Finn, I think I saw you on TV

qwerty

Finn, I think I saw you on TV. You were on stage on the Eurosong competetion. You were the guy behind the drums, right?
Just kidding. Congratulation on the win. I hope this moves Europe's music forward.

Finn

Staff member
Well, actually that was me behind the keyboard, but a good take anyway...

Considering that we've participated 40 times and have been in top 10 for about two times and the rest of the time somewhere in the bottom of the list, so it's honest to say that this is a BIG thing around here.

Especially since our entry was the most controversial one in a long while, so yep, we can really say that this is bound to do something to the music around here and the rest of Europe.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I saw Eurovision on delayed telecast. Finland had a pretty awesome act. :whip: As usual Hungary and Italy didn't make it into the finals...

Magda

I hate Poland's entry, Ich Troje. They're so bad, it's amazing they actually got to enter in the first place.

Finn

Staff member
Magda said:
I hate Poland's entry, Ich Troje. They're so bad, it's amazing they actually got to enter in the first place.
You know, they said exactly the same around here about our entry.

Finn

Staff member
Agree. It's been more a show than a song contest since ABBA won it back in '76.

Tennessee R

Finn said:
Agree. It's been more a show than a song contest since ABBA won it back in '76.

"A..A..ABBA....The band?"
(quote from 'Mr. Deeds')

I like some of ABBA'a stuff. And I did see a photo of the Finnish that won on CNN Online. Seemed pretty much like you said, a show and a circus.

Magda

I love ABBA. I keep teasing my coworker and good friend that he looks like the bearded guy of the group. :D

Tennessee R

Take A Chance,
Dancing Queen,
are two of my favorites, but I haven't heard near all from ABBA, so I'm open to suggestions.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
Ah hell, my bad then. I could have sworn though that the guy had a beard at some point...

Only near the end of ABBA's demise. I would know. My mum's as ABBA mad as I'm an Indyfan.

westford

The UK never had a chance of winning - rubbish song combined with the fact that the rest of Europe hates us, haha! I didn't watch the show but I was supporting Lordi!

Finn

Staff member
Well, the Finnish rockers certainly made it an act. The song wasn't bad as it was though, I wonder if they'd stood out enough to take it even without all the latex...