I have a plan for an IJ fanseries.

ListenLiveLong

It's called "TohtDays!".

So basically what happens is that Toht, Dietrich, Vogel, Belloq and Gobler all come back to life. But, not only does that happen, but they become good, and repent from their evil doings in the past. So, they begin living in a certain town full of other Indiana Jones characters. It is a very fine and fictional town called Bushtown. Other additional things I could add is that these the main 5 characters now have children, pets, girlfriends, and all live/work at one house together.

One problem, however- there is a gang of people who'll do anything to torment Toht and his friends known as the Bananaloops. They are led by Russell, a 16 year old boy who likes to kick people, especially Toht in the face.

Feel free to ask me more questions about it, as I'd be delighted to hear them. :)

By the way, I will start it as a webcomic, and eventually make it a series on YT. I have some pretty good drawing skills as of right now, and I continue to improve.

http://funkpopper.deviantart.com/
You can check out my TohtDays! stuff here.

kongisking

Sounds absolutely nuts, and nothing even close to the spirit of Indiana Jones.

In short, it's a genius idea. Go for it! I'll gladly look at it when it's complete. :hat: Good luck!

ListenLiveLong

kongisking said:
Sounds absolutely nuts, and nothing even close to the spirit of Indiana Jones.

In short, it's a genius idea. Go for it! I'll gladly look at it when it's complete. :hat: Good luck!

Why thank you! And, it's supposed to be some kind of comedy by the way. So if there's anything crazy sounding for the show, it fits perfectly. Also, Sallah owns this store he calls the "Bad Dates Store". As for more Bananaloop members, there's this mad scientist squirrel who has the ability to turn radioactive, a lady whose appearance is based off of Magritte's "Son of Man". Also, Bananaloops like to use these things called "meltguns" to attack Toht as well.

A lot of the locations in TD! are named after things/places in IJ.

Kazim and Jock are their neighbors, and the main 5 characters are actually friends with Indy now that they have become good. Also, pretty much everbody has come back to life in TD!, be it good or bad. For example, Mola Ram/ Donovan and a few others are still bad.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

kongisking said:

Stewie-66159382295.jpeg

ListenLiveLong said:
Also, Sallah owns this store he calls the "Bad Dates Store". As for more Bananaloop members, there's this mad scientist squirrel who has the ability to turn radioactive, a lady whose appearance is based off of Magritte's "Son of Man". Also, Bananaloops like to use these things called "meltguns" to attack Toht as well.

A lot of the locations in TD! are named after things/places in IJ.

Kazim and Jock are their neighbors, and the main 5 characters are actually friends with Indy now that they have become good. Also, pretty much everbody has come back to life in TD!, be it good or bad. For example, Mola Ram/ Donovan and a few others are still bad.

MakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstop

tumblr_ljkkj9i4Wz1qj0zk3o1_250.gif

ListenLiveLong

Montana Smith said:
Stewie-66159382295.jpeg

MakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstopMakeitstop

I don't mind if you don't appreciate it, but I found the Stewie thing kinda funny. XD Also, it's not like stuff you'd typically see in Indiana Jones. Think of it as like some kind of YT webtoon. TohtDays! also references memes a lot, and has a lot of pop culture stuff in there.

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XzuC8B46N_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
Stewie-66159382295.jpeg

Yes, because thinking outside the box and being creative should be halted at once!

ListenLiveLong

kongisking said:
Yes, because thinking outside the box and being creative should be halted at once!

The Drifter said:
I think it's interesting, and I would like to see it. When do you plan on starting it?

That's what makes TohtDays! so unique- it has a lot of thinking outside of the box. It's a very creative concept, and is inspired by many shows I am interested in and as well as things that have happened to me in real life.

Maybe sometime later this year, as far as the webcomic's concerned. I'm practicing writing some scripts for the show right now. As for the webtoon, I'll probably do that in a few years, as I need someone to do the voices of the characters plus work on it with me, as I can't do this all by myself.

Plus, some nameless characters within the IJ series are now given names in TD!. Not only that, but ones that only have known last names are given first ones, if they haven't been officially stated.

Sinister Man- Sigmund Meissner
German Mechanic- Joseph König
Gobler- Helmut Gobler
Mohler- Kurt Mohler
Giant Sherpa- Nick (this name is based off Toht's command, I always thought he was calling someone Nick).

Last edited:

Gear

Montana Smith said:

No, no! Please continue! The pitch is all shades of entertaining.

ListenLiveLong

Gear said:
No, no! Please continue! The pitch is all shades of entertaining.
I'll be sure to continue. =D

Also, my show is inspired by many shows I'm interested, namely Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gravity Falls, South Park, and Eddsworld. So if you've seen any of those, you know what to expect from TD!.

And, Vogel is in a relationship with Elsa. Believe it or not, I got the idea from this thread:

Was the SS-Standartenführer in TLC (Vogel) sympathetic to feminism?

Although my outlook on this pairing is a little more positive than what's explained here.

ListenLiveLong

Montana Smith said:
The box is there for a reason! :p
But I prefer going a little out of that box. (y)

Also, Drifter, in TohtDays!, Brody is one of Indy's neighbors, and his house is an old museum. He gets lost in it quite often.

And, I've been bringing some inanimate props to life in TohtDays!. Vogel's stick is now alive.
what_s_wrong__vogel__by_funkpopper-d5t4r6h.png

Last edited:

Stoo

ListenLiveLong said:
As for more Bananaloop members, there's this mad scientist squirrel who has the ability to turn radioactive, a lady whose appearance is based off of Magritte's "Son of Man".
Cool that you appreciate Magritte. I like his work (and surrealism in general) but with regards to your project, I'll follow Junior's clip from "Ren & Stimpy" with another: Mr. Horse's catchphrase.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cDGlN6mluGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ListenLiveLong

Also, Dietrich has flashbacks of Eidel. Ilsa makes a few appearances as well (yes, Toht's sister). And, I decided that Belzig is some relative of Toht's. The character who is based on Magritte's painting was made because a certain someone I know used that picture as their avatar on a certain site. She's someone who likes to tease Vogel, and torture him with huge lampreys.

Last edited:
ListenLiveLong said:
But I prefer going a little out of that box. (y)

Also, Drifter, in TohtDays!, Brody is one of Indy's neighbors, and his house is an old museum. He gets lost in it quite often.

And, I've been bringing some inanimate props to life in TohtDays!. Vogel's stick is now alive.
what_s_wrong__vogel__by_funkpopper-d5t4r6h.png
Love the great work.