TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #26
kongisking
IndyFan

I just checked up on Rob Cohen's webpage and he has made a new post that reveals a few story elements of Tomb of the Dragon Emperor! The movie will have an elaborate chase sequence set in the busy streets of Shangai ("Anything Goes" comes to mind here) during a New Year's celebration. Rick and his pals have hijacked a cart containing tons of fireworks, and are pursuing the Dragon Emperor who is fleeing in his chariot. To see his newest entry, click on the link that I provided above in a past comment.

Also, Cohen reveals a great bit of trivia that Jonathan in this film has used the diamond he snatched at the end of Returns to get rich, and has started up an Egyptian-themed nightclub. And guess what it's called?

IMHOTEP'S.

Damn, this movie is going to be SO much fun!!!

Last edited by kongisking : 11-13-2007 at 01:40 PM.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #27
Matinee Idyll
IndyFan

The problem with the Mummy sequel is much the same as what the first suffered from; it's shîte, and has very few redeemable qualities.

They're almost as bad as those hideous, overlong, dull, inane Pirates of the Carribean movies.
Matinee Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 AM   #28
kongisking
IndyFan

Aw, crud...now I've got a huge urge to create a big fat post defending the POTC trilogy. Since this is a thread devoted to analysis and reactions/expectations for the Mummy films and its future, I must not...

*Sigh*
Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #29
kongisking
IndyFan

I just discovered a new site which has many, many updates and interesting info on TODE, including a MAJOR SH!TLOAD of exclusive pictures of the cast, scenes, cool shots of Fraser and Luke Ford in action, and some doomed-to-be-controversial pictures of Maria Bello. This site has a TON of awesome stuff on it, so take a good look!!!

http://michelleyeoh.info/Movie/mummy3.html

For those of you who don't give goose-turds about this and don't want to take the time to click on a single link, here's a few pics to tease ya:

Last edited by kongisking : 11-27-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #30
nezobiwan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
some doomed-to-be-controversial pictures of Maria Bello.

Ugh. Makes my stomach turn.

They may have been better off getting an unknown that looks like Weisz and then killing her in the first 10 minutes of the movie.

We'll see how Bello does though. I'm not willing to totally give up hope. Maybe she'll be okay. But no one is Evie. Only Weisz is Evie to me.
nezobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:32 AM   #31
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezobiwan
We'll see how Bello does though. I'm not willing to totally give up hope. Maybe she'll be okay. But no one is Evie. Only Weisz is Evie to me.

Amen to you, pal. But I'm willing to give Bello a shot...at first!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #32
kongisking
IndyFan

Here's a few more photos and some previously-posted pics for those of you who were blocked from the URL's. Guys, I REALLY need your replies in regard to the pics I have found! This stuff looks great!

Pretty sweet, huh?

Last edited by kongisking : 11-29-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #33
kongisking
IndyFan

http://www.vizyonmax.com/dosyalar/themummy3.jpg

AWESOME!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #34
adventure_al
IndyFan

I absolutely love The Mummy films. Even scorpion king. I personally can't wait for the new one.
adventure_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #35
fixer79
IndyFan

I must say I was pretty impressed with the two Mummy films starring Fraser.

Without having seen 'The Mummy' at the cinema, I'd bought the DVD for the special FX features because I'd heard they were good. When I ended up seeing the film without any expectations, I enjoyed it quite a lot.
That was years ago.

A few months ago I bought Returns because my girlfriend had seen it on tv once and quite liked it. Again, I started watching it without too much expectations and again I had a great time watching it. In fact I had no idea why a lot of people have dragged the sequel through the mud... Maybe it wasn't as good as the first one, but it came pretty close in my opinion.

My girlfriend had also seen and enjoyed 'The Scorpion King' so because of that, I gave it a try yesterday. I must say I watched it with much less expectations then the two Mummy movies for several reasons... Not only was it a spinoff without any of the principal Mummy actors, but I knew it was going to be a different sort of film altogether... Much more Conan than Indy, if you know what I mean...
Also, I had little confidence in The Rock... Not that I'd ever seen him in a movie prior to that, but I didn't think a wrestler turned actor could deliver.

