Favorite Indy intro

Favorite Indy intro

• Raiders of the Lost Ark - Out of the Shadows

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • Temple of Doom - coming down the stairs and sitting with the chinese mob

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Last Crusade - Indy as a boy/ A wet beat up Indy grinning

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - A hijacked Indy coming from a truck.

Votes: 16 20.3%

• Total voters
Cagefighterkip said:
Diamonds are Forever if im not mistaken.

Goldfinger.

gf_04.jpg

weaponx24

ROTLA was the "classic" intro, TOD was definitely different yet good, LC was cool because you get to see Indy as a boy and learn alot about the origins of the scar, the fear of snakes, and the hat....but honestly KOTCS had a kick ass intro! I loved seeing him get drug out of the car and thrown down, then walk over reach down and pick up his hat, and then you see the silouette, and then the line, " Russians..." hahaha it was bad ass!

IndyKate

Raiders - it's what made me fall in love with Indy! I was very young, the movie was on TV and my Mom let me watch the intro before sending me off to bed (the last bit I saw was the student with "I Love You" painted on her eyelids).

:whip:

Mike00spy

It was Last Crusade for me, but it has been replaced by Skull.

Come on, we had 19 years of wait.... and that scene was just perfect in its execution.

ChilledMonkeyBrain

It's Crusade for me, especially with the music crescendoing as we finally see Ford.
It’s always been either Raiders or Crusade for me. Raiders perfectly introduces Indy to the audience with both an aura of mystique and exitement with Indy emerging from the shadows, while Crusade perfectly re-introduces Indy; it feels like saying hello to an old friend after a few years absence with the music crescendoing at Ford’s reveal (as you mentioned :D)… though I love both reveals, I’ll think Raiders’ reveal just about got Crusade beat for me :whip:

Yure

Raiders is just perfect. However, Crusade playing with the spectator first, misleading into believing we are seeing Indy instead if Fedora, plus the perfect hat shot in which adult Indy is revealed, makes me favour it. It's double the emotion for two meaningful and memorable reveals in one movie :)

emtiem

Sounds a bit silly I know, but I don't think I quite got that the Raiders one was a reveal until a few viewings. It's kind of low key in a way. Also it sets him up as a kind of badass; I prefer the Crusade one as it suits his character more- getting smacked in the face is more typically Indy to me than psychically knowing someone is about to shoot him (yes, I know he heard the click).

ChilledMonkeyBrain

Sounds a bit silly I know, but I don't think I quite got that the Raiders one was a reveal until a few viewings. It's kind of low key in a way. Also it sets him up as a kind of badass; I prefer the Crusade one as it suits his character more- getting smacked in the face is more typically Indy to me than psychically knowing someone is about to shoot him (yes, I know he heard the click).
Though I still prefer the Raiders’ reveal, I’ll see your point of view about why you prefer Crusade’s reveal from a character standpoint, it also suitable for that film considering we get to know alot more about Indy in the third installment :) and yeah… Indy getting smacked in the face is a very ‘’Indy-thing’’ to happen to him:hat:

whipandfedora

No Indy opening is going to beat Raiders. It started it all and hooked everyone in right from the start. Even as a mini movie that ended with the plane flying away, Indiana Jones was always going to be remembered.

T06J00

Raiders is perfect but I think Crusade and Skull come very close. What I quite like is how we don't hear the Raiders march properly in the prologue until Fedora puts the hat on young Indy.