Indy 5 action figures

lao che & sons

With Indy 5 in the works and Hasbro with a promise to reboot the action figure line when there is an official announcement. I was wondering would more action figures from Hasbro be a blessing? :confused: I think not. Let another toy company have a chance. Kenner didn't continue with figures for TOD so why should Hasbro. There was so much drama with Hasbro and the story continues, I ordered my crystal skeleton in Dec. got the Jun. 10 postcard and still haven't recieved mine. :mad: The TOD and LC waves are near impossible to find at any local retailers and they cost an arm and leg just to get them off the ineternet :mad: (I got my full set when they were $10 actually)
Even Hasbros Toy Shop doesn't sell them anymore. :mad: And the godfather of all dissapointments 1/2 year after their release the line was canceled.:mad: Plus the first 2 waves were horrible and the good waves can't be found anywhere now.:mad:
I just want to see a new company take over the line and show hasbro how it's done, Hot Toys could do a good job I think.(y) (y)

ChromiumBlue37

There is a supposed contract between Hasbro and Lucasfilm.
Besides, many of want the planned Raiders wave, if nothing else.

Errex

All it boils down to, is that if the movie does well (or at least better than Crystal Skull, both critically and financially), then we will get our figures.

I hope Hasbro does reissue the ToD wave more widely, and that we get to see the figures that had been in development when the line was halted. In that regard I wait with bated breath to hear more news at SDCC.:D

Dr Bones

I don't care who as long as someone does it and does it right.

Better likenesses a give us the figures we want..german mechanic etc. Ideally in the same scale so we can mix n match with old waves and old vehicles.

I gurantee they will change the scale to make people start a new set though. That's business.

lao che & sons

I think comic con next month will tell us a lot. I'm expecting Indy 5 to be announced, and I'm expecting news of more toys coming from someone. Everything will be revealed at Comic Con:gun:

Lance Quazar

Dr Bones said:
I gurantee they will change the scale to make people start a new set though. That's business.

No they won't.

lao che & sons said:
I'm expecting Indy 5 to be announced, and I'm expecting news of more toys coming from someone.

No they won't.

Crack that whip

Errex said:
All it boils down to, is that if the movie does well (or at least better than Crystal Skull, both critically and financially), then we will get our figures.

Crystal Skull already did fairly well critically and extremely well financially (and as far as licensed merchandise goes, the financial success of a property is more important than its critical success), so that wouldn't really be an issue. Moreover, the toy line would be planned for launch well before the movie's release anyway. The contract would probably be signed while the movie was still in preproduction, before actual shooting began, to say nothing of its release and seeing how well it did with critics and at the box office.

If I may say so, I think what it actually boils down to is that whether the Indy action figure line reappears (or a new one begins) depends not so much upon another movie's performance (critical or commercial) as upon whether the Indy team goes forward on another movie at all.

deckard24

I wouldn't mind seeing a new line take over, especially one the caliber of say NECA or Mcfarlane Toys. Granted they wouldn't be flexible, and they would be more statue like, but we've already got almost all the characters from the films in the 3 3/4" scale, and something new might be cool.

Just imagine how badass a NECA or Mcfarlane style version of Mola Ram, Temple of Doom Indy, Toht, or Henry Sr. could be.

http://www.necaonline.com/product/detail/30116
http://www.spawn.com/toys/categorytype.aspx?categoryid=8

Kevin

Lucasfilm won't give the license to anyone else, and I wouldn't want them to. If we do get new figures, I want them to be the same scale and style as the ones I already have.

Hasbro may have goofed on some of the early figures, but they quickly corrected their mistakes, and were really turning out some nice figures at the end. I'm sure any new figures they create will be on par with the TOD wave.

Errex

Insomniac said:
FU CK HASBRO ABSORBED WITH STAR WARS AND NOT INDY!!!!
:dead:

STAR WARS IS OVER....

Uh, Nope.

