Story Ideas for Indy V

Lego Indy

Uki said:
My idea was this:

Mutt, enrolled at Marshall, has feelings for a girl (bonus points if she's played by Natalie Portman, as a nod to the old rumors that she would play Indy's daughter in 4) who doesn't pay any attention to him. Her sights are set on Proffessor Jones, whose adventures she has followed since childhood. She is also the last member in a family linked to some mysterious treasure/relic/artifact/MacGuffin/what have you.

Calling on his experiences in KOTCS, Mutt takes it upon himself to hunt down the relic with her, believing he is just as good as "Dad," and that he can hold his own in the field.

Naturally, Indy is called into action to come to their aid.

My two cents, and obviously it's open for a lot of possibilities as far as the actual MacGuffin, but I think it could make for a fun ride.:)

Great idea! (y)

RedeemedChild

kongisking said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Mysteries

What if the scroll that we have is actually a carefully made fake, and Indy goes on a quest to locate the real one, hidden inside some ancient temple filled with traps and critters. And the Russians would be after it because, hey, who doesn't want to know the secret history of the universe? And since Indy is a seeker of knowledge, this is like the ULTIMATE artifact for him to go after.

I'm with you on this one kingisking. Brillant idea.

However the first Book of Mysteries might not actually have to be a fake but rather a test of sorts. Who ever deciphers the mysterious code within this first volume will in turn be given the directions to locate the second one. Kind of like in NT: Book of Secrets, one clue led to another clue and so on and so forth. Yes, you've got a great idea here kongisking.

kongisking said:
Either this, or Aladdin's lamp. It could be like a live-action sequel to the Disney movie. I've always thought that film was full of cool Indiana Jones-worthy stuff (a booby-trapped underground cave full of forbidden treasures, only locatable by reuniting the pieces of a golden scarab?

I, to was thinking Indiana Jones as Alladin and his loveable monkey pal struggled to escape the collasping cavern. The monkey picking up the jewel was a straight call out to Indiana Jones picking up and idol and setting off all those traps.

I'd be delighted to have Indiana Jones chasing Genies!

G-Man

Indiana Jones and the Twilight (or Fate or Destiny) of the Gods

Ok, it's still very much a work in progress but, I thought I'd pitch my idea for Indy V.

We open with a match dissolve to a coral peak, underwater.

1956 Gulf of Aqaba, Red Sea.

It is the time of the Suez crisis, Egyptian MiGs fly overhead.

The opening sequence sees a melancholic Indy still trying to find solace (4 years) after the deaths Henry & Marcus, by travelling the world, keeping busy.

He is searching for some artifact (Egyptian/Rameses II?) with the help of Sallah and his youngest son. The opening involves pirates, rivals, Egyptian navy, underwater action, Sharks(?).

Then Indy is in England, guest lecturing at the British museum. He is approached by the CIA who need his help. The Russians are searching for Asgard, Thor's Hammer and other mythical Norse artifacts.

He heads to Sweden, where the Kvinneby amulet was recently discovered, looking for Sigurd Nilsson an expert on Norse myth. He meets his daughter Anja and discovers her father has been kidnapped/disappeared/killed (not sure which) by the Russians and an archaeologist Valentin Virolainen (Finnish of Karelian descent) is working with them.

Indy and Anja travel to a tree felling region of Sweden, following the Russians, who are looking for a Norse temple in the mountain side. Indy finds the temple which is obviously booby trapped, with ancient norse traps. He and Anja escape with an artifact, only to have to battle the Russians through the tree felling area. I'm thinking falling trees, flying axes, drag saws, huge circular saw with Anja being dragged towards it, etc. Log rolling, Indy running across floating logs which crush anyone who falls between them.

Anja and the artifact are taken by the Russians back to their research centre. Indy stows away on the trip to Baikonur, home of the Russian Space Program (and for the purpose of this movie home to scientific and archaeological research). There is a huge 'animals in space' lab containing Scorpions, Hornets, Snakes, Spiders. This leads to a critter-fest battle with Indy chased by some of the beasties. Indy finds himself on the jet flame run off beneath a test rocket (or possibly a series of jet engine tests as in the Darabont script) and has to avoid being crispy fried.

The Russians have gathered much knowledge and head off for the 'final location'. Indy rescues Anja (possibly recycling of the biplane sequence from the Darabont script) and has to find out the remaining info, which is in Istanbul (research suggests the Vikings reached as far as Constantinople).

