The Remakes Game!

Deckard

ResidentAlien said:
Remake of goddamned Rocky Horror.

RAPE.

And by MTV. UGH.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/07/mtvs-rocky-horr.html

What the ****. All that can be said. I hope MTV and everything MTV related gets sucked into a plain of non existance somehow. Maybe like Kim Kardashian's ass is so big it becomes a black hole and sucks it all in.

As to the Robocop remake/reboot, that is actually cool and has potential but needs to be handled properly. These jerkoff directors nowadays think they can just up the gore and sex and CGI the **** they couldnt back in the day, and the movie will instantly be awesome bcuz it has a name we use to like.

If there is a zombie apocalypse someday, I hope Stanley Kubrick's corpse eats all these S.O.B.s.

Deckard said:
What the ****. All that can be said. I hope MTV and everything MTV related gets sucked into a plain of non existance somehow. Maybe like Kim Kardashian's ass is so big it becomes a black hole and sucks it all in.

As to the Robocop remake/reboot, that is actually cool and has potential but needs to be handled properly. These jerkoff directors nowadays think they can just up the gore and sex and CGI the **** they couldnt back in the day, and the movie will instantly be awesome bcuz it has a name we use to like.

Ironically... the gore in the original Robocop is insanely high. If anything, I suspect the remake will have less gore. Likely be PG-13 to appeal to the kiddies...

Deckard

ResidentAlien said:
Ironically... the gore in the original Robocop is insanely high. If anything, I suspect the remake will have less gore. Likely be PG-13 to appeal to the kiddies...

No its confirmed R. Just recently. Thank god. And yes the opening scene to Robocop was my introduction to ultra violence. Red Foreman blowing Murphy's hand off changed my understanding of violence. (In movies anyway)

The Man

More on Red Sonja...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22986

This one-sheet has me wavering between arousal and disgust...

redsonjaposter1.jpg

...and that may be a good thing.

The Drifter

deckard24 said:
You can't beat the original Robocop, but I'll take a remake by a super talented director like Darren Aronofsky!!

As for Red Sonja (n) !!

A Conan remake is what people want to see! Seriously who cares about seeing Red Sonja, especially when it looks to have been done in the already overly used Sin City/300 style!

I would love to see a Conan remake, but more true to the vision of his creator Robert E. Howard.
I heard awhile back that the brothers (I do not know their names, for I am not a big movie buff) who made The Matrix movies were making a Conan film.

The Man

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I would love to see a Conan remake, but more true to the vision of his creator Robert E. Howard.
I heard awhile back that the brothers (I do not know their names, for I am not a big movie buff) who made The Matrix movies were making a Conan film.

Yeah, the Wachowski's. Not sure where they stand with the Conan remake. Wasn't John Milius involved at one stage?

Jonesy9906753

metalinvader said:
They are also remaking Clash of the Titans.Which is f'ing blasphemy:mad:

remakes never touch the originals,i'd like to see how Clash of the titans turns out though,it wont come close,but itll be interesting to watch especially because larry kasdan is writing it.original ideas are turning into a thing of the past it seems these days and it is humiliating to see this happen,i am slowly losing faith in humanity with each post with a new remake

Last edited:

Jonesy9906753

do books to movies count as remakes? because most of them are really good
(examples)
"Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas"
"The Big Sleep into "The Big Lebowski"
"No Country For Old Men"
"Jurassic Park 1 & 2"
"The Lord Of The Rings Series"
"The Body" into "Stand By Me"