3 What Price Glory Bags

westy1970

Here are 2 original MKVII's from What Price Glory side by side. The one on the right is an H&S dated 1942 and is more of a "khaki" color. The one on the left is a W&G dated 1942 and, obviously, has a more green color to it. Both bags have the same pockets and both are in near perfect condition. I have had the H&S for a few months, but only got the W&G last night.

Inside flap of the W&G

Inside flap of the H&S

And, finally, a close up of the spans. The W&G has smooth snaps and the H&S has "not smooth".

I also have the repro WPG bag. It is closer in color to the H&S bag but would take some considerable weathering to break it in as the material used is not 70 years old. Pictured here with the WPG strap

Side with the little pocket that has the waist string on the originals

Disc side

Snap close up, but the picture is not great. Snaps are knurled, or "not smooth".

and, finally, the inside of the pouch. There is a front pocket like the original but the center divider is missing. Might make for better storage of larger items but that is your choice. There is still the little pocket and the rear compartment is divided in half, like the originals.

Goodeknight

So in a side by side comparison of an original W&G and a WPG repro, is there a difference in the quality, materials, stitching, etc.? Or are they practically the same bag?

Most reproductions I see are are really more like knockoffs. Like a Ferrari kit car on eBay. Looks like the original, but nowhere close to being the real thing.

And how's the WPG strap?