Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Pale Horse

Staff member
Bob, of Bob n' Dick Sherman passed away.

That's a bit sad. Together, they were instrumental in Disney Magic, that will never again be realized.

Pale Horse

Staff member
And Ralph

I have his Jedi portfolio...pristine condition. Only geek item I have. Now, to sell it, or to have them all framed.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
Bob, of Bob n' Dick Sherman passed away.

That's a bit sad. Together, they were instrumental in Disney Magic, that will never again be realized.
The abundant amount of Sherman Brothers tunes for Disney are ingrained in my brain but...

...so are their songs for "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". Many memorable melodies in that film.(y) If anyone can listen to Dick Van Dyke sing the Sherman Brothers tune, "Hushabye Mountain", and not shed a tear, then they are not human! (Watch the movie and you'll see what I mean.) Here is just one example of their musical greatness:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-P2jiRPlq2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pale Horse said:
And Ralph

I have his Jedi portfolio...pristine condition. Only geek item I have. Now, to sell it, or to have them all framed.
Jeeze, Ralph McQuarrie, too?:( Although, this comes as no surprise. He was born in 1929, and I'm dealing with my dying dad who was born in the same year as McQuarrie.

Dr. Gonzo

Bert Sugar, a legend in the boxing community.

bert_sugar_620x350.jpg

Notorious for his fedora (much like Dr. Jones) and his cigars, everyday staples. A true class act.

Pale Horse

Staff member
WilliamBoyd8 said:
RIP, Thomas Kinkade, artist, the "Painter of Light",
and one of the most popular artists in America.

Didn't he pee on Winnie the Pooh at the Disneyland Hotel?

Goonie

Pale Horse said:
Dick Clark's ball officially reached the bottom, today.

RIP Dick.

I actually met Dick back in 1994. during a family trip to Universal Studios, Suzanne Sommers had a talk show taping in one of the sound stages. My family and I decided to go see the taping. That day Dick Clarke was a guest host with Suzanne and Chubby Checker was a music guest. Had a chance to chat with Dick during one of the commercial breaks - cool guy. He was actually the first celebrity I ever had a chance to talk with. He'll be missed.