What is the Best 90's Indy novel?

Indy1936

I've noticed that all yall like Hollow Earth, and nothing wrong with that, I like it too, but there is no need to put down Martin Caidin's books so harshly. You have to remember that he is known for writing very detailed non fiction books on aviation. High marks to Caidin for the details.

Doc Savage

I currently have Dinosaur Eggs, Dance of the Giants, Hollow Earth, and The Unicorn's Legacy on the way. I'll post my opinions as I read them, if anyone's interested.

Junior Jones

Recommendations

Indy_Jones88 said:
Hi, I,ve only read the dance of the giants which was really good. and i just ordered the rest of the books by rob mcgregor and micheal kiaden off of ebey. Which books would u recommend and which r not worth reading???

Rob MacGregor's books are pretty good. They started out great, but the last few got weird. They were too implausible and unbelievable.

Martin Caiden wrote spy novels with Indiana Jones in them. If you consider Young Indy's WWI experience as a spy, it makes some sense, but I know a lot of people reject that. This isn't really the same Indiana Jones from the movies.

Max McCoy's novels are in my opinion the best as a group. He made more of an attempt to lead into the movies by introducing Belloq and Wu Han.

But this is all just my opinion. Does anyone else want to comment?

I

Indy_Jones88

Thx

Thank You for your opinion, I will try to get the Max McCoy Books off of ebay or at amazon.com. I had heard they were the best and i was trying to bid on them but i got out bid in the last 2 seconds. lol. Which book is ure personal favorite???

I

Indy_Jones88

indiana jones and the dinosaur eggs is where Wu Han is introduced. There is a difference in how they meet between max mccoy books and the emperors tomb. But you meet him in both.

I

Indy_Jones88

Ok thank u for the suggestion. I will have to look for those at the library.

You have a heck of a lot of post renderking!!! 15000

I

Indy_Jones88

lmao, i propose a toast to renderking for his 1500 post. Congrats Renderking. Keep up the good work

Junior Jones

Anyway, back to the topic.

I haven't read the books in a while, but when I do, I read them all in order, so they kind of blend together in my mind. So I don't have a favorite book, but my favorite author is McCoy.

HovitosKing

Indy novel suggestions

All of Rob MacGregor's, except "Indiana Jones and the Interior World."

None of Martin Caidin's.

All of Max McCoy's, without reservation and without delay. By far the greatest set of Indy novels.

I

Indy_Jones88

Cool thx for the recommendations. I will have to go on Ebay and buy the Max McCoy Books. All i have heard about his books is good. Thx again

I

Indy's_main_man

Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge

One of my favorites

I read "Indiana Jones and the White Witch" by Caidin. I got so bored I didn't finish it.
Maybe it's just me.
I've also read a few "choose your own adventure" books like "Indiana Jones and the Curse of Horror Island".
Don't know if they count as novels, though.

Caitlin

AAAck! I must post some good stuff about the White Witch to balance out all the negative towards it. It was my favorite! That and the Unicorns Legacy. I think I enjoyed them most because of the "spirituality" nature/old religion stuff that apparently repels others from these books. They also contained some strong romantic themes.....so perhaps thats why the guys aren't into them as much.
When choosing which ones to read first I immediately avoided Sky Pirates, just because I know that airplanes, military, shoot-em up books just arn't my type of book....horsies and magic????Ok now ya got me reeled in! Thats what great about all these books by different authors..there is definately something for everybody. So I can not really give a recomendation.. Read em all I guess! I have read 5 so far...and will eventually read the others..yup even Sky Pirates..(even though Indy is lookin' at his dorkiest on the cover!) the element of "magic" phychokenesis(sp?) could make it interesting for me.

QueZTone

Dinosaurs Eggs is good indeed..
but also Genesis Deluge and i think also Oracle of Delphi..
it's been a long while since I read them...

and seeing as they don't get published anymore here (in Dutch) I see them as collector's items so I don't want to damage them by reading them again hehe...

guess i should get them in English...

QueZTone

ahh okay, i was translating the title out of my head from Dutch :p

in dutch its Indiana Jones en het Orakel van Delphi :p

anyway, Peril it is!