Avengers: Infinity War

Z dweller

roundshort said:
If you think Pale is salty, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Salty - for lack of a better word - is good.

Salty is right.

Salty works.

iu

Raiders90

It's really not though. It's unpleasant, honestly.
What does being bitter really do for anyone?
It just boggles the mind that on a board dedicated to a dumb adventure/action series which itself was a homage to even dumber pulpy serials, you have so many people who have come to hate the people behind Indiana Jones, or who hate on pulpy films. Pale Horse said he "grew up"; the implication being that people who like fun pulpy films haven't grown up. But growing up doesn't need to include becoming embittered.

And I honestly do not understand why Gen Xers hate old people so much. I don't know, I was raised to respect our elders. Seems some here were raised to think low of them.

The hatred some hold for Harrison Ford here, you would think he wrote the KOTCS script himself. WISHING Alzheimer's on him - a disease worse than death - just so he won't be able to be in Indy V - is sick to me.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
...What we need ....

<s>is Harrison Ford waking up in a treatment center saying that KOTCS (and LC) were just a bad dream</s>

is Sallah at his funeral, saying that he was never the same after drinking from the Holy Grail, going into fits of delirium and fever dreams for 20 years. Happy now that he is at peace with his dad. And that because of his repeated losses of artifacts over the years, Marshall College is renaming the Archaeology wing from Jones Hall, back to Marcus Brody.

Fixed that for you. :hat:

Raiders112390 said:
And I honestly do not understand why Gen Xers hate old people so much. I don't know, I was raised to respect our elders. Seems some here were raised to think low of them..

We're all older than you kid. That gives us perspective.

Joe Brody

Infinity War is gonna clear $2 Billion -- which is awesome.

I can't wait for next May and the second installment.

The Russo brothers have alluded to 'mysterious' forces at work in Part 2 and all the Marvel team have denied the more obvious time travel type speculations for bringing characters back to life, so I can't hazard a guess as to plot, but I do have a few guesses about how the film starts and ends.

Interestingly, word is that Kenneth Branagh voiced the emergency distress call that starts the film (which I particularly liked since it reminded me of the tanker mid-battle radio broadcasts at the beginning of Fury).

Branagh directed the original Thor back in 2011, and his continued involvement makes me think that he may have an acting role in Infinity War Part 2 (or whatever it is ultimately called) as the new civilian leader of the Asgardian survivors.

One way to start the film would be for more ships coming into the earth's atmosphere. The surviving Avengers (including folks from Wakanda) scramble to meet the new threat -- but it turns out to be a false alarm. Turns out, the arriving ships are the Asgardian survivors from Thanos's attack which we saw at the beginning of Infinity War (during Infinity War, Thor says that Thanos killed half his people -- so the second half, the survivors, are likely with Valkyrie and Branagh's character, who take them to earth).

Meanwhile, Tony Stark and Nebula find a way to get back to earth -- but only after they have to collaborate to science-the-sh*t out (ala The Martian) of the wreckage of ships on Titan to come up with something serviceable to get back to earth. For me, the Stark/Nebula pairing is the most bizarre pairing there could be in the MCU -- beyond even Rocket and Bucky Barnes. Upon returning to earth, Stark learns from Happy Gilmore that Pepper Potts turned to ash.

As to the climax, I like one recent fan theory: at the critical moment, Steve Rogers takes some suicidal action to buy Stark time -- and Stark tries to stop him by saying 'stick to the plan' and Rogers replies 'this was always the plan' -- echoing Yinson's scene from the first Iron Man.

As I said above, I have no idea where the action or story goes from here but I suspect the film ends with a wedding -- between Stark and Potts (who is somehow restored) and maybe Gamorra and Quill. It would be great if Stan Lee officiates the wedding and there are many mid-credit scenes of hilarity at the wedding -- which I suggest would be in Norway at the site of the new Asgardian City that Odin picked out in Ragnorak.

JasonMa

Joe Brody said:
As to the climax, I like one recent fan theory: at the critical moment, Steve Rogers takes some suicidal action to buy Stark time -- and Stark tries to stop him by saying 'stick to the plan' and Rogers replies 'this was always the plan' -- echoing Yinson's scene from the first Iron Man.
I could see that, but i could also see something else with a different callback. Remember the beginning of Avengers 2 when they were all in Avengers Tower getting drunk and the montage of everyone trying to lift Mjolnir (Thor's hammer)? Remember have Steve just barely moved it which surprised Thor and got his attention? Obviously this is a nod to Steve's "goodness" as being almost worthy to wield Mjolnir.

I think that also likely makes him the best candidate to use the Infinity Gauntlet without being corrupted by it, to "undo" what Thanos did.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Avengers 4 art emerging?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A few things about this "leaked" Avengers 4 image:<br>? Why is the Hulk decked out in a full-body suit?<br>? Huh. So Ronin isn't making an appearance?<br>? Black Widow got tired of the blonde lol<br>? That new War Machine armor looks exceptionally badass<br>? WHERE'S THE BEARD, CAP <a href="https://t.co/m6KGcVnLpK">pic.twitter.com/m6KGcVnLpK</a></p>— Infinity Lar ∞ (@hilarion) <a href="https://twitter.com/hilarion/status/1003972428991565825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>