Guess what? The Rock did deliver, and his acting skills didn't bother me for a second. All prejudices fell apart and he was perfectly believable as the Akkadian warrior.

For the third time in a row, I had a blast watching it and I can't wait to see 'The Mummy 3' on the silver screen. Heck, we'll probably go see the upcoming scorpion King prequel too!

I have one question though... maybe Kongisking can answer it...
I noticed that 'The Scorpion King' is an American/German/Belgian co-production. Being a Belgian, I'd really like to know what the Belgian contribution to the movie was...
I did visit Universal Studios during the summer of 2002 when they were shooting the movie there, but I doubt that had anything to do with it...
fixer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #36
Blue Jay
IndyFan

when i first saw the mummy in theatres i was just blown away by the action adventure fun ride which immediatly reminded me of Indy. For the last years it was good to have something with the spirit of Indy but still different.
And in 2008 we have INDY 4 and Mummy 3. This is just great.
Whereas Indy will always be oldschool old fashioned moviemaking, the mummy is somehow a modern version of Indy with things i dont want to see in an Indiana Jones picture but that are perfect for the mummy adventures.
The best of both worlds.
Indy is oldschool, which is just perfect and which is what i want to see, The mummy 3 will have a lot of sfx and cgi which is perfect for the mummy series.

I think the adventure spirit of these movies has a lot to do with the time these movies are set in, because it is perfect for adventure and romantic and adds certain charme and charisma to the movie.

I am all in for action adventures set from the 1850s to 1950s. I just love the atmosphere and the life of these times.
Blue Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #37
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer79
I have one question though... maybe Kongisking can answer it...
I noticed that 'The Scorpion King' is an American/German/Belgian co-production. Being a Belgian, I'd really like to know what the Belgian contribution to the movie was...
I did visit Universal Studios during the summer of 2002 when they were shooting the movie there, but I doubt that had anything to do with it...

Belgian? Don't recall that. Hmm, where'd you find this out?

Plus, nice to see yet another faithful Mummy fan on here. A toast, pal!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #38
fixer79
IndyFan

Quote:
Belgian? Don't recall that. Hmm, where'd you find this out?

They aired 'The Scorpion King' on TV not so long ago and they mentioned in a local TV guide that it was an American/German/Belgian coproduction.
Thinking it was an error, I double checked on IMDB.com and they stated the exact same thing:
"Country: USA / Germany / Belgium"

I'm really curious what the Belgian contribution was because to my knowledge, Belgium never coproduced a film like 'The Scorpion King'... My country did a huge number of coproductions over the years with other countries but they were almost always independent art films.
I wonder how I could find out more...

Quote:
Plus, nice to see yet another faithful Mummy fan on here. A toast, pal!

Cheers, Kong!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #39
Blue Jay
IndyFan

does anyone the date when the teaser or trailer of the mummy 3 will debut?

i read rob cohens blog and he mentions it a lot of times but not when.

I read a description of the trailer somewhere, after the trailer was shown at a convention at the end of march, so it must be finished.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #40
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay
does anyone the date when the teaser or trailer of the mummy 3 will debut?

i read rob cohens blog and he mentions it a lot of times but not when.

I read a description of the trailer somewhere, after the trailer was shown at a convention at the end of march, so it must be finished.

Yeah, it'll show up in a few weeks. Can't wait!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #41
Raiders112390
IndyFan

I don't see why they bumped the time-line up so far though. I mean
the first film takes place in 1923 (and 1926); the second takes place in 1933; this one takes place in 1946. That leaves little room for the main characters (Rick and Evelyn) to go on further adventures. Wouldn't they have to be in at least their 40s by this new adventure?

SPOILERS.............................

It looks like THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR is close to wrapping up its principal photography according to the latest blog from director Rob Cohen.

