The Dark Knight

The Golden Idol

Is this real?

5pfq25

I think the sticker says "Joker Card Inside", but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

No Ticket

The Man said:
I'd bet anything it's a fake...

And you would be right. It's fake. It's fairly easy to spot fakes. For one, it uses two images anyone could find online. It's kind of weird to just stick the image of Joker with the card next to Batman with the batarang (When I say weird I mean tacky and unprofessional looking for a DVD cover). Plus, I doubt they'll put "Sensational" on the cover. They aren't likely to do that for Dark Knight. They don't need to.

But the biggest thing of all is just how fuzzy the Sensational and "two-disc deluxe edition" font is. It's fuzzy because they just threw that on there in photoshop. In addition, it is not three-dimensional. Most previews of DVD art come in the form of what the box would actually look like.

And it's usually very clear that they are real when you see them. Also, most real box art seems to come out about TWO MONTHS after the film has been released. It has only been slightly more than a month for Dark Knight.

Look to: This website, dvdactive.com for the real deal when it surfaces. They get their images directly from the studios and they haven't confirmed ANYTHING about Dark Knight yet. I'd bet you'll see the first real DK covers in late Sept. or early Oct.

The Golden Idol

No Ticket said:
It's kind of weird to just stick the image of Joker with the card next to Batman with the batarang (When I say weird I mean tacky and unprofessional looking for a DVD cover).

I think that's a sticker on the plastic wrap of the case. You can sorta see the round outline of it. Plus, it says "Joker Card Inside" or something similar on it, which wouldn't be on the actual case.

No Ticket said:
In addition, it is not three-dimensional. Most previews of DVD art come in the form of what the box would actually look like.

What about this:

51EERECWD8L._SS500_.jpg

The Golden Idol said:
I think that's a sticker on the plastic wrap of the case. You can sorta see the round outline of it. Plus, it says "Joker Card Inside" or something similar on it, which wouldn't be on the actual case.

The plastic shrinkwrap is painfully faked. It's a ****ty photoshop brush. Faaaaaaake.

No Ticket

The Golden Idol said:
What about this:

I said "most." Besides, like I said, I haven't seen anything that was official at all yet. I pointed out a good site to rely on for the real deal.

Although coming with a Joker card is a good idea! Although I wouldn't advertise it. It would be a cool thing you discover. That's me. I'm not saying they wouldn't.

See this?
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/batman-begins6.html

That's the sort of thing to look out for for the real deal. See how crisp the image is? How obvious it is not fake?

NOTE: Guess I was wrong about an Ebert quote on the package. lol. Although I don't believe my copy has that. I don't think they'll put that on DK's cover though.

TheMutt92

IMAX Filmed Entertainment chief Greg Foster said he would welcome any IMAX re-release of the Batman blockbuster in future years, should Warners see merit in such a plan.

"That sounds like a really great idea," Foster said. "Ultimately, it's a decision that Warner Bros. has to make. We'd certainly support that."

Warners distribution president Dan Fellman said there was "a real possibility" of such a re-release.

Heh-heh...yes (y)

DIrishB

As of today, the worldwide gross for TDK is $924,933,000 (Domestic - $507,933,000 + Foreign - $417,000,000).

Only $75 Million away from the Billion mark.

Of course, as it stands now, its only at about 50% of the total take for Titanic...but TDK did it in a month and a half (Titanic took three and a half months to reach that number domestically).

I can see it as a likely possibility that TDK could at least take the all-time domestic from Titanic ($600 million), especially if it stays in theaters another couple months. Not sure if it will (thats up to the studio and the theaters), but I hope it will.

No Ticket

DIrishB said:
As of today, the worldwide gross for TDK is $924,933,000 (Domestic - $507,933,000 + Foreign - $417,000,000).

Only $75 Million away from the Billion mark.

Of course, as it stands now, its only at about 50% of the total take for Titanic...but TDK did it in a month and a half (Titanic took three and a half months to reach that number domestically).

I can see it as a likely possibility that TDK could at least take the all-time domestic from Titanic ($600 million), especially if it stays in theaters another couple months. Not sure if it will (thats up to the studio and the theaters), but I hope it will.

There's already interest from IMAX's side to re-release it in Imax theaters at least. But they said it was up to WB.

DIrishB

No Ticket said:
There's already interest from IMAX's side to re-release it in Imax theaters at least. But they said it was up to WB.

Yeah, I saw that. I don't see why WB would be reluctant to do so. I think the numbers from the initial release will more than justify any additional costs the studio might incur by re-releasing them to IMAX theaters. It would certainly help TDK inch towards the overall gross spot (thought not sure about the rankings for adjusted for inflation).

The Man

This looks to be a dead-cert by now...

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/111202/the_dark_knight_dvd_and_bluray_release_date.html

And indications are that there’s a bit of a wait yet, with The Dark Knight pencilled in for a 9th December debut on disc in the US, possibly a day before in the UK.

Various retailers are adding what looks like the final box artwork to their pre-order screens, but Warner Bros has yet to formally announce the title. The announcement will, we suspect, hit once The Dark Knight finally drops out of the top ten at the box office in the States.

Niteshade007

So, I guess Caine was joking?

Hoffman "looks forward to the call."

I think he would make a good Penguin, but I'm not exactly excited about the idea of seeing the Penguin again.

*cough* Catwoman *cough*