Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Montana Smith

Henry W Jones said:
You hate the prequels so bad that you I think The Battle for Endor is more entertaining? Those two ewok movies are terrible compared.

I agree, Ewoks with cardboard feet and visible zips up the back of their suits make The Phantom Menace look like a masterpiece!

Jesus...the Ewok "criticisms" in the last two post have never been heard before...:rolleyes:

cant overlook zippers on the backs of suits amidst an established universe of rubber alien masks and "CGI rabbits that steps in the poopy?" Cmon, its made for tv and still about 85% more cohesive and entertaining a story than the three prequels combined. Also, with being on tv, you dont get raped at the box office, dragged out over six years. Virtually free, light entertainment.

“Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like ****ing Shaft!”

Last edited:

Henry W Jones

featofstrength said:
Jesus...the Ewok "criticisms" in the last two post have never been heard before...:rolleyes:

cant overlook zippers on the backs of suits amidst an established universe of rubber alien masks and "CGI rabbits that steps in the poopy?" Cmon, its made for tv and still about 85% more cohesive and entertaining a story than the three prequels combined. Also, with being on tv, you dont get raped at the box office, dragged out over six years.

I disagree wholeheartedly. The fx, acting and plot were horrible on the ewok movies. Have you watched one since 198whatever year they originally aired? I have and they are far worse than the prequels could have ever been.

P.S. I thought the ewok films were great when I was a kid.

Henry W Jones said:
I disagree wholeheartedly. The fx, acting and plot were horrible on the ewok movies. Have you watched one since 198whatever year they originally aired? I have and they are far worse than the prequels could have ever been.

P.S. I thought the ewok films were great when I was a kid.

the kid is less grating (if only slightly) than both prequel Anakins, and Wilford Brimley is a billion times less wooden than Natalie Portman and Sam Jackson.

the FX in Ewoks is great for television. Ill take a stop motion creature with heavy matte lines over the sad vision of legend Christopher Lee "riding" a motorcycle in front of a giant fan and greenscreen any day...modern fx: clean and commonplace, yet cold, sterile, lifeless.

As far as story, each Ewok movie contains a decently structured, budgeted for television, family friendly, action adventure...The prequels: one story spread to 3 films, indespensible funds to turn out the unnessesary ("its so dense"), meandering, and maybe 30% entertaining if you have a boner for the lightsaber.

AndyLGR

Montana Smith said:
Sounds very reminsicent of Karen Allen's joke about Indy 5.
If she does appear in EP 7 I sincerely hope her turn isn't as bad as Karen Allens was in KOTCS.

Montana Smith

AndyLGR said:
If she does appear in EP 7 I sincerely hope her turn isn't as bad as Karen Allens was in KOTCS.

I hope it's not that bad as well!

:D

However, it's okay this time if she's married to Indy, I mean Han. ;)

AndyLGR said:
It would be cool if she was dead by the events of Episode VII...with Kasdan writing I would <strike>hope</strike> expect all the heroes don't survive. That there has been some loss.

It would be really cool if her cameo came at the end of the film via hologram, (a nod to the OT I could appreciate) giving an inspiring/emotional speech or personal message which ties some loose ends together.

Plus they could tweek her appearence.

It may account for the "I'm in it...no she's not" see saw, more likely my own wishful thinking.

Henry W Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:
It would be cool if she was dead by the events of Episode VII...with Kasdan writing I would hope not all the heroes survive. That there has been some loss.

It would be really cool if her cameo came at the end of the film via hologram, (a nod to the OT I could appreciate) giving an inspiring/emotional speech or personal message which ties some loose ends together.

Plus they could tweek her appearence.

It may account for the I'm in it...no she's not see saw.

In the EU Chewbacca should have died already.

Henry W Jones said:
A lot of tbe EU is really good. While other parts are utter crap.
I can't be bothered to weed that garden. Just some of the naming conventions in Clone Wars make me shudder.

Savage Oppress?!

Oi.

Fine character stupid name. Truce at Baraka...B A Baraka or Baraka Omama?

Anyway I bailed on the EU after Empire flushed Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

To Hades with it all...

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Henry W Jones said:
To all the people who find Harrison too old to play Indy......... is the original SW cast too old for SW?

Han can still fly the Falcon even if he's too old to run.

Indy's no good unless he can dive under a quickly descending door.

Montana Smith said:
Han can still fly the Falcon even if he's too old to run.

Indy's no good unless he can dive under a quickly descending door.
Lad, we get it...he's old.

If you're going to keep going to that well could you put some effort into to the dig? Maybe make it funny?

Be the crank we all deserve and we need...

Henry W Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:
I can't be bothered to weed that garden. Just some of the naming conventions in Clone Wars makes me shudder.

Savage Oppress?!

Oi.

Fine character stupid name. Truce at Baraka...B A Baraka or Baraka Omama?

To Hades with it all...

Once they finished the original trilogy the stories got better. Splinter was horrid. There are a few series of SW books that are very entertaining.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
I hope this film obliterates every speck of the EU.

I can't be bothered to weed that garden. Just some of the naming conventions in Clone Wars makes me shudder.

Savage Oppress?!

Oi.

Fine character stupid name.

To Hades with it all...

I hope this film obliterates the Prequels.

A lot of the EU was far better than the stuff Lucas decided to film. The books actually felt like they were telling stories from the Star Wars universe.

The last books I read were the Bounty Hunter Wars and A.C. Crsipin's Solo trilogy.

The EU of recent times has probably gone the way of the Prequels.