Which villain had the best death scene?

Which villain had the best death scene?

• Total voters

Maybe.Not Today

I voted for melting faces..way too cool. Although propeller to the face and thugee getting pulled into rock crusher always really made me cringe when I was a kid. Getting pulled into the rock crusher still makes me cringe, now that I think about it. I love the way indy tries to save him by pulling on the rope, and his reaction is great..just like mine. Cringe!

Mickiana

Yes, the melting faces have it. Very creative, very gruesome. Actually, there was only one melting face - Toht's. Dietrich just sort of dried out very quickly. Visually they were very satisfying. Keep in mind, these were deaths due to supernatural powers, so they were always going to be special.

Paden

From an educational perspective, I think it's important to support media that shows someone expanding their mind. That's why I voted for Belloq. ;)

NamedAfterDaDog

I loved the melting faces, but...
I had to go with Vogel. He is a nasty lil' bugger, and he gets just down right irritating from beating Indy up so much. I think he deserved that death - just plain right BAM!
It's like, "Okay, I slapped the professor around, dragged the dude in the hat around on my turret a bit, hit him with a shovel, I'll just put up a bit more of a fight, and later have a few drinks in Berlin."
God's going, okay, sounds nice, THUD.

The end. :hat:

Fantasmic17

I voted for Belloq because his death was definately the most dramatic and meaningful in the entire series, but to me, Mola Ram's was much more satisfying.

To me, Mola Ram is exactly like Shelob in "The Return of the King". Whenever he (Mola Rom) would get closer to the screen, a shiver always seems to tingle up my spine. The first time I saw that man fall off of the bridge can only be described using one word; relieving...

Rayder

The only reason I voted for malaram is because he gets eaten by allegatior, after hitting his head on the cliff during his fall, after being burnt by the sakara stones, and struggling to stay on a broken suspention bridge. The hitting his head on the cliff is what made me cringe.

Fantasmic17

Rayder said:
The only reason I voted for malaram is because he gets eaten by allegatior, after hitting his head on the cliff during his fall, after being burnt by the sakara stones, and struggling to stay on a broken suspention bridge. The hitting his head on the cliff is what made me cringe.

After your post, I think I now pity him...

We have a man who gets eaten by an alligator after being on a collapsed suspension bridge, struggling to stay on, trying to save his greatest possessions, and then bumping his head on the side of the cliff. Just a poor guy swept up in a charismatic Hindu cult... shame...

Deckard

Fantasmic17 said:
After your post, I think I now pity him...

We have a man who gets eaten by an alligator after being on a collapsed suspension bridge, struggling to stay on, trying to save his greatest possessions, and then bumping his head on the side of the cliff. Just a poor guy swept up in a charismatic Hindu cult... shame...

He was also throwing his own men off to there death like they were rocks to throw at Indy. He wanted to enslave children and the world, and the whole him hitting his head surely knocked him out, saving him from the pain he would have felt as the gators tore him apart. But yea a real shame... :p

Now Vogel, He got his head slammed into metal w/ little rivets sticking out and was bleeding internally, and he was awake to see himself plummet to his own demise. Which probably hurt like hell and broke most of his bones paralyzing him, if he survived the initial impact, which is why I voted for his.

SterankoII

Actually Mola Ram's death kind of confused me as a kid. I was like "Is he flying? What's going on?" I wasn't accustomed to Spielberg's trick shots back then. I guess it's a more interesting way to show a villain fall to his death than usual.

Fantasmic17

SterankoII said:
Actually Mola Ram's death kind of confused me as a kid. I was like "Is he flying? What's going on?" I wasn't accustomed to Spielberg's trick shots back then. I guess it's a more interesting way to show a villain fall to his death than usual.

I always knew that he was just falling to his death, but now that I watched the movie recently, I can see why you might think that he was flying. The special effects are slightly decieving. I was hoping that in the rerelease of series (a while ago) that they would clean up some of the effects (especially in Temple of Doom) to make them look more real. I don't mean go all CGI on the entire trilogy, just the bits and pieces that don't look all that great.

Benraianajones

Favourite enemy death?

Hi all, so, with all 4 movies out now, which deaths do you like best?

The opening of the ark, Mola Ram falling from the bridge to the mouth of crocodiles, Spalko having her brain set on fire with knowledge or Donovan's rapid aging?

This isn't a topic to discuss which effects look shoddy/best a such - but more, which death you think is the most effective/or shocking.

I have been thinking for awhile, the ark is my favourite. However lately, after watching Donovan's a few times, I think that may be now. I like the way the brass elegantly plays whislt Donovan's horrific growls of pain sound out, and the quick change in tempo when his bones shatter. I like also, the way the grail Knight just sits watching the whole event, unphased by it. I also like the way poor Elsa is screaming in terror, I bet she assumed the grail would make him drop dead just like that - not a horrible slow death like that! The way Donovan's flesh at the end goes all greenish and disintegrates is the worst bit I think! Yuk.

The opening of the ark is second for sure- the best bit being the tense music, and when the "nice" music suddenly shifts to the "scary" music as the ghost transforms in to the skeleton. Spalko's was 3rd for me - if only the fire emerging from her eyes lasted longer, and we saw her face and head burn for awhile first. Like the way Irina's theme is added to the music during her demise too, really like the track for this death after hearing the soundtrack a few times. The Temple of Doom is my fave movie probably, but has the least interesting death in it I think - but it has the entire great rope bridge scene to make up for it. What do you guys prefer?

LostArk

1. The ark obviously. Belloq's ****ing head blew up and faces got melted.
2. Mola Ram looked awesome falling down that abyss.
3. Donovan.
4. Spalko's wasn't as gruesome...she just kinda disappeared.

The Man

The revelations of the Ark are unbeatable. Especially when compared with Spalko's death from, er, knowledge...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kooshmeister

This seems to cover only major enemy deaths. For minor ones, I like:

Cairo Swordsman
German Mechanic
Gobler
Chen
Vogel

(I almost nominated the Sergeant, then I realized I liked him too much and hate seeing him get run over. XD)