Extra Extra Read all about it.

Any one have any views on the latest trends of media controled trials and for that matter media controled every thing.

All I every hear about on the news is The latest Scott killed lacy story or before that it was OJ and now its beginning with the hacking murder.

Who can over look Martha Stewart and her mis hap as well.

I grew up thinking that the news was an accurate representation of factual things going on in the world.

Now I think things going on in the world is just evidence of what the media has decided to cover and if you want to know any real news it will be covered some many years later on Discovery channel.

What do you guys think ?????????????

Is the problems abroad same as in USA concerning news coverage or media coverage of events.

Are people tried and convicted on national TV ?

Does any one know of a case that the media has tried where the person has been innocent?

Why is the people like enron not tried yet a personal error of judgement in a split second decision and slip of conscience by martha dominate tv???

Rick5150

Now I think things going on in the world is just evidence of what the media has decided to cover and if you want to know any real news it will be covered some many years later on Discovery channel.

What do you guys think ?????????????

My opinion is that the "news" (and it used to be that that word was an acronym for north, east, west, south) is bred by journalists to be bad. Every now and then you hear of a puppy rescued after falling into a pipe or some goofy story but most of it is rape, murder, suicide and bombings. Bad news sells because it makes the average person feel better about their life. Bad news provokes a reaction. Bad news makes you emotional. I cried when Jessica McLure was rescued from the well. Okay, that was good news, but only coming as a climax to the bad news that preceded it for days.

It is usually the negative emotions that get the attention. Who is cooler? The geeky kid with pimples, glasses and a pocket protector who gets all straight A's or the rebel that cuts class, smokes pot and rebels against authority. Nobody wants to be the geek. Once you get older, the scales tip a bit. Ladies, what is the number one trait you look for in a man? Sense of humor. Where was that when I was growing up funny but ugly?

kellpatton

well here in america our news sucks all stations except for one are liberal owned so Bush can do 1 million good things and one bad thing so they all take that one event and milk it for all its worth.I know ive got a brother in Iraq and he's the only news i belive because he's actually there.There are a couple cable news shows like Hannity and Comes and BBC world news that tell the truth about whats happening in the world and those are the only ones your gonna catch me watching.

Have to agree with you kell patton. Bush gets bashed way too much and has done one hell of a fine job in general. Hanity is a fine show Combs makes me sick and Hannity is just a bit too pro Bush to be objective. If he would be a bit more balanced it would be good.

monkey

I love most of FOX news.

But listen (watch) any "interview" that the "rabid Bush dog" Hannity does with any guest that has a viewpoint different from his.

HE WILL NOT LET THEM SPEAK! Literally, the guy will not let them speak. I mean get a computer program to count the words or the seconds of speach, it will be nearly 95% HANNITY!!

The man is a totally unproffessional, rabid, foaming at the mouth Bush attack dog.

I turn the sound down when his part is on, and turn it back up when Alan Colmes gets his chance (that's the only time you're going to actually hear the 'guest' speak).

I

Indy's_main_man

Fox is fair and balanced...well discounting the far left and right like hannity and combs

Bill Oreilly tries to do what's right...that's a good program.

I love the liberal media bias in this country....How the new york times has done over 30 front page stories about the abused prisoners and accuse the higher ups of foul play but when it was broke that it wasn't the higher ups they ury the story way in the back

O'riley is about like rush in that you have to love to hate him or hate to love him. Fox is not very balanced and is positivly mostly Republican biased and then Msnbc is all for democrats.

monkey

Exactly GH. FOX is so blatantly pro Bush, pro Republican that it is almost unprofessional.

But I like to watch Fox because they seem to have the best coverage of international news. And they DO, grudgingly, most of the time live up to their 'fair and balanced' when it comes to coverage of the Election news. I disregard the 'foaming at the mouth' people like Hanity, Neil Cavuto, that lady who has the mid day news show, and such.

Personally I am intelligent enough to see through FOX's propaganda, and so, though I deplore their pro Bush political slant, I still watch FOX for about 90% of my news.

I will be very intrigued to see what Shawn has to say after Kerry wins in November.

Monkey I am right with you except one thing, Kerrry is not going to win , place nor show. I am not rebub or demo but just telling you that fool will destroy us if he wins.

I

Indy's_main_man

Fox seems more right leaning because it's the only network that shows a view from the right.

But it also shows points from the left. with left commentators along side right ones

as for Kerry: he screwed himself by basing his campaign on him being a war hero.

monkey

I will be interested to discuss this issue again after November 4th.

I am however curious GH as to why you think that Kerry will "destroy us"?

In what way?

kellpatton

monkey said:
I love most of FOX news.

HE WILL NOT LET THEM SPEAK! Literally, the guy will not let them speak. I mean get a computer program to count the words or the seconds of speach, it will be nearly 95% HANNITY!!

Well so its Hannity's show he could talk and not interview anyone but he does.But when he is interupting people its because he knows the truth its the people hes interupting that are usually wrong because hannity researches the truth AND IS NOT corrupted by the liberals that own every other news station

Now to your other topic bout how Kerry will make the U.S.A worst.
John Kerry has voted against funding for our troops so if he became president our milatary would be underfunded and poor. he also voted against patriot missles.PATRIOT MISSLES that would protect the U.S.A. from nuclear missle attacks, now we dont want another september 11th do we?

Plus i think the Troops in Iraq should decide what they do like stay in or pull out because their the ones doing the work.

My Brother is an Army Ranger in Iraq and whenever he writes he always tells how all the other troops he meets are glad to be there and whenever they pull into iraqi cities its almost always like a parade because the citizens are overwhelmed with happyness that they are liberated and can now go on with life without worry of being beaten, raped or tortured to death.

now dont you think going into iraq was worth it?think about it

monkey

Kellpatton, my daughter was a US Marine in Iraq during the war. She was with an air support squadron that followed 3rd Marines all the way to Bagdad.