As you can see from the new video from Todd Grossman, the production of “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” is enshrouded in nights but just around the corner lies the light of day and the airport. We have two more long nights on the Shanghai streets and four days in ‘IMHOTEP’S,” Jonathan’s Egyptian-Deco nightclub on The Bund. (You haven’t lived till you see John Hannah in a bright blue brocade tux!)

Yes, it is that time when the long process is behind me and a new half of the production lies ahead—the post: editing, 700 visual effects shots, sound design, music, mixing and setting the final look in the digital intermediate. This second half of the process will be as pressured as the first half since I must turn over the finished movie in early July so that thousands of prints can get struck in time to ship to our worldwide openings.

The film stars Brendan Fraser, Maria Bello, Jet Li, John Hannah, Michelle Yeoh, Anthony Wong, Luke Ford and Isabella Leong.

Plot Concept: Jet Li plays a despotic Emperor in 50 B.C. whose evil is punished by a terrible curse laid on him by wizardress Michelle Yeoh: he and his army are turned into to terra cotta for all time; that is, unless he is re-awakened which, of course, is where the O'Connells come back into it.

The story moves to the year 1946. When we find them, Rick (Brendan Fraser) and Evelyn (Maria Bello) are retired to Oxfordshire, England, having been spies for the British during World War II. They are bored silly and welcome the offer of "one last mission" from the Foreign Office. Their assignment: courier a precious artifact back to the museum in Shanghai, China from which it was stolen.

Back to Asia: China is in turmoil but Jonathan (John Hannah) owns an Egyptian-themed bar in Shanghai. Unbeknownst to his parents, now grown-up Alex O'Connell (Luke Ford) is following in the family business as a young archaeologist on a dig in north-central China. He makes the discovery of a lifetime: the tomb of the Dragon Emperor, which has been buried for millennia. A beautiful assassin (Isabella Leong) tries to kill him to keep the location secret but Alex prevails. The Emperor's monument is transported back to Shanghai where another plot is in motion: military zealot Anthony Wong intends to awaken the Emperor and aid him in the re-conquest of China and the raising of his terra cotta army of ten thousand clay warriors.

THE MUMMY: TOMB OF DRAGON EMPEROR hits theaters August 1, 2008

------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER SPOILER:

Quote:
Isn't there a rumor that Indy worked for the OSS as a spy during WW2?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #42
Blue Jay
IndyFan

just saw the new poster of the mummy 3 on iesb.net

pretty cool

i am really looking forward to this movie.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #43
Deckard
IndyFan

Cool poster, I hope the movie isn't too crazy. The first was cool and I even liked the second but the 2nd felt a little over the top.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 AM   #44
fixer79
IndyFan

Mmm... Not a big fan of that poster... I thought they already had a teaser poster, the one with the Mortal Kombat-like logo...

Shouldn't the final poster feature Fraser and the others like on the other films' posters?

It wouldn't surprise me if it'd turn out to be fanmade...
MARK MY WORDS!

Also, what's the deal with this?

Has anyone seen this before? fanart too, no doubt, but I quite like the idea...
Old 04-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #45
Blue Jay
IndyFan

rob cohen stated on his blog that this new poster is just a TEASER.
so i think we can expect a character poster in the new future
Old 04-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #46
fixer79
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay
rob cohen stated on his blog that this new poster is just a TEASER.
so i think we can expect a character poster in the new future

Aha... Thanks for the info, Jay!

Can't wait to see the final poster!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #47
Deckard
IndyFan

Cool, I was wondering this myself, any word on when we'll get a trailer?

BTW, does anyone else thing there could be alot of Indiana Jones and the Emporer's Tomb inspiration going into this film?
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #48
-Jones-
IndyFan

HQ version of the teaser poster:

-Jones- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #49
kongisking
IndyFan

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! That looks freakin' fantastic!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:00 AM   #50
MarxBrosFan
IndyFan

I haven't seen The Mummy Returns since it was in theaters, but I remember I didn't like how they connected the two main characters to Imhotep's and Anack sunamun's past. It felt contrived and unnecessary. I'd see it again but I doubt I will like it that much.
MarxBrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote