Indiana Jones and the Mother of Monsters

Scarchaeologist

This was a story I wrote back in high school. I've decided to go back and work on it again.

Basically Indy finds himself in a world of trouble when he's suddenly attacked by a harpy five months before DDay. He soon goes off to stop a Nazi cult from gaining the favor of the Ancient Greek Mother of Monsters and her brood in order to prepare for the Allied Invasion of Normandy. He goes up against a hydra, an angry cyclops, a war band of centaurs, a beautiful but deadly lamia, and nazi sorcerers in a race against time as the Mother of Monsters stirs!

kongisking

Still think Classical Mythology is a largely untapped corner of the supernatural world for the Indiana Jones franchise. Greek myths are chock-full of magical objects for baddies to plunder...it boggles my mind Indy hasn't had more Greek-themed adventures.

Oh, and I like the idea you got there. Indy fighting monsters? Why the heck not? Aliens didn't bother me, and neither will hydras or harpies. (y)

Scarchaeologist

kongisking said:
Still think Classical Mythology is a largely untapped corner of the supernatural world for the Indiana Jones franchise. Greek myths are chock-full of magical objects for baddies to plunder...it boggles my mind Indy hasn't had more Greek-themed adventures.

Oh, and I like the idea you got there. Indy fighting monsters? Why the heck not? Aliens didn't bother me, and neither will hydras or harpies. (y)

Depends on how they look. Some people portray harpies and lamias as looking like Japanese monster girls (ie catgirls). Although that seems to be what people nowadays think such monsters look like.