Max McCoy Indy books

QueZTone

It's ironic, i've read most of the novels, including all the Hohlbein novels and yet I remember so little of them now. I remember some specific scenes and situations but I can't really place them really well.

Of course it has been about six years since I read the last one but I do remember that I loved every one of them. Even Sky Pirates that a lot of people found really boring.

Now Hohlbein...what I do remember is that there are quite a few exciting and tense scenes in his novels. I loved El Dorado, but maybe that's because the myth itself is just so darn cool :)

The books mentioned in the opening post are definitly ones I recall as being one of the best!

It's time I started re-reading them I guess :)

ElodieJones

I have read those books too.
And I really love those stories. They are great !
It is exactly the spirit of Indiana Jones. :whip:

I love too the Rob MacGregor novels, those are in french ;)

But I don't really like those of Martin Caidin. Too much techincal things, too difficult to read for me.

Johan

I've read all 12 Bantam Indy Novels...a few times actually. Anyway...I highly reccomend them except I would skip over the Caiden books if your not a HUGE fan of airlplanes

Andy Jones

What we really need is someone to translate the German Indy books into English, only then can the Indy Novel Library be completed.

Exactly! I would love to get these books in English.

I've read all of the 12 books that are available in English and really like them all. The Max Mcoy books are far and a way the best of the bunch though.

Hopefully when they get around to doing the 4th Indy film they will ask him to do the novel for the film and also to do another original story. Here's hoping!

dapthx

Just curious...but why hasn't any effort been done to have Wolfgang's novels translated to English?Wonder if there are plans?Damn I wish I could speak German...LOL

Jay R. Zay

well i guess hohlbeins books are the least reason to learn german :) i haven't read any of his indy books but the rest always is more or less the same bull****, a weak stephen king version. as far as i know, his indy books aren't so good either.

Jay R. Zay

yupp, for spoken german 100% right. :cool:

for written german, "ich spreche > kein < deutsch" would probably be the more accepted expression. :whip: unfortunately, i don't speak a single word of spanish. i've decided to do latin but this didn't work so well, too :D do you have german as a school subject?

nah i go to law school in the morning, and german classes some days in the evening, and i have an exam the 10th and im gonna fail :( , i hate to study the german genders, it doesnt follow any rules :(

lol kidding i just have to study ;)

Jay R. Zay

if it helps you, even most of the german people speak a wrong german, so probably you won't even be recognized as a foreigner when you come here ;) in a way, the german language has still many problems but the new spelling reform got many things fixed in this respect. :)

ElodieJones

I have study german at school during 6 years.
Because in switzerland german is the second language.
But I must agree that it is a very difficult language.
And, of course, I hate it.

dapthx

After I had seen these Novels out there floating around by Wolfgang,I am kind of depressed now..because I mean it's Indy..and they belong in my collection...but I would like to have English versions as well.I doubt that I
will ever learn German..because my wife is Malaysian and Malay is the only other language I have tried to learn.(sigh)

DC

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Hohlbein's Indy novels are also available in Dutch.
That's how I got to read them. :p

But then again, they say that Dutch is even more difficult to learn than German.