With the help of Sallah's youngest son, Indy and Anja search some catacombs? in Istanbul, but more Russians try to stop them. A street battle through Istanbul ensues, Indy goes horse back during this sequence. Indy discovers that Asgard is in Iceland, but the Ruskies are way ahead. Cue help from USAF based at Adana Airforce Base in Turkey, speeding to Iceland in Sabres, the red line of the map moving noticeably quicker...

Cue a chase across Iceland, battles on Aero-sleds (thanks Stoo, Moedred, Indy's Brother ;) ), etc. Leading to the finale at Asgard bringing death and destruction... and possibly a volcano (and requisite ash cloud ;) )

Le Saboteur

Lance Quazar said:
So don't expect them to come here looking for ideas. They can't!

You'd be surprised to know who actually does visit this forum.

Let's dust off one of my old ideas...

bhurkhankhaldun3.jpg

The Tomb of Genghis Khan (Činggis Qaγan) has never been found. After his death in 1227, his lieutenants took his body back to Mongolia, and according to legend, killed every person they saw on the way - more than 20,000 - so news of the death wouldn’t spread. Then, when they buried Genghis, they either redirected a river to cover the site, or set horses to trample the ground so no trace would be seen, or killed all the people who buried him, and then killed those killers.

After the burial, 500 nomadic Mongol families were charged with keeping the exact location a secret. Centered around the Khentii Province, the Dahlut's have kept to this vow today via the Khan Khentii Strictly Protected Area. Herding and tourism are tightly regulated, and all mining and hunting is prohibited.

Mongolia gained its independence after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, but the land was still claimed by the newly minted Republic of China. Following the October Revolution, Baron Roman Nickolai Maximilian von Ungern-Sternberg marched his troops into Mongolia and eventually defeated the Chinese at what is today Ulaanbaatur. Independence was re-declared in '21, and Mongolia & the Soviet Union became closely entwined up until the fall of the Soviet Union. The region, however, was heavily contested following the Sino-Soviet Split and as many as 50,000 Soviet troops were thought to be garrisoned there as late as the '80's.

In short, those of you who are desperate to have Indy pummel Communists, you get a two for-one-deal. There's also the third force in the Dahluts; a new bit of land/culture to explore; and we get away from Judeo-Christian MacGuffins.

Mongolians are known for their wrestling. So if you need to continue having a "giant" fight Indy, here you go.

naadam_wrestling_mongolia.jpg

img2F.jpg

3828933796_ffaa9c5b23.jpg

Since some people have difficulty seeing Indy in one geographic setting, the adventure could begin in Persia since the Mongol Empire essentially gave birth to the Persian Empire (see Tamerlane). Following clues back to China, Indy ends up in Shanghai where he's approached by Red Chinese agents (a son of Lao Che; Lao Che himself?), and coerced into searching for the Great Khan's tomb.

Once in Mongolia, there's plenty of time for duplicity featuring Russian soldiers/agents/whatever. I could go on, but that's the gist of it. I never did really search for a proper MacGuffin, but for the tomb of a man who conquered all of Asia and half of Europe, it could be any number of things.

Getting rid of Mutt & Marion is easily solved by setting it, say, two years before the events of Crystal Skull. Ostensibly working for the communist Chinese would also lend more weight to the FBI's skepticism of Indy being a "good American."

Structurally speaking this would open in media res in Persia, continue through to Shanghai and Greater China, before spending the final third in and around Khan's tomb in Mongolia.

camal.jpg

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Le Saboteur said:

It's not my intention to start a feud with this, but without mentioning names, would you care to qualify or quantify that? Otherwise it's well, you know...

Indy's brother

Here's a couple of ideas that just jumped in my head out of seemingly nowhere. Indy + Nazis=Fun. Current Indy is in the wrong era for nazis. So. How about a prequel that starts with an opening third act showing an Indy WWII adventure? Prosthetic makeup for the "younger" Indy with Ford doing the voice work, as was done in Space Cowboys and XMen? We get to see Indy battle Nazis for a few minutes, then the story spills back into a 50's prequel ala Last Crusade. Then we can see a story that shows Indy being used as an unwitting pawn in a cold war conspiracy, resulting in him shooting/killing a faction he thought was his enemy throughout his adventure--a fact which is also unknown to the audience. Once the truth is unveiled in the final act, Indy vows never to kill again (or something like that). As a prequel, that would explain his more peaceable attitude in KOTCS. Hell, throw a little Mac in there to give their bond a little more weight, and KOTCS begins to take on a bit of a different tone. These are all broad strokes, but you can see the potential. Sure SS doesn't want to do the cartoony portrayal of nazis again, but I think he could be swayed to do it for the short opening act if it helps drive the story.

AnnieJones

Stoo said:
I'm not one for "wish" threads but how 'bout:

1959, almost 2 years after giving birth to a daughter, Marion dies violenty at the hands of some of Abner's former enemies. Mutt is forced to stay at home and take care of his 2 year-old sister while Indy goes solo against the villains in a race for the "whatever" artifact. He gains a new partner/sidekick along the way but, during a confrontation, Indy receives a sabre blow to the right side of his face and loses his eye.

This way, Marion & Mutt are in but with small roles and it makes a good set-up for a connection with Old Indy.:p Marion's death would also provide fertile ground for some real drama.:dead:
I like most of this idea.I like how you connected the movies with the bookends from the show Stoo!(y)

kongisking

Le Saboteur said:

Let's dust off one of my old ideas...

bhurkhankhaldun3.jpg

The Tomb of Genghis Khan (Činggis Qaγan) has never been found. After his death in 1227, his lieutenants took his body back to Mongolia, and according to legend, killed every person they saw on the way - more than 20,000 - so news of the death wouldn?t spread. Then, when they buried Genghis, they either redirected a river to cover the site, or set horses to trample the ground so no trace would be seen, or killed all the people who buried him, and then killed those killers.

After the burial, 500 nomadic Mongol families were charged with keeping the exact location a secret. Centered around the Khentii Province, the Dahlut's have kept to this vow today via the Khan Khentii Strictly Protected Area. Herding and tourism are tightly regulated, and all mining and hunting is prohibited.

Mongolia gained its independence after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, but the land was still claimed by the newly minted Republic of China. Following the October Revolution, Baron Roman Nickolai Maximilian von Ungern-Sternberg marched his troops into Mongolia and eventually defeated the Chinese at what is today Ulaanbaatur. Independence was re-declared in '21, and Mongolia & the Soviet Union became closely entwined up until the fall of the Soviet Union. The region, however, was heavily contested following the Sino-Soviet Split and as many as 50,000 Soviet troops were thought to be garrisoned there as late as the '80's.

In short, those of you who are desperate to have Indy pummel Communists, you get a two for-one-deal. There's also the third force in the Dahluts; a new bit of land/culture to explore; and we get away from Judeo-Christian MacGuffins.

Mongolians are known for their wrestling. So if you need to continue having a "giant" fight Indy, here you go.

naadam_wrestling_mongolia.jpg

img2F.jpg

3828933796_ffaa9c5b23.jpg

Since some people have difficulty seeing Indy in one geographic setting, the adventure could begin in Persia since the Mongol Empire essentially gave birth to the Persian Empire (see Tamerlane). Following clues back to China, Indy ends up in Shanghai where he's approached by Red Chinese agents (a son of Lao Che; Lao Che himself?), and coerced into searching for the Great Khan's tomb.

Once in Mongolia, there's plenty of time for duplicity featuring Russian soldiers/agents/whatever. I could go on, but that's the gist of it. I never did really search for a proper MacGuffin, but for the tomb of a man who conquered all of Asia and half of Europe, it could be any number of things.

Getting rid of Mutt & Marion is easily solved by setting it, say, two years before the events of Crystal Skull. Ostensibly working for the communist Chinese would also lend more weight to the FBI's skepticism of Indy being a "good American."

Structurally speaking this would open in media res in Persia, continue through to Shanghai and Greater China, before spending the final third in and around Khan's tomb in Mongolia.

camal.jpg

Awesome idea! I totally love it! This would be great!

bergstrom

Mutt dies or leave to travel in between Indy 4 and 5, he'sreferred to in one sentence ONLY and we move on with a proper INDIANA focused film, with NO annoying sidekicks.

kongisking

What follows is my mad idea for Indy 5, if I were to come up with the treatment. Co-story credit goes to Montana Smith, who came up with the idea of Neo-Nazis, in addition to my original plot. Many thanks, fellow raider!

Indiana Jones and the Cradle of Wonders

By Kong Is King

The teaser would be a prequel scene of Indy and Mac infiltrating a Nazi base in 1945, with digitally de-aged Harrison Ford and Ray Winstone. They both discover a map to the legendary Cradle of Wonders, an archway that acts as a doorway to a paradise world where a sacred flower can be used to create an elixir of eternal youth. Indy and Mac fail to steal the map, but manage to escape with their lives. Then we would cut to three years after Indy married Marion Ravenwood-Williams. He now lives in quiet retirement in his birth town of Princeton with his wife. However, Indy misses the thrill of adventure, and longs to go off on another great quest, while Marion insists that he is getting too old for globetrotting treasure hunts. Meanwhile, their son Mutt Jones is in England, attending a university for archaeology. Mutt is unhappy with this, as he wants to pursue a career as a motorcycle mechanic. Thus, he often skips class to hang out with a sleazy bike repairman.

One day, an old man who claims to be on the run from Russian agents visits Indy. The man, named Dr. Brian Abernathy, is a famous archaeologist and old friend of Indy?s. He shows Indy that after years of searching, he has recovered the map to the Cradle of Wonders, which shows the Cradle as being in the Antarctic Ocean. Just then, Russian agents attack the house, and Indy and Marion both fight off the men. Their house is burned down in the process, as well as Abernathy being killed.

Indy and Marion escape with the map, and Indy decides to find the Cradle of Wonders, with Marion coming along. Before they set out, Indy sends Mutt a letter, telling him where they are headed. He then contacts Jock Lindsey, and hires him to fly them to the Cradle. But en route, the plane is attacked by another plane, flown by Russians, and the plane crash-lands in the ocean near an island. Indy, Marion and Jock swim to shore, and head inland. They eventually are captured by men dressed in Nazi uniforms, and are brought to an amazing town. The Nazis reveal that they were sent on the mission to find the Cradle of Wonders, using a copy of the map. But while they were en route to the archway, they received word of Germany?s surrender, and thus decided to live on this island, hidden from the world, in order to escape punishment.

Meanwhile, in England, Mutt learns about the burning down of his parents? house, but eventually gets Indy?s letter. Just then, Russian spies abduct him, but not before Mutt burns the letter. They bring him to a frigid military base, where Mutt meets the terrifying Colonel Makovsky. He reveals that his men are the ones trying to track down the Cradle of Wonders, and he was the husband of Irina Spalko.

Makovsky wants vengeance on Indiana Jones, and so in addition to his orders to find the Cradle of Wonders and claim the flower?s powers for Russia, he is going to kill Indy, as he thinks Jones is responsible for Irina?s death. Mutt tries to explain what really happened, but Makovsky refuses to listen. He tortures Mutt, trying to get him to reveal where Indy is heading, but Mutt bravely refuses to tell. Frustrated, Makovsky has his beautiful daughter Irina, named in honor of her mother and who has inherited psychic abilities take Mutt into a dungeon. However, Irina claims that she despises her father, and wants to stop him from finding the Cradle and claiming the flower just to spite him. She therefore helps Mutt break out, and they steal a plane. Mutt instructs Irina to fly to the Arctic.

kongisking

Meanwhile, on Nazi Island, Indy and Marion are, to Indy?s surprise, the guests of honor. They meet the head of the community, a beautiful woman named Blanca Frensiska. She tells them that they hold Indiana Jones in high esteem, for having been a worthy enemy during the war. She agrees to give them a ship to travel to Antarctica, but asks that she come with them. Thus, Blanca, Indy, Marion, and Jock set sail through chilling waters, and Blanca is revealed to have developed a crush on Indy, which infuriates Marion. Jock, meanwhile, serves as comic relief. They eventually reach the archway, and travel through it, arriving in a dense jungle. The foursome travel down a river, and soon reach a large city inhabited by all young people.

Meanwhile, Mutt and Irina are flying towards the Arctic, and fly through the archway. They enter the world, and arrive at the city, where Indy and Marion are amazed to see Mutt, and are highly suspicious of Irina. The group is brought to the temple, where the garden containing the flowers is kept. The people try to convince Indy and the others to take the elixir, as they are obsessed with eternal youth, but Indy is nervous about doing so. That night, Irina meets Mutt in his chambers, and she tells him to come with her. They both sneak into the temple, and pluck some flowers.

