Ark of the Covenant

Pale Horse

Staff member
"Am I going mad, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic LAND MASS!"

Whoops, wrong thread, again
;)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
apalehorse said:
"Am I going mad, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic LAND MASS!"
Okay, thats cool I won't take offense. So just call me Aaron the Giant from now on.;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
As Vincini did in PB and Belloq did in RotLA, I am sure my pride will get the best of me. Thanks for your good sense of humor. ;)

Now someone hand me a torch so I can find the thread in all this darkness.....

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
*Hands torch to apalehorse*
"Go to four corners of the earth..." (sorry couldn't help but use the Biblical reference)

Venture

apalehorse said:
As Vincini did in PB and Belloq did in RotLA, I am sure my pride will get the best of me.

Inconthievable!!! (sp. error intended)

But, yes, the ark...big gold box, don't touch...did everyone here know that it caused hemmorhoids? The Bible calls them "emerods" and places them in "their secret parts." Yep, those Philistines were hurting. I'm grasping at straws to get back on topic, aren't I?

Venture

I think the correct term in the dialect and inflection of the time, factoring in a certain dilution through the ages of the original mother tongue, was "ouchie."

Venture

westford said:
I never knew Farmer Giles was in the Bible. Amazing what you find out around here...

Not familiar with Farmer Giles, but it wouldn't shock me in the least. By the way, your signature line is hilarious. Where'd it come from?

Pale Horse

Staff member
to venture--->

"Pirates of the Carob-bean: Curse of the plaque burl"

(damn, I am too clever sometimes) :D

[Edited by apalehorse on 11-23-2003 at 10:53 pm]

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Re: to venture--->

apalehorse said:
"Pirates of the Carob-bean: Curse of the plaque burl"

(damn, I am too clever sometimes) :D

[Edited by apalehorse on 11-23-2003 at 10:53 pm]
The moonlight shows us for who we really are!

Venture

merancapeman said:
Well, i don't think the Arc is on this earth... Perhaps it's... it's....

What are you trying to do, merancapeman, keep us on topic? But, in response, read Revelation 11:19 and tell me if you think it refers to a temple in heaven or on earth.

Venture

Just finished watching a special on the Ark, and one of the things they covered was the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. The God-sanctioned instruments have been constructed, several million dollars have been set aside or its construction, the Levitical priesthood has been reestablished to perform the sacrifices. When Grant Jeffrey, a biblical archaeologist, asked the rabbis about the Ark, the only response he got was, "The Ark is in Israel." Pretty interesting stuff, eh?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Cain re: Rev. 11:19

My understanding is that this passage deals with the period after (the much argued details of) the tribulation of seven years called the Millennium, where 1000 years of peace precedes the the battle of Armageddon. At that time the cross as a means of atonement will no longer have the same ramifications that it has today. The ark will again serve the same purpose it was designed for prior to sactification. Based on that arguement, I would say it is still on the earth (since I find it difficult to believe that it would be destroyed, only to be recreated).

I believe in the 77 feet theroy.