The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

Mephisto

Mitchellhallock said:
Guys if you are looking to buy some of Danny's Marvel Indy try Anthonys art in new jersey. He has an ebay store and most of the art is between 75-100 per pages. He had a Herb Trimpe cover for issue 19 I think but wanted 1500. I talked him down to 1000 but I asked Herb Trimpe himself if he art was worth that price and he laughingly told me no. So I passed. If I find his card I'll give it to you. Speaking of Gene Day I do remember how sad that was. Don't forget another great from the 1980s Marvel writer Bill Mantlo who suffered a devastating brain injury after getting hit by a motorcycle. He is still alive but I believe his brother cares for him now.

Are you sure it wasn't issue 16? 19 isn't by Trimpe. I was offered the cover to issue to 15 and 16 for a piece of Romita Sr. Spider-Man art but I feel the Trimpe covers are over valued, so I passed and sold the Romita for cash. Shortly after the Indy covers wound up with Anthony. He still has 16 for sale for $1,250.

harvey

Further Adventures #9 & #10 have now been adapted as the latest IndyCast Radio Drama. Here's my review: (y)

Indiana Jones The Gold Goddess

**** 1/2 (out of 5)

Third in the series of radio dramas produced by the IndyCast team and part one of a two-part Marvel Comics adaptation. Full disclosure here ? I have three lines, so I won?t review the fact that I took a bullet in the arm as Reporter #1. ☺

This was my first chance to hear the drama in its entirety and I must say, these productions keep getting better. Radio drama writer and co-producer Keith Voss, working from a ripping comic book yarn scripted by Archie Goodwin and David Michelinie, once again brings an added dimension to the 2-D world of Indy comics.

All of the regulars are back: IndyCast host Ed Dolista narrates, Rob Magee pulls triple duty as our favorite adventurer as well as co-producing and editing, Keith Voss flexes the golden pipes as Sallah (dead on), Silvio Mannello goes evil once again as Xomec (or is he just a misunderstood character?) and Lito Velasco channels the late Denholm Elliott?s Marcus Brody. Newcomers include Kay Bierbacher (turning in quite the hissable performance as the Nazi, Ilsa), Renee Hardin (a feisty and frustrated Marion Ravenwood), and Young Indiana Jones Sound Editor Laird Malamed as my reporter buddy.

The cast is obviously having great fun putting these together and everyone gives it their all. The adventure begins with Indy?s quest for the golden idol he lost to Belloq in Raiders. Gunfights, fistfights, car chases and a rooftop rumble are all part of a whip-cracking good time! Magee pulls it all together with incredible pacing, sound effects and music cues. Be warned?it IS a cliffhanger ? but part two is already in production and promises to be even bigger and better (as anyone who has read the story knows).

Dolista and the IndyCast crew need not worry about a lack of Indy content to satisfy fans of the podcast. Between these incredible dramas and the specials on John Williams, Indy fans will have plenty of downloadable adventures in the future.

harvey

InBanana Jones said:
Issues #9 and 10 are among my favorite tales from TFAOIJ. Could you provide a link to the production, please?

Sure thing!

Here's the link to the show (and you can also download on iTunes - it's the IndyCast):

http://forcecast.net/story/indycast/IndyCast_Radio_Drama_Special_3_136011.asp

There's also an IndyCast Radio Drama Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112935822078450&ref=ts

an IndyCast page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-IndyCast-Indiana-Jones-News-and-Commentary/368306729488

AND...a Further Adventures of Indiana Jones page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Further-Adventures-of-Indiana-Jones/161896070520325

Don't forget to comment...we want all of the feedback we can get!! (y)

harvey

While you're waiting for part two (Further Adventures issue 10) of the Gold Goddess Radio Drama...we have a release date for the FIRST IndyCast Read-Along Adventure.

Coming February 14th,"Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Death Mask"!!

Presented in the style of the old "book and record" read-alongs, this adaptation of the comic book tale from the Lost Treasures UK Magazine #1 will whisk you back to those thrilling days of?the 80?s!!

Remember - be sure to turn the page when you hear the bullwhip crack like this: :whip:

I've finally ordered TFAOIJ vol. 3; yeah, it took me long enough...:eek:

The mystery of issue #35 intrigues me, though seeing that Muppet Babies stuff only reminds me how I felt back then that my own childhood was nearing its end. Still, I'm looking forward to reading the Linda Grant-penned stories and even giving Ditko's art--given my criticisms of his work in this thread--another chance.

I look forward to discussing these last Marvel Indy tales with everyone here.:hat:

harvey

If you have these issues, you might want to give them a quick read through before this week's IndyCast. Just sayin'. :hat:

2646dlz.jpg

harvey

Pre-production meeting for the next IndyCast segment is complete.

Topics include Byrne, Austin, lost art, a contest and e-mails! All on the next IndyCast segment of "The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones"! :whip:

harvey

Here's the issue Keith and I will be reviewing on the next IndyCast:

24l8ydx.jpg

The first of Indy's "Further Adventures"...! Poor Miss Greebley... :whip:

harvey

yodazone

harvey said:
Me too. Any more info on this from anyone? :confused:

Would be cool if Dark Horse could reprint that lost 35th issue. It's easier for them to reprint old material than produce new ones. Unless the original artwork is buried in a cabinet at the Marvel offices. :dead:

harvey

JuniorJones said:
Ditko out of context is difficult and was only doing loose breakdowns with the majority of embellishing by Danny Bulanadi. Additionally, John Romita redrew a majority of faces, so a lot of what Dikto is, is lost.

Junior - how did you get this info? I'm doing homework for when we get to the Ditko run on the Further Adventures IndyCast segment. Thanks in advance.