So I know where you're coming from as far as the emotional involvement with Bush's Iraq war is concerned.

But I think your view of the Bush propagandist Hanity is simplistic, and you are under-informed.

Please don't let the propagandists form your opinions for you.

Steve

This is a little off topic, but, I have been pissed off and confused since Gore got beat. Not, that I voted for Gore. Gore received the most votes. He lost. So, ask yourself honestly. Does your vote really count in the presidential election? The man that receives the most votes, can lose, and did lose. Somehow, this whole thing stinks and defies logic. Throw the electoral college crap in the can. Our vote needs to count, and be the deciding factor in any election. Otherwise, it is pointless. Steve

Could not agree with you more Steve, the problem is at the core of the system to begin with . Our votes do not necessisarily countand in a few elections over time since the electorial colleges the winning man lost. I eould have suppoter gore till I heard him speak once and then I knew he was a bonafide idiot. I was worried that that nutt was actually going to beat Kerry in the primaries and get to be point man for a while then I realized american had not went to hell in a hand basket already. Now I see Kerry is just a slicker version of that nutt and anoter clinton all over and sure he may make life cushy for some for a few more years and it will be harder with Bush for many years but if Bush prevails we have some long term hope. If Kerry susceeds, I will fair sumptiouly for a few years but I can tke the hard ship tosee the future have a chance.

Monkey you are a smart amn . Open your eyes. Youare just a well written version of Kellpatton here. One good or more better a few well planned strikes on a few financial institutions and some oter select targets and this country of wusses and crybabies is going into mass kaos.

Finn

Staff member
Just as a side note, it's odd that in Europe, nearly every damn academic or other person who knows anything about politics and such think that it would be better if Kerry wins... not to mention the people. (But let's leave people out and listen to those who should seemingly know. But still the result is same. Odd.)

Okay, now that this mention is over, I just want to tell you that I like the way this conversation's been up this far, but keep it this way and don't spread too aggressive comments. You what the Gil-man thinks about discussions like this.

Well in all fairness to all and myself, I have to add all I said is just uneducated opinion. Kerry may well be the best and some times I think the President has so little power its is not all that important. That said, I am American and I think its a shame we have borders that seperate us but I was raised this way and adapted to it. Since I do not know a better way and since I like the idea that I own a small piece of the world and I only really care about it and only protect it, in a llarger sense I care about the part called America and I do not think Kerry will protect it. What I really hope is that there is a God above that will make all thins turn out as they shoud be but I know that too is a lie.

In the end we are a strong nation and we have resolve but all nations fail and all nations through history have fallen. We will be no diffeent in history to come. In the end whom says we are so great we cannot or should not take a fall. Bible says Pride commeth before a great fall. America has just gotten too damned proud and need some humbling. I for one would suffer a depression to see prices come back down so ordinary people could have a decent life and a few luxuries and things get equaled a bit more. I know Democrats believe in a more equalized society but thier idea of entitle programs and such is not the answer and Republicans believe in big business creting all the triclkle down work and I am not sure its right and in fact and almost sure its not but then it seems to work some how and I hate it. I wish to god there was a conserative Democrat or more Libermans. We need change but we need Bush righ now and we need some more war we need Iran dealt with and worse off we are going to over look Korea when we are dealing with Iran. Itss all to complex a mess and all too many reedy peole tht have too much poer that is all making a mess of it all. I am just sad I could not do it any better. I wish I was smarter man.

Finn

Staff member
Gladhatter, there is something that really ticked me in your latest one... it's the point where you said you "need more war".

Can one really say this after all what history has taught to us? No. And no, you don't need more war. What you need to do now is to take the most out of Iraq by making it a public warning. It is true that the Iranian government doesn't like the US very much. But I also think that they're not stupid enough any more to support the parties practicing terrorism. Openly or in a secluded manner. Afghanistan (and yes, even Iraq a bit) was a good example of that how the intelligence can follow the leads to even most powerful puppetmasters.

You don't need war any more, but simply strong words and threats about war that will keep these fellows at bay now. Iran is not led by a stupid man or a raving lunatic, just someone with a deep hatred towards the US... but also a will strong enough to keep his position there where he dwells not to start tangling the line to endanger it. If Bush gets elected and he realizes that just taking his finger to the button, not actually pushing it, is enough... there might be a chance I'm starting to like the man.

PRK... now that's another case. After all there's been done, we can say this country's leader may not have all his eggs in one sole basket. It's true that they may be few steps away from a nuke. But can Kim really use it? The answer is no. And why? For two reasons. First one is the most simple, natural balance of fear. You can't target US and especially launch a nuclear weapon against it without knowing that in response, the place where you live will be in return bombed back to the Stone Age.

The second reason is even better, both in generally speaking and for the intresses of US... and it's called China. It may sound odd, since China and US are not exactly ideological allies, but this is how it is. If the bombs start dropping on the Korean peninsula... can the Big Red Dragon just watch by? Nope, because it's too close and the harm it would cause to their own lands as well is too great. The system in North Korea will fall on the day it goes too far, and most likely it's the day when the Koreans are just about to finish their nuclear device, if they have one. Because that's the day the Chinese are certainly going to take over and I'm sure the world will just watch by. (Of course, one might wonder if they're going to march even more south at the same trip, but well... that would make Uncle Sam very, very PO, wouldn't it? Not wise.)

So, no more war is needed. Iran can be kept at bay with nothing but threats... and sooner or later, the Dragon is going to swallow the little Firefly with too big thoughts about itself.