2009 Indiana Jones Lego

Crack that whip

Dewy9 said:
LEGO released a PR today for their early '09 sets and sure enough, Fight on the Flying Wing and Shanghai Chase are the two Indy sets mentioned. It's more than likely that there will be a bigger wave coming later that summer.

Sweet! :D Thanks for the heads-up. (y)

Do you have a link handy for that press release? I haven't found it yet - but I did just come across this extremely gratifying one from a couple weeks ago:

LEGO's PR folk said:
Good start for LEGO Indiana Jones
Net turnover for the first half of 2008 was DKK 3,555m compared with DKK 2,959m during the first half of 2007.

Classic product lines such as LEGO City and LEGO Star Wars continue to do better than expected. In addition, the new licensed line LEGO Indiana Jones has sold extremely well – especially on the North American market.

:D (y) :whip:

kevblee

I am looking forward to both of these sets...but I would love to see a FORD trimotor, and Mine Car chase set!

Dewy9

This is all to be considered RUMOR for now, but according to Jedi News, who was right about the Flying Wing and Shanghai Chase, these are the sets that will be coming out in the summer:

Graveyard (from KOTCS)
Venice Chase (from TLC)
Air Battle (from TLC)
The Temple of Doom (from TOD)

...and we have heard that there will be one more main line Indy release alongside these.

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=1646

Just guessing here, but the other release could be a TRU exclusive like Peril in Peril.

IMO, all these sound very legit. They were right before, so naturally I'm inclined to believe them on these. I was thinking we'd get the Venice speedboats and the Temple of Doom (likely the big $80-100 set), but didn't expect the other two. Very exciting sets that I think will really please fans. :D

Crack that whip

Oh, my - an actual, honest-to-goodness Temple of Doom set - not just a set from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but a set of the Temple of Doom?! :D Be still my heart!

:: envisions some LEGO designer working on the new Mola Ram funky hat element :: :D

That'll be a sweet roundup indeed, I think - we'll have four sets for Raiders of the Lost Ark, two for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, three for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and six for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (not counting the Brickmaster / SDCC exclusives), plus that unnamed mystery exclusive. It'll still be rather light on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but if we do indeed get that one set reported here, it and Shanghai Chase will go pretty far toward covering a lot of the essential elements of that movie, at least as far as the minifigs go, and most vehicles and locations can be built with bricks from one's own inventory (if one's into LEGO already), so that's cool. Not that I wouldn't love more, of course!

:: idly starts thinking about LEGO Trains, and doing a circus train to go rolling through 1912 Utah ::

I guess it'd be a bit much to hope for that exclusive being a(n) The (Adventures of) Young Indiana Jones (Chronicles) set - though heck, sooner or later I'll start doing some Young Indy creations anyway...

Dewy9

Crack that whip said:

:: idly starts thinking about LEGO Trains, and doing a circus train to go rolling through 1912 Utah ::

I guess it'd be a bit much to hope for that exclusive being a(n) The (Adventures of) Young Indiana Jones (Chronicles) set - though heck, sooner or later I'll start doing some Young Indy creations anyway...

Agreed. A motorized Young Indy train set would rock. A rhino car, snake car, lion car, and alligator car with Indy, Fedora, and a few henchmen would be incredible.

indy34

Tsuyu said:
Here it is ;)

12192942851_DISPLAY.jpg
HELL YEAH!(y)
This is what I've been waiting for:cool:

fixer79

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
Yeah it's not a real set.

I wouldn't be too sure about that...

Some early pictures we've seen from past sets that turned out to be different from the finished product clearly had the label 'preliminary' printed all over them...

Let's refresh our memory with this comparison collage I made for some earlier Indy LEGO thread...

7256comparison.jpg

These new 2009 we've seen clearly are pictures scanned out of the catalogue.
It's very very rare that there are differences between the finished product and the pictures used in the catalogues.
Expect to see the one pictured as the one you'll see in stores.

What that swastika is doing in that movie background shot beats the heck outta me though...

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
That german mech. is from the video game. What a let down.

What did you expect?

Crack that whip

More Brickmaster-exclusive Indy sets in our future?

So I just received the latest issue of the LEGO Club magazine today, and inside the back cover there's an ad for Brickmaster membership that notes the various bennies and whatnot, including "6 surprise new LEGO PRODUCTS! Including LEGO® Indiana Jones?, BIONICLE®, and LEGO Star Wars? exclusive sets!"

We already got the LEGO Indy's Jungle Cruiser set back in July, of course. The thing is, the ad also has a sort of sidebar counting down the club mailings one receives if one joins now, starting with the welcome kit (coupons, LEGOLand ticket, etc.) and Sep. / Oct. set (a Bionicle one) and magazine, followed by the ones for each two-month interval (showing the already revealed Star Wars sets for Nov. / Dec. and Jan. / Feb.), and blank sets for the months beyond that. If this promo page isn't talking about the previously released sets but still mentions Indy, I can't help but presume there's another Brickmaster Indy set in the works...

EddyW

A lego Temple of Doom. Now that would be cool! I hope they keep it compact, unlike the raiders temple which just takes up too much space. Maybe they'll design it on one of those raised baseplates with a hole in the middle (where the lavapit goes :D ).

kevblee

LEGO Indy is selling much better than its Hasbro counterparts.....and after the success of the video game....you can bet on some great sets in 2009. Most of the Indy LEGO sets don't sit for too long on the shelves...at least from what I've witnessed.;)

The Golden Idol

kevblee said:
LEGO Indy is selling much better than its Hasbro counterparts.....and after the success of the video game....you can bet on some great sets in 2009. Most of the Indy LEGO sets don't sit for too long on the shelves...at least from what I've witnessed.;)

How are the Hasbro Indy figures selling? I mean besides the pegwarmers?

Crack that whip

Vance said:
Well, if these sets ARE coming (and that's sadly still a BIG 'if'), then there's at least two more in that wave to think about. The only real downside is that we're going to go over a year without new IJ Lego sets... which means a lot of people who would have been interested will have moved on by then.

I don't know that a full year will have passed between the release of the KotCS wave and the first two of these new sets (and for me personally, it'd be just as well if it does anyway - I still need to pick up Peril in Peru, Jungle Cutter and Temple of the Crystal Skull, plus all the duplicates I want of everything...).

kevblee

I think the overall view from this board, and others ...is not that great. Maybe it was oversaturation of the market with too much product at once. (remembers Episode 1 product), or maybe $7.99 a figure, or both....and I have heard some people saying that core figures (such as Idol Indy) was in short supply...although that has not been my experience. Everyone knows Mutt was the stinker, too many....and really not much demand. But even wave 1 figures that were hard to find....(Ugha warrior and Irina Spalko) are now hanging everywhere I see. It seems that the longevity of the line is in limbo at this point.:(

Crack that whip

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I thought the only only rumors of a line being killed, were the Hasbro figures. The Lego line is doing very very well and almost always sold out in the Chicago area.

I do notice that my own stores here seem to go through cycles of having the sets (in various numbers) and not having them, and the total quantities of everything in the stores fluctuate a lot, but with all of them reappearing regularly; to me, it very much appears as though the stores are selling and restocking the sets pretty regularly, which makes me happy.

:)