Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Nurhachi1991

Yeah this just looks horrible. I mean if your a parent take your kids they will most likely have a good time but this movie looks worse than the vine swinging in KOTCS.

MolaRam2

sandiegojones said:
Oh, well that hasn't been determined yet because they haven't filmed them.

I just read a recent article and GL said they wrote 100 scripts and start filming next year. I think it may be Sci-Fi channel, but there's rumors of Showtime picking it up too as it may be a violent show compared to the movies.

I highly doubt that a violent show would come from this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aq0dpaL7qc

This clip makes Episode I look like The Empire Strikes Back in terms of quality.

No Ticket

MolaRam2 said:
I highly doubt that a violent show would come from this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aq0dpaL7qc

This clip makes Episode I look like The Empire Strikes Back in terms of quality.

Wow. That looked a lot worse in that commercial that in anything else I've seen about it. A baby Hutt burping? ... plus, why is she trying to prove she's not too young to be a padawan? Anakin was like 8 years old in TPM and he was considered too old by Yoda to begin his training. She has alien boobs and is almost his height. She's gotta be in her teens at least.

What?

Finn

Staff member
After one CGI character everybody and their distant uncle used to hate in the prequels, you'd think they figure turning everyone else into CGI too was not going to spark very positive response.

Live and learn, Uncle George. Live and learn.

TheMutt92

No Ticket said:
... plus, why is she trying to prove she's not too young to be a padawan? Anakin was like 8 years old in TPM and he was considered too old by Yoda to begin his training. She has alien boobs and is almost his height. She's gotta be in her teens at least.

What?

In SW lore, Anakin was too old to begin initial Jedi training (like the younglings in AOTC), Ahsoka is probably too young to be a Padawan under a specific master. Just a thought.

QBComics

Ahsoka: 'My Jedi training didn't prepare me for this'
Baby Jaba: *BURP*
Ahsoka: 'Okay...'

I am sick and tired of hearing these lines. It seems like Seasame Street, almost. I really want this movie to be good but it does look a bit kid like. :dead:

Peacock's-Eye

Ah, the *****ing has already begun.
Why bother seeing it, guys?
Obviously you don't have to in order to ***** & whine.
But you will go, even though it doesn't interest you, and you will continue to ***** about it.
...weird...

CasualJeff

DarthMickey said:
as stated before you need a Education.Do your own Homework on films. Lucas as stated hasan't had anybody to tell him No in 25 years.It shows. The films he has made since are pathetic.It doesen't matter if I have made a film or not or Kurtz for that matter. Jar Jar is a pathetic Lucas creation.He was forced down your throat by Lucas. Nobody on the planet liked him but GL and a few ******! He still threw him in your face for 2 more films. As he stated himself. I make these films for my self and don't care if people don't like them.Guess what many don't.He made some great films. That was a Looooong Time ago! You can also see his magic touch on Indy in skull. :dead:

Ok...are you actually going to refute any points, or are you just going to flame me?

It DOES matter if Kurtz has made a good film or not. His current career is based around hitting conventions and doing interviews where he talks about how HE was responsible for making ANH/ESB so much better than the following Lucas movies. If his whole angle is that his he made the movies better by standing up to Lucas, then it is completely fair to ask the following two questions.

1. If Kurtz helped the movies creatively, then why has he not been able to recapture a similar level of success elsewhere? (Frankly, I think Lucas's movies without Kurtz are a lot better than Kurtz's movies without Lucas.)

2. What specifically did Kurtz do to help ANH/ESB, creatively? All of the stories I hear seem to be production/special effects type issues. George wanted to cut costs, Kurtz wanted to spend more to make it look better.

You keep telling me to "get an education". So educate me. Can you tell me just one specific instance where Lucas had a JarJar-like idea for ANH/ESB, but Kurtz said "no, this is too childish--let's do something else instead"?

I'm not claiming to be an expert on the subject. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. But in all of the Kurtz interviews I've read, he conveniently never comes up with any such examples.

For the record, I remember reading that at least one of the big ILM guys told Lucas, flat out, that Jar Jar was a terrible character and asked him to reconsider. Lucas basically said that he was making the movie for his kids and that Jar Jar was the kind of character that kids would like and that adults could just ignore it.