Wether you like it or not, there is the Clone Wars, and OT and PT figure sales keep as strong as ever.

tnswman

Sorry folks but Hasbro and Lucasfilm are pretty much connected on this...Hasbro has what is called 1st refusal rights. meaning that they are the go-to company..they automatically have the rights. No other company can even look at the line until Hasbro refuses..Which they WILL NOT!

Really though, What more do you people want? These are MASS PRODUCED action figures!! Find me ANY 3 3/4" figure line that is ANY BETTER!! You CAN'T!!!

Stop the whining about the figures!! There is only so much that can be done in this scale...and I hate it for all the 6" or 8" lovers..Those times are over! You have a 7" Indy..ENJOY him!

Mcfarlane and Neca can NOT produce the toys in a way that Lucasfilm desires. The sheer numbers that goes into a line like this are something only a company like Hasbro can do...and YES, only Hasbro can do 3 3/4" figures the right way.

Really, we have been over this but WHAT do you want your Indy toys to do or have that they don't already? They are not going to run and jump...and I'm sorry but many of you crying about paint issues are just too d@mn picky! once again, the early problems were concerning on a few figures but it was FIXED!! The indy figures are painted just like EVERY OTHER 3 3/4" figure...Stop being un-realistic.

Jono11

deckard24 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a new line take over, especially one the caliber of say NECA or Mcfarlane Toys. Granted they wouldn't be flexible, and they would be more statue like, but we've already got almost all the characters from the films in the 3 3/4" scale, and something new might be cool.
Herein lies my problem with the toy collecting mentality. Everyone seems to forget that the reason these things exist is to be toys. For children to play with them. Children don't play with statues. They play with articulated action figures. If you honestly expect Lucasfilm to move the license away from Hasbro so 35-year-old collectors will be happy, and actual toy buyers will never again buy another Indy toy, you're being pretty unrealistic.

Nurhachi1991

I loved the action figures Hasbro made! They look great (y)

My only complaint is that the last waves were HARD to find! I still don't have all the TOD wave. :mad:

Indy's Fist

I think the Hasbro figures looked fine. I mean compare them to the Kenner or LJN figures of the 80's or the Disney fiuges! I'm sure they could have made better looking figures, but they would have cost way more. Remember these are mass produced toys aimed at kids. Now Sideshow and other "adult collectors series" toy companies offer better toys but again, they are much more expensive. i guess it's all a matter of perspective.

deckard24

Jono11 said:
Herein lies my problem with the toy collecting mentality. Everyone seems to forget that the reason these things exist is to be toys. For children to play with them. Children don't play with statues. They play with articulated action figures. If you honestly expect Lucasfilm to move the license away from Hasbro so 35-year-old collectors will be happy, and actual toy buyers will never again buy another Indy toy, you're being pretty unrealistic.
They might originally have existed to be toys, but that doesn't mean that is their sole purpose now! If that was the case, companies like I named, NECA and McFarlane, along with others like Sideshow and Medicom, wouldn't exist.

When did I ever say that I expected Lucasfilm to move the license away from Hasbro? All I said was I wouldn't mind seeing another company have a shot.

For the record I have virtually all of the Hasbro line, minus the KOTCS wave, and I was particularly impressed with the TOD and LC waves.

Last edited:

monkey man

Overall it's hard for me to complain about what we got. The ones that we didn't get are the problem.
Hasbro had production straightened out by the LC wave. The LC wave and the TOD waves were really well done. Overall the line was acceptable for me. I don't expect photographic likenesses on 3/4 figures that cost $7.
I'm still glad that we got any Indy figures at all. Count me in on the next batch if it ever happens.

vf wing

I'm very much looking forward to the Big H putting Indy back on Aisle 7! My main wish is that they get the jump on the film's release date and start releasing figures early. Hopefully they can get a few extra waves out thru a bigger window!

lao che & sons said:
I ordered my crystal skeleton in Dec. got the Jun. 10 postcard and still haven't recieved mine. :mad:

Same here, now that you mention it... :mad:

lao che & sons said:
Even Hasbros Toy Shop doesn't sell them anymore.

They actually do. They did take the link off their homepage tho :gun:

He'll be back!