Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #26
Moedred
Administrator

The end in sight already?
Quote:
Rumor has it that Disney and Lucasfilm are planning to do “about” three or four seasons of Star Wars Rebels before starting a whole new Star Wars animated series, with all new characters, set in the timeline of the current movies (the Star Wars sequel trilogy).
Since this is so early, there aren’t a lot of specific details. The new cartoon series will be set during the Sequel Trilogy timeline (Episodes VII and beyond), which will be very familiar to fans by that time. If Rebels does go three or four seasons, the new show would hypothetically start in 2017 or 2018, around the same time we’ll see Star Wars Episode VIII. That means we’ll have at least one, possibly two movies of world building in which to set up a new story and set of characters.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #27
Grizzlor
IndyFan

Most animated series of this genre do not last longer than 3 or 4 years. For one, the toys get stale! I finally got free time yesterday to watch the show, and have gotten through the first 6 episodes. I LOVE the show! This is the Star Wars I have loved in LucasArts games and novels and comics. Very happy with it.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #28
Duaner
IndyFan

Rebels is streaming for free on starwars.com this weekend. This was a great chance for poor people like me who can't afford cable to finally see the show. I was hooked from the beginning and finished the whole series in a day. It really felt like true Star Wars (especially with the score as previous posts have mentioned). I particularly loved the episode with Billy Dee Williams voicing Lando. They left it open for his return too. Hopefully, Han is with him next time.
Duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #29
Montana Smith
IndyFan

I downloaded the complete series from YouTube while The Raven was on holiday.

Haven't seen anything but snippets of it yet.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #30
Orellana
IndyFan

I don't know why, but the same thing that happened to me with The Clone wars animated show is happening again with rebels. It just seems too darn kiddie and peachy even for what it is for me personally. That being said, I said the same thing about The Clone Wars. Until i started watching, then I binged and watched every episode. I'm sure Ill come around to Rebels as soon as I get time to watch and enjoy it.
Orellana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #31
Duaner
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orellana
I don't know why, but the same thing that happened to me with The Clone wars animated show is happening again with rebels. It just seems too darn kiddie and peachy even for what it is for me personally. That being said, I said the same thing about The Clone Wars. Until i started watching, then I binged and watched every episode. I'm sure Ill come around to Rebels as soon as I get time to watch and enjoy it.

I need to binge on Clone Wars still. I've only seen bits and pieces of it. I got to see Rebels last May the 4th when it was streaming for free. I was hooked from the beginning. Make the time for it.
Duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #32
neverAcquiesce
IndyFan

Clone Wars definitely got more serious as it progressed. The final Yoda arc is a completely different show from the pilot film. Haven't given Rebels a try yet, but I may if/when it comes to Netflix.

Now, those Jar Jar episodes on the other hand...
neverAcquiesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #33
Orellana
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duaner
I need to binge on Clone Wars still. I've only seen bits and pieces of it. I got to see Rebels last May the 4th when it was streaming for free. I was hooked from the beginning. Make the time for it.
It will be well worth your time sir. That show is (was...) aweome
Orellana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #34
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
It's not Easter yet, however...

Star Wars Rebels Dropped a Brain-Bending Indiana Jones Easter Egg

Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #35
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Fitzpatrick from screencrush.com
...or if Star Wars somehow took place in Indiana Jones’ future...
Looks like this pinhead doesn't realize that "Star Wars" isn't set in the future. It happened "a long time ago" in the past.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote