Fav. Indy Moments

I

Indy_Jones88

excellent picks everyone. I didnt ever understand what shortround was sayin but now i know it is "Hold on to your potatoes" lol.

IAdventurer01

My favorite moment was probably escaping from Henry's (Sr.) Room in Brunwald.

"I came here to save you!"
"Oh, yeah? Well who's gonna save you, Junior?"
"I told you..."

eh, you know the rest! ;)

Finn

Staff member
Matthias1138 said:
Cairo Swordsman does his moves, Indy draws his Webley and pulls the trigger.
Going picky here, but the only movie in which Indy carries a Webley is LC. In Raiders, his gun is S&W.

Just pointing this out... continue. ;)

Katarn07

Strider said:
The good old castle escape scene with Sean Connery!

Yeah, that's the first of all of the great moments between Ford and Connery. It's probably the most memorable of them all along with when Henry calls Indy 'Indiana' for the first time.

Luckylighter

Temple of Doom was such a huge part of my 7 year old life when it came out, particularly that whole Club Obi Wan scene. It was the reason I wore a white dinner jacket to my Senior Prom 10 (YIKES!) years ago, and the reason I wore a more accurate tux to the Fort Lee Centennial Ball two months ago (I'm a reporter and Fort Lee is the town I cover in New Jersey).

LC: Indy shoots through 4 Nazis with one bullet from the Luger.

S

skywlkrinc

For me the most memorable Indy scene is early in Raiders.

Traversing mysteriously through the steaming jungle, stopping to look at the torn and weathered map. Throwing the whip to disarm a treasonous partner. Entering the ancient temple and passing the booby-traps to come upon the golden idol perched on its stone pedestal. Then the eyeballing of the idol to determine the weight and discarding some of the sand before trading sand bag for treasure, only to be foiled by the ancient architect of the temple who created the final trap which sets the temple to cave in. Running through the darts to the pit only to find the treachery of the remaining parter holding the whip on the other side of the chasm. Reluctanting giving away the price with faith the traitor will throw the whip, but to no avail. The traitorous scum. Leaping over the pit only to hang on it edge, but being able to climb out and make way to the tunnel. Diving through the falling barrier and reaching through to regain the trusty bullwhip. Finding the traitor dead, foiled by a forgotten trap discovered and successfully circumvented only minutes before. Idol in hand, running for dear life as the thunderous boulder rolls forward to crush and maim. Diving out of the temple entry and rolling down to the ground only to stand facing a dozen natives pointing drawn primitive weapons in Indy's face.

Nothing beats that.

Luke

I

Indy_Jones88

i agree, that is my favorite part also. Indy is so mysterious during the first 10 minutes of the film.

Keep the awesome posts coming.

Finn

Staff member
The best "quick blurts" (comeback lines) in the trilogy:

Raiders: "Try the local sewer."
ToD: "He's no nuts, he's crazy!"
LC: "So do you!"

Can you recall the lines these were comments to?

I

Indy_Jones88

Finn said:
The best "quick blurts" (comeback lines) in the trilogy:

Raiders: "Try the local sewer."
ToD: "He's no nuts, he's crazy!"
LC: "So do you!"

Can you recall the lines these were comments to?

Raiders: Belloq "I dont know where i can find another adviseray as close to myself." (Something like that, dont know word for word.)

TOD: Willie ":"He's nuts"

LC: Dont know exact line but indy and his father were on the zepplin.

Finn

Staff member
Two out of three. The LC one was wrong, unfortunately. Anybody else to give it a shot?

Luckylighter

Finn said:
Two out of three. The LC one was wrong, unfortunately. Anybody else to give it a shot?

On the boat at the beginning, when Panama Hat replies to Indy when he says (about the Cross of Coronado), "It belongs in a museum."

I

Indy_Jones88

OMG!!! I cant believe i missed that. I am so out of it today i cant think straight. i went to bed at 2 because i was looking at the raven and now i feel lowsy today. But i cant believe i missed that.

grumpus

well now if im not mistaken, it is in the begining of LC on the boat when Iindy says the cross belongs in a musem, and the guy in the white jacket and hat replies, "So do you" got anymore questions i can anwser, i always like being quizzed on my movie knowledge

Finn

Staff member
Well, there is a handful (or even more) people on this board who know these movies inside out.

Let's ask another toughie for Grumpus (and possibly you others too) to answer:
In the infamous (and so great) "Fly yes, land no!" -scene, does Indy release the plane with his left or right hand?

Finn

Staff member
Right hand indeed.

Let's ask another. How many times does Indy lose his a) hat b) gun c) whip d) jacket during the trilogy?