...in my opinion, he was wrong. Most kids I know don't like Jar Jar. (They may not hate him like us internet nerds, but they certainly don't love him either.) And I think he significantly hurts the movie for us adults. But the point is, people DID stand up to him and tell him no. But he's a billionaire and is too stubborn to listen. So it's not like he's just surrounding himself with yes-men. He just wants to make HIS movie instead of someone else's, and so we get his crazy/goofy/retarded ideas rather than having the movies be focus-grouped.

On another note, I find myself agreeing with Sandiego Jones. If you can ignore how pathetically lame Jar Jar is, TPM is actually a really good movie. I like it a lot more than Attack of the Clones. I just wish Lucas had tightened it up a little, and done more "showing" instead of "telling".

Benraianajones

In relation to Phamtom Menace and the prequels - I don't like them. But I feel it is true, remove Jar Jar and PM is closer in some way to the feel of the originals - probably due to the Tatooine segment, and the fact there is a good actor in it - Liam. Attack of the clones and Revenge just seem totally rushed though. Scenes seem to last 2 seconds and the story keeps cutting from one part of the galaxy to a total other part and it gets boring and confusing.

I should have known when I saw Sy Snootles as a CGI individual singer that exclaimed "Oh -oh!" in a black female soul singer's voice what the prequels would be like.

CGI frenzy. I have no issue with it when used neatly, even Sy is forgiveable really, but the new ones, have you see the making footage of them. Matts to land on, with an entire wall of blue screen around it. It seems lazy and uninspired.

Now, we have Attack of the clones CGI. I am afraid I am not interested. The prequels may have just been made as CGI animations like this to be honest, they were half way there.

We saw hardly anything of the clone wars really in the movies, they seemed rushed, so we have to suffer with cartoon animations and now a CGI animation movie again harping on about clone wars we should have seen in better detail in the movies anyway.

As for live-action Star Wars series, I'd rather not. In fact whislt we are at it, perhaps all copies of the original movies should be incinerated on a fire, because it ian't fair the originals have to put up with all of this shadowing it.

sandiegojones

I think GL is trying to make something for everyone. With the PT he tried to mix action for the adults and poop humor for the kids which is ultimately was the failure. Some people were turned off by the CGI too but were they really going to use models and matte paintings? Now I think he's separating it all so that he can have an animated story to appeal mostly to kids and then have a game like The Force Unleashed which is SW cannon appeal to the late teens to late 20's crowd. The 30 something crowd that makes up most of the TV viewership and will maybe watch the live action show.

Look, before the PT most hard core SW fans were fat guys living in basements playing with action figures. GL didn't want to just appeal to them so he thought he was going in a popular direction. He made some mistakes as we all do but he doesn't deserve to be crucified. He never expected SW to be the hit it was but he has been making money for years and we have been glad to give it to him.

Gobi-1

sandiegojones said:
I think GL is trying to make something for everyone. With the PT he tried to mix action for the adults and poop humor for the kids which is ultimately was the failure. Some people were turned off by the CGI too but were they really going to use models and matte paintings? Now I think he's separating it all so that he can have an animated story to appeal mostly to kids and then have a game like The Force Unleashed which is SW cannon appeal to the late teens to late 20's crowd. The 30 something crowd that makes up most of the TV viewership and will maybe watch the live action show.

Look, before the PT most hard core SW fans were fat guys living in basements playing with action figures. GL didn't want to just appeal to them so he thought he was going in a popular direction. He made some mistakes as we all do but he doesn't deserve to be crucified. He never expected SW to be the hit it was but he has been making money for years and we have been glad to give it to him.

Even though I disagree about the prequels being a failure this is one of the more intelligent observations I've read online.

Clone Wars = Kids
Force Unleashed = Teens/Young Adults
Live Action Series = Grown Ups

Makes a lot of sense. You can break down the prequels the same way.

Jar Jar, Aliens, Robots = Kids
Lightsaber Duels, Battles = Teens/Young Adults
Political Intrigue, Tragedy = Grown Ups

DarthMickey

there's plenty to dislike in EP1

Battle Droids-Just plain Stupid

Baby Anakin-Just plain Stupid

Pod Racers-Just plain stupid

The worst dialog ever on film.

Gungans-Just plain stupid-

Jedi Council-just pathetic!