Irina tells Mutt that they can escape in the plane, and live together in hiding, taking the elixir when they have gotten old. Mutt decides to go along with it, and thus him and Irina sneak into the plane and fly off. But they don?t notice that Indy has stowed away on board, and Indy confronts Irina, correctly accusing her of still working for her father, having lied about wanting to stop him, and she was going to bring the flower to him after killing Mutt. Irina admits it, and she fights with Indy using martial arts, as Mutt tries to fly the plane, in a humorous mirror of the previous plane fight.

Mutt manages to land the plane, and Indy knocks out Irina. They fly back to the city, and the young people lock up Irina. Mutt is heartbroken by Irina?s deception, and Indy comforts his son by telling him about his own experience with Elsa Shneider. Just then, the Youthfuls, as we?ll call them, decide to have Irina sacrificed to their god. But during the ceremony, Indy convinces the Youthfuls to spare her, and they agree. Indy meets with Irina, and she tells him that she owes him her life. They have an emotional moment, in which Indy reveals what really happened to her mother.

That night, Blanca enters the temple, now with guards stationed, and she kills them. She steals some flowers, and rushes out of the temple towards the plane. However, Marion, who was up early that morning, sees her, and they get into a brutal fistfight. Indy and Mutt arrive, and Indy is forced to shoot Blanca to save Marion?s life. As Blanca lies dying, she reveals that her plan was to steal the flowers so that she could make the elixir to keep her people immortal. She then passes away, with Marion spitting on her body. The next morning, our heroes decide to return to their world, deciding to leave the Youthfuls alone, as immortality should be kept secret from the rest of mankind. Indy, Marion, Mutt, Jock and a tied-up Irina board the ship, and drive out of the archway.

But the moment they go through, they see a Russian warship waiting for them. They are captured, and Makovsky reveals himself to Indy, brutally torturing him. Irina is untied, but she finds herself now doubting her allegiance to her father, and is bound by her sense of honor to help Indy and his friends. Thus, she decides to aid them in escaping. She takes grenades, and blows up the ship?s engines. In the distraction, she helps our heroes break free, and as they are boarding their ship, Makovsky engages Indy in combat. They fight, and in the battle Indy loses an eye. He manages to defeat Makovsky by kicking him into the water, where sharks devour him.

Irina is about to get onto the ship too, when a Russian soldier shoots her in the gut. As Indy steers the ship away from the sinking Russian vessel, Mutt holds the dying Irina, and forgives her as she passes away. Indy and Marion comfort Mutt, who is devastated. A few months later, Indy is back at Marshall College, and he is teaching his class when Mutt walks in the door, and sits down, thus revealing that he is now a student at Marshall. Indy smiles, and continues his lecture.

THE END

Urmel

I don't know if it was posted already but why not use the story of the adventure game "Fate of Atlantis"? And please no more alien crap!

-Urmel

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Urmel said:
I don't know if it was posted already but why not use the story of the adventure game "Fate of Atlantis"?

While I get the appeal of that idea, it would essentially cancel out the game, replacing its Atlantis story with the film's Atlantis story, which would of necessity take place sometime later than '39, as the game did.

Indy's brother

Here is my Indy 5 prediction. Bermuda triangle-->enabling time travel-->enabling Indy to commune with Sr. in some way. As for the artifact, The Fountain of Youth would be great, but I don't see it happening, so I don't have any idea what they've agreed on there. I do think there is some truth to the bermuda rumor for some reason. It just feels like something they would do.

Darth Vile

Indy's brother said:
Here is my Indy 5 prediction. Bermuda triangle-->enabling time travel-->enabling Indy to commune with Sr. in some way. As for the artifact, The Fountain of Youth would be great, but I don't see it happening, so I don't have any idea what they've agreed on there. I do think there is some truth to the bermuda rumor for some reason. It just feels like something they would do.

Yeah I agree - Seems to me that Indy and Bermuda Triangle is a natural fit. Some form of time travel element would also link into the "crazy idea" rumblings... however, that would be the end of any notion that the movie would be more grounded than KOTCS.

I have a great idea for Indy 5. It could be that all of the characters come back through these portals, and Indy must fight the ones who are evil. In this movie, he is looking for the remains of WWII victims.

The Drifter

Indy must find the remote control! He'll traverse across the dreaded desert that is Hardwood Floor Hell, find a way around Mount End-table and search in the forbidden Sofa Cracks of Chaos.
In his adventure he will meet friends and enemies along the way, such as Pooches the poodle, and Fluffs the cat. The latter he must fight to the death over a remaining crust of pork rind!