Top 5 Books?

Uncle Vanya Attila? Sweet! Just did a production of Wood Demon, the play he based it on, I was Wood Demon, love that Crazy fool. As for me, well, I dunno, this is by no means a definitive list:

1. 100 years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. The Great War for Civilisation - Robert Fisk
3. War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
4. For whom the Bell tolls - Ernest Hemingway
5. The Trial - Kafka (or Metamorphosis)
6. Zen and the art of motercycle maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig
7. Gerald Of Wale's Topography of Ireland (the most hilarious apparantly factual medieval book I've ever read. Its fantasticly ridiculous, and written to persuade the Brits to Invade Ireland, its online actually, stories of Fish with 3 gold teeth, moving bells, and exploding Frogs)
8. 1984 - George Orwell
9. War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells
10. Any play by Sean O Casey

I'm racking my brains here to just come up with 10, all my books are in a different country, if I could only look at them...

aw well.. observe Chat folk... my psyche...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Jeremiah Jones said:
Uncle Vanya Attila? Sweet! Just did a production of Wood Demon, the play he based it on, I was Wood Demon, love that Crazy fool.

Whoa, seriously? When I did it, I was Astrov, your successor (well, I've got some of the one other guy too, but still)! The Wood Demon's a crazy, crazy play, but God, I LOVE Chekhov. I've never had a better theatrical experience. We should talk. We should...create a thread about theatre.

My favourite book of all time is Joseph Heller's 'Catch 22'. I call it an ode to anxiety.

My four other favourite books are also Catch 22.

Rayder

My top five favorite books besides Harry Potter...
1. The Snows of Kiliminjaro
2. The Sight
3. The Hobbit
4. The Lord of Snows and Shadows
5. Where the Red Fern Grows

Grendel wasn't bad either

Kyle

OOOOO...I really like this thread. I've seen some great books so far :)
But I'm gonna have to say:

1. Feed by M.T. Anderson (ammmmmazing!!!!)
2. 1984 by George Orwell
3. The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer (I haven't finished it yet, but I'm really enjoying it.)
4. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
5. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George

:hat:

Little Indy

WillKill4Food said:
All of this talk of this masterpiece has made me start reading it a second time.

DOOOHH I lent my copy to a friend. I talked it up so much he wanted to read it. Maybe I'll go and buy another one, it was kind of tatty anyway.

WillKill4Food

Little Indy said:
DOOOHH I lent my copy to a friend. I talked it up so much he wanted to read it. Maybe I'll go and buy another one, it was kind of tatty anyway.
I don't have a copy, I just borrow it from the library occasionally. It's either required or suggested reading for Juniors. But I'm a sophomore so I guess I'm ahead of the game.

WillKill4Food

The_Raiders said:
Lol, nope, it's a Napoleon Dynamite book, it's pretty good, you can look into it. It's writen by Jeff Dunn & Adam Palmer :whip:
I know, I was just trying to make a joke (albeit a lame one...kind of like that tiger.)