I could go on for months. The point is that everyone wanted Darth Vader in his suit hunting down Jedi's and taking care of Biz. Of course the one thing that everybody wanted Lucas wasan't going to give you in almost 7 hours of prequels Crap.He gave you his object lesson instead. No thanks George. You've lost it.We don't need or want your lessons.You had it your way and waisted it.The Tv Show will be the same garbage.The Clone Wars Cartoon-Who cares! :gun: :eek: :gun: :dead:

sandiegojones

Gobi-1 said:
Even though I disagree about the prequels being a failure this is one of the more intelligent observations I've read online.

Clone Wars = Kids
Force Unleashed = Teens/Young Adults
Live Action Series = Grown Ups

Makes a lot of sense. You can break down the prequels the same way.

Jar Jar, Aliens, Robots = Kids
Lightsaber Duels, Battles = Teens/Young Adults
Political Intrigue, Tragedy = Grown Ups

I didn't mean the PT failed as a whole, just that there were weak points that were distractions. Making things appeal to different people is good, but they should still try to appeal to all in some way. Childish jokes can appeal to all ages if done right, but GL set out to only please the kids. A different voice and a few trims here and there would make Jar Jar more acceptable and wouldn't undercut the dram in the other scenes.

Personally, I liked the battle droids and Pod Race sequence, but there are little moments that detract from the drama of each scene. The pod race annoucer is one, Jar Jar is another. With the Jedi battles you build up suspense with the duel only to cut back to Jar Jar or Anakin. If it were edited to let some scenes play longer in the finale rahter than the rapid cutting it could have worked better.

Also, like I said in a prior post that showing the Naboo people actually suffering and starving as a result of the Trade Federation invasion could have lent more drama and urgency to the political scenes and to the Queen's motivation. In LOTR Peter Jackson always cust to some of the regular people affected by the battles so you can sympathize.

Still, I do like TPM a lot but there's just a few flaws with the story presentaion.

sandiegojones

DarthMickey said:
Of course the one thing that everybody wanted Lucas wasan't going to give you in almost 7 hours of prequels Crap.He gave you his object lesson instead. No thanks George.
I don't disagree with you there. I did expect something different before I knew what was coming. Back in 1997 when I heard Liam Neeson was cast I assumed he would be Anakin and would become Vader. Can you imagine how that would have turned out?!?!?!?!(y) A grown ass man like Liam being the jedi who hunts and kills all of the jedi and burns up and becomes Vader instead of Hayden! No puppy love in AOTC but a grown man making sweet love to Padme (an older actress of course). No back story about his youth would have been needed. They could have just introduced him as a Jedi Knight and with Obi-Wan (Kenneth Branaugh) as his peer, and then Obi-Wan becomes a master later which would have pissed Anakin off and let the love story develop over all films since that's what made him go bad.

I expected Episode I to be like Episode III originally and that the Jedi would have been hiding in Ep II & III just like the Rebels in the OT. The clone troopers were close to my expectation since I had always had a drawing of Boba Fett in all white armor like a storm trooper. The art said that Fett was an old storm trooper during the clone wars, but that obviously changed too.

In my mind I have an awesome idea of what could have been, but it's not my movie so I can't do anything about it.

Last edited:

Benraianajones

The fact Boba fett had anything to do with these new movies was...pathetic. You hear fans of the prequels say "Hey this is George's vision! Get over it" - somehow, I don't believe Boba Fett who had hardly any dialogue and small screen time in the originals, was originally going to have any part at all (or his father) in the prequels. Simply shoved in to sell T shirts.

CasualJeff

Heh heh. I hear what you're saying. But at the same time, I thought it was cool to see the "real" story of how Boba Fett came to be.

I mean, for 20 years nerds speculated about who he really was, behind that helmet. Different "expanded universe" writers gave him a million different lame explanations. I believe the original sketches from Joe Johnston described him as something as a super-storm trooper. Other writers said that Boba Fett was the last of the Mandalorian warriors who fought the Jedi during the clone wars. Even though the 20 years of mystery was a lot more fun than the final explanation, it was still fun to see his origin.

You're right about the pretentious "it's his vision!" folk. I never bought the idea that he came up with the whole story 30 years ago. It's obvious that he is making it up as he goes along, at least to a certain degree.

sandiegojones

Anyone play Knights of the Old Republic? It'd be cool if they made a show based on that. I loved that it took place a thousand years before.