Trilogy on Blu-Ray

Dr.Jonesy

Grrr...'Kingdom' is still only separated by 16 chapters. For a 2 hour film, that's very few chapters. The other three have 30 or so chapters per film. That's much more convenient, IMO.

Dr.Jonesy

Sakis said:
Is it just me or there is too much grain in those pictures?

The menus look more like Kingdom's dvd release than what they used for the rest of the dvd trilogy.

I'm sure that's just what happens when you zoom into the screenshot.

I hope!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Newsflash! This just in.

Guys, I've just found a FB page that has just been made for an Indiana Jones Bluray event at JB Hifi in Sydney on the 10th. John Rhys-Davies will be in attendance! As well as the first numbered 100 sets to be sold in the world.

Damn! I can't get to Sydney. And I already have preordered the Limited Edition.

FedoraHead

There is no deleted scenes or commentary on the set? I was hoping it would have a lot of extra. I dont care much about 'making of" stuff. Does it have trailers?

russds

Yeah, article is great, and the clip is ever better! great new footage. Love seeing new stuff. Too bad it's so short.

borntorun97

Any idea if the standard definition special features on the limited edition UK box set will play correctly on a US blue ray player and TV? I know PAL format DVDs do not play, but I'm not sure about blue rays.

russds

According to this article in the EW magazine:
e336c248.jpg

There will be,

"tasty deleted scenes, alternate takes, and previously unseen footage of a boyish Spielberg in a Star Wars cap choreographing Raiders' now-iconic action sequences. Even better is the rare sight of Ford laughing at his inability to remember his lines and saying he only took the gig because he wasn't 'getting the scripts that the top 10 get'"

I'm getting more and more excited to get this. Can't wait to see these new behind the scenes extras.

Henry Jones VII

russds said:
According to this article in the EW magazine:
e336c248.jpg

There will be,

I'm getting more and more excited to get this. Can't wait to see these new behind the scenes extras.
sounds awesome. must buy for me, day one!:D

Dr.Jonesy

Awesome, got my copy reserved.

Odd that EW gave KOTCS the diss of being 'silly and skippable' when they gave it two 'A' reviews.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the set. Wonder how it'll do sales wise next to SW.

Last edited:

borntorun97

Dr.Jonesy said:
Anyone in the US ordering the UK special edition with all the extra stuff?

I ordered it. I just hope all the non-HD stuff works on my player and isn't in PAL format. It was only about $15 more than the US version too.

Dr.Jonesy

borntorun97 said:
I ordered it. I just hope all the non-HD stuff works on my player and isn't in PAL format. It was only about $15 more than the US version too.

Oh wow. I might have to consider that, now...

Thanks!
:hat:

KingdianaJones7

Original Plan.

My original plan was to do what I did when I went to buy Crystal Skull, I wore my Fedora when I went to the Store.

And last year when I went to the Store to buy the Star Wars BluRay I wore my ILM Baseball Cap, Star Wars BluRay T-Shirt, Anakin Lightsaber and Anakin Gauntlet I just remember getting the BluRay home and squeeeing totally.

Because the Fedora is a lot different now from the last time I went into a Store wearing it I've decided that this time I wont go out wearing it to get the Indy BluRay so last week I ordered it off Amazon. :) Will be wearing my Crystal Skull T-Shirt and the Fedora when it arrives first class.

I've gone for the "Limited Edition Collectors Set."

Lance Quazar

borntorun97 said:

You may be disappointed.

I discovered early this year that UK blu rays will play on only a very tiny percentage of US players.