Shia says Indy 5 is 'cracked'

emtiem

The BBC's entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba has tweeted this from the Transformers premiere in London:

Shia LaBoeuf says Steven Spielberg has cracked story for another Indiana Jones and that he thinks they're "gearing that up" at the moment.

http://twitter.com/lizo_mzimba

So.... from Shia? Reported by the BBC? That's a pretty solid source of news, isn't it?

emtiem

Insomniac said:
Sorry but what exactly is cracked and what liable source?

Shia LaBeouf -Indy's actual son and practically Spielberg's adopted son(!)- has said that Steven Spielberg (who directs and collaborates on the stories for the Indiana Jones films) has 'cracked' the storyline for Indy 5 and that he thinks they're moving ahead on it. It's all up in the first post. As a source, he's not exactly bad (although obviously not fully in the loop). The BBC entertainment correspondent has reported him saying this, and he doesn't make stuff up.

The source is reputable -if not 100% in the loop- and the reporting is pretty much unquestionable. As reports on Indy 5 going ahead go, this is pretty much the strongest so far.

Insomniac

HOlY SH!T!!!
It's a miracle an Indy McGuffin found!!!
It's been a year since the release and we already have reason to get exited!!!
Thank you Shia and you "emtiem".

:hat:

Anduril33

i think they forgot a word....spielberg has cracked shia*A* story for another indy, that makes more sense.

mm....i dont know what we should take from this, im glad that spielberg hasnt abandoned indiana jones. im sure everyone, includeing lucas and spielberg, was surprised at how well indy 4 did after 20 years MIA. but now im sure they are all confident enought o tackle another indy, at least one more since the desire is there. but we prolly wont get one for another couple years IF they decide to make it. but they better hurry before Ford gets any older!

IndyForever

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8102103.stm

Yeah its all in an on camera interview filmed yesterday when Shia was here in London he says it around the 1:157-2.00 mark that Spielberg told him before he left for the TF2 worldwide publicity tour that they have cracked the story for Indy 5 so thats about as solid a source as you can get.

As others have said Shia is in the loop being very close to Spielberg so now all we need is to play the waiting game as Lucas & Ford have on many previous interviews said they were up for more Indy.

Spielberg said at Cannes last year only if we the fans want it (most of us want lots more!!!) then Spielberg earlier this year said Indy5 is not right now which meant he is working on other movies. I think that Spielberg knows they have to move soon because getting Ford to do this before he becomes too old for the part is essential as sooner or later Ford will decide on his own when it's time to quit Indy as he is a very proud man and would not want to play Indy past his prime. As long as they start filming within 2-3 years this will be perfect.

Lets speak to Doc Brown and see if he could use his DeLorean to find out for us when this will happen!!!

Dewy9

Well this is super exciting! While it may be the crazy uncle of the series, Crystal Skull's got a soft spot in my heart. Indy needs to go out on a high note, and I want it to be one that EVERYONE loves. The prequel and sequels have had mixed reactions, but the Man in the Hat deserves it as much as the fans do.

And I'm cautiously optimistic that this will happen. If SS is on board, then it's looking good. George is all for it and Harrison has said in the past that he'd be happy to return. It seems like he was the hold out on the last one, perhaps rightfully so, and if he's on board this early, then things are looking good, IMO. He's got a number of things in the works, but the other things can probably be pushed back a little bit (It's cliche, but Harrison's not getting any younger).

Gear

It's not the years, honey. It's the dignity

I have really mixed feelings with the idea of another Indiana Jones movie, especially after the botched KotCS.

Lucas and Spielberg fumbled the ball with the last one, and leaving the door open for a sequel, in my opinion, was an even bigger mistake.

Though you can't unfix what has been done, so that puts them, and my emotions, in a predicament.

Dewy9

Say what you will about George, but I think the guy can take a hint. He doesn't go out to anger the fans, I think his vision and the fans have, in recent years, occassionally diverged. He got the message about Jar Jar and wrote him out of the other movies and the Anakin/Padme story was pretty much gone in Ep III. Ep III was received pretty well by the fans and critics.

It seems like the most critical thought that, aside from some jokes falling flat, the biggest problems were small mammals, an atomic bomb, and a baker's dozen of interdimensional beings. In fact, it seems like it was the way it was handled at the end... nobody seemed to care about the Roswell corpse that kept popping up during the movie.

And contrary to what they say about Trek movies, the odd numbered Indy ones are best.

AlivePoet

Dewy9 said:
And contrary to what they say about Trek movies, the odd numbered Indy ones are best.

I'm all for your optimism, but I can't agree with this. Temple of Doom, for me, is just as enjoyable as The Last Crusade, and even Raiders of the Lost Ark on a good day. :hat:

Dewy9

AlivePoet said:
I'm all for your optimism, but I can't agree with this. Temple of Doom, for me, is just as enjoyable as The Last Crusade, and even Raiders of the Lost Ark on a good day. :hat:

I love 'em all, and I've probably seen them all just as much as the others, but popular opinion points to Raiders and Crusade being the two most popular.

Indy's Fist

Wasn't it Shia who told us the title for KOTCS? I believe this. I just hope that they give it the LC treatment...an apology for the last movie.

Dewy9

Indy's Fist said:
Wasn't it Shia who told us the title for KOTCS? I believe this. I just hope that they give it the LC treatment...an apology for the last movie.

Yeah, at the MTV Movie Awards, I think. And a lot of people thought it was a joke, especially since Lucasfilm had trademarked a handful of titles (including my favorite- City of the Gods).

Robyn

gear guardian said:
Though you can't unfix what has been done, so that puts them, and my emotions, in a predicament.

Why???? Like I said before, so what if kotcs wasn't the greatest, that doesn't mean Indy 5 can't be! I for one am SUPER excited!!! AWESOME news!!!(y) ;)

Indy's Fist

Funny how this announcement shortly after the cancelation after "The Staff of Moses" book huh? I bet Indy's looking for another biblical artifact like the Holy Grail & the Ark. Perhaps a staff?;)