Hi Everyone!

Daley

Hi guys, I'm new to the Raven - really glad to be a part of the discussions!!

I've already posted a number of things, I've just seen this Newbie forum now:eek: Oh well, better late than never!

Well I'm a 23 year old South African chap (currently in the UK) and if anybody's seen what I've already posted, you'll know that Temple of Doom is my absolute favourite Indy film, for a number of reasons - I'll get into those on the appropriate thread ;) - but yes, I like Willie Scott, screams and all!!!

I'm a freelance fashion designer and traditional artist/illustrator, so I pretty much love all things creative - I love working with my hands:)

As a visitor to the Raider.net and occasionally the Raven, it really is inspring to see how much hard work and dedication everyone puts in to keeping Indiana Jones alive, and as a fan I am incredibly grateful for this community - even more so now that we can all interact with each other!
I'm so looking forward to sharing, talking and discussing with you:whip:

Kind Regards,
Dale McCarthy

Nice to know you...I HATE Willie Scott, (you may have to forgive the occational turrets-ian outburst), but think we can still get on. Cheers, and welcome.:hat:

Daley

Haha it's all good, each to their own lol ;)

I bet I'll be able to pursuade you to think otherwise - it'l be my mission:whip:

Thanks for the welcome:D

Stoo

Hi, Dale. I've already welcomed you in another thread but will do it again. Nice to have you aboard!:hat:

Interesting to know that you are from South Africa because 19th century South African history is one of my greatest passions. I've never been there but it is on my life's to-do list. Where did you live in S.Africa?

By the way, I too am an artist/illustrator.;)

Indy's brother

Welcome to The Raven, Daley! Also, while Doom isn't necessarily my favorite, (I don't really have a favorite anymore, I love 'em all) I must say that it's certainly underrated. I look forward to your comments on the film. ;)

Daley

Stoo said:
Hi, Dale. I've already welcomed you in another thread but will do it again. Nice to have you aboard!:hat:

Interesting to know that you are from South Africa because 19th century South African history is one of my greatest passions. I've never been there but it is on my life's to-do list. Where did you live in S.Africa?

By the way, I too am an artist/illustrator.;)

Oh wow, that's amazing!! This is going to sound really terrible, but even as a South African I can't say I'm too familiar with SA history from the 1800's:eek: it was never really emphasized at school - This is really interesting to me, what do you find fascinating about it? And I most definately think you should plan a visit to sunny South Africa, it truly is a magical place to enjoy a holiday - there's always lots to see and do! Hey if and when you do, let me know and I could give you some pointers of where to go and whatnot :D
I'm actually flying back there tomorrow(!!!), I stay in Durban, in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal, right on the coast - Durban is known for being more relaxed and laid-back than Cape Town or Johannesburg...they're always bustling with energy, but I've only ever visited CT & Joburg once each:p

And I'd really love to see some of your work, have you posted some of it online! :D

Daley

Indy's brother said:
Welcome to The Raven, Daley! Also, while Doom isn't necessarily my favorite, (I don't really have a favorite anymore, I love 'em all) I must say that it's certainly underrated. I look forward to your comments on the film. ;)

Thank you so much for the welcome message:hat:! haha I love 'em all too..with maybe just a little bit of extra Doom love;) (that doesn't include KOTCS...I'm a bit indifferent to it..meh..) but I do definately agree that TOD is underrated..I think it's been unfairly criticised over the years (some of the things I've read, reviews and comments have been unbelievably harsh) - I just take it for what it is - a fun, wild adventure film that's non-stop excitement fom beginning to end. Plus I love Willie hehehe:whip: so that helps too!

One of these days I'll launch into a discussion in the Trilogy thread about why I love TOD - just my views and whatnot:)

Thanks again(y)

Daley

The Drifter said:
Welcome to The Raven! It's always nice to see another Doom-Head. Temple is my favorite of the films as well.

Ah well we have much to talk about then!! :D:whip:

Daley

Indy_Chic said:
Welcome to The Raven Daley! :hat:

Nice to know that there are some Willie Scott fans around.

Thank you so much! Yeah I think Willie deserves a bit of positive attention after all these years ;) I think she's fantastic :)

Daley

clintonmills said:
Welcome! I haven't been around long myself but I really enjoy this place.

Well hello there fellow newbie :p The Raven is fantastic isn't it, the premiere place to discuss all things Indy (and beyond)!!! (y)