Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2016, 12:02 AM   #1651
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxisIndy
Are you who advertises the episodes a member of the IndyCast?

Yes, I sure am!
indycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:03 AM   #1652
indycast
IndyFan

The Magic of John Williams #22 is here!

Join hosts Ron Longo and Laird Malamed as they take another in-depth look at the music of John Williams! [In Stereo]

You can listen to the episode here!
Old 11-14-2016, 01:12 AM   #1653
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 241 - 9th Anniversary Special

Join Mitch, Laird, Joe and I as we celebrate the 9th anniversary of the IndyCast where we discuss (mostly) all things Indiana Jones!

Old 12-12-2016, 01:57 AM   #1654
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 242 is here!

In our final mega-episode for 2016, I catch up with Official IndyCast Correspondent Mitch Hallock as we look back at the year in Indiana Jones, Chris A is back with another instalment of IJ in the UK, Ron returns with another bite-sized Indy fun fact, Joe talks with conductor Brett Mitchell, IndyCast listener Ron Phelps gives us the lowdown on some new Indy patches and we have more of your great emails!

Old 12-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #1655
Moedred
Administrator

A great 90 minutes on 2016 and more with Mitch and Ed. It never gets old! For some reason I started to imagine the Boston lobster from Finding Nemo and Nigel conversing. When the site's updated all the Indy 5 quotes will be at your fingertips, not just mine.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:27 AM   #1656
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
A great 90 minutes on 2016 and more with Mitch and Ed. It never gets old! For some reason I started to imagine the Boston lobster from Finding Nemo and Nigel conversing. When the site's updated all the Indy 5 quotes will be at your fingertips, not just mine.

Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 01-02-2017, 02:32 AM   #1657
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special: The Magic of John Williams #23 is here!

As we ring in 2017, join hosts Ron Longo and Laird Malamed as they pay tribute to Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, discuss Rogue One and continue to take another in-depth look at the music and inspiration that is John Williams! [In Stereo]

Old 01-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #1658
micsteam
IndyFan

Great special, I really enjoyed it !! Nice job guys !!
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:07 AM   #1659
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 243 is here!

In our first regular episode for 2017, I catch up with Adam McDaniel who talks about his Richard Amsel documentary, Official IndyCast Correspondent Mitch Hallock looks at Raiders gaffes, Chris A is back with another instalment of IJ in the UK, Ron returns with another bite-sized Indy fun fact, Double Tís looks at the White Witch and we have more of your great emails!

Old 02-06-2017, 02:12 AM   #1660
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special: The Magic of John Williams #24 is here!

Just in time for the maestroís 85th birthday, join hosts Ron Longo and Laird Malamed along with fan Deborah Guzman as they celebrate the music and inspiration that is John Williams! [In Stereo]

Old 02-20-2017, 01:25 AM   #1661
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 244 is here!

This week Official IndyCast Correspondent Mitch Hallock talks Last Crusade, Harrison has a close call, we farewell Professor Oxley, Ron Phelps has another update and giveaway thanks to the Detroit Patch Company, we tease a new segment coming to the IndyCast, Double Tís and the History behind the Mystery return in segments not for the faint of heart, Ron returns with another bite-sized Indy fun fact and we have more of your great emails!

Old 03-06-2017, 12:42 AM   #1662
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 245 is here!

This week Indy gets IMAXed, we announce the winner of our Detroit Patch Company contest, Official IndyCast Correspondent Mitch Hallock talks awards, the Further Adventures' Joe Stuber shares some exclusive audio of his recent chat with Mark Hamill, Double T's looks into the Peacock's Eye, Ron returns with another bite-sized Indy fun fact, and we have more of your great emails!

Old 03-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #1663
Moedred
Administrator

Great quick update on scant news!

Not to distract, but here's a double dose of former Lucasfilm employee, JW Rinzler. Not a fan of the Han Solo denouement. His Making of Star Wars 7 book is written but unpublished.
https://geekdad.com/2016/08/gbbp-79-j-w-rinzler
https://soundcloud.com/thefordcast/e...-indiana-jones
Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 AM   #1664
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 246 is here!

This week the Indy 5 announcement gets discovered all over again, Chris A from IJ in the UK returns to salute Professor Oxley, Ron is back with another bite-sized Indy fun fact, Double T's has another Grail Chronicles review, the Further Adventures team are back with a look at the Iron Phoenix and we have more of your great emails!

Old 04-03-2017, 12:49 AM   #1665
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special: The Magic of John Williams #25 is here!

Join hosts Ron Longo and Laird Malamed as they wrap up their look at the iconic Raiders of the Lost Ark score as well as discuss the music and inspiration that is John Williams! [In Stereo]

Old 04-10-2017, 03:10 AM   #1666
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 247 is here!

This week the Indy 5 plot rumours begin, Official IndyCast Correspondent Mitch Hallock goes old school reviewing the Story of Raiders on vinyl, Laird sits down with Raiders in Concert Conductor Emil deCou and IJ in the UKís Chris Allan, we get an audio insight into the Temple of the Forbidden Eye and a merchandise update from Walt Disney World, Ron returns with another bite-sized Indy fun fact, Double Tís has another Grail Chronicles review and lotís more!

Old 04-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #1667
InexorableTash
IndyFan

I'm loving conductor Emil deCou's use of the phrase "crazy fast note-y things".
InexorableTash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:50 AM   #1668
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 248 is here!

This week Official IndyCast Correspondent Mitch Hallock looks at ďwhat ifĒ with bringing characters back, Ron returns with another bite-sized Indy fun fact, Double Tís has another Grail Chronicles review, Laird talks WDW Indy merchandise and we have more of your great emails!

Old 04-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #1669
Moedred
Administrator

Congrats guys, for making this list of geek podcasts! Just saw on the twitter feed.
Quote:
The Indy Cast
This is a fantastic niche podcast for all things Indiana Jones. If you love the swashbuckling adventures of the world’s favorite fictional archeologist than you will love this podcast. Hosted and produced by Ed Dolista and featuring contributors like Mitch Hallock(who is behind the comic book convention, TerrifiCon in Connecticut), geek out about everything in the Indiana Jones films and more. They know so much about the subject that they could probably stump George Lucas and Harrison Ford themselves on the series. They also include guests from the films like, John Rhys Davies who played Dr. Jones’s right hand man Salah.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #1670
Moedred
Administrator

By the way you've got 248 logged on April 10 and 247 missing on iTunes.

Not that anyone's counting, but there are already 12 Indycast episodes filed at Forcecast in 2017, and 6 episodes regarding Star Wars. A year ago five Star Wars podcasts ended. Kudos to the site for archiving them, but did they run out of things to discuss?

Here's a post mortem on how the flagship Forcecast ended in a fit of pique. While logging good audio content is an undertaking beyond my skill set, it doesn't seem too complicated for knowledgeable fans to script the news in a format of very flexible length. Having announcer voices is secondary, but they help. (I'm relatively new to the format, having suddenly reached my limit with pop radio during the commute.)
Old 05-08-2017, 06:02 AM   #1671
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
By the way you've got 248 logged on April 10 and 247 missing on iTunes.

Not that anyone's counting, but there are already 12 Indycast episodes filed at Forcecast in 2017, and 6 episodes regarding Star Wars. A year ago five Star Wars podcasts ended. Kudos to the site for archiving them, but did they run out of things to discuss?

Here's a post mortem on how the flagship Forcecast ended in a fit of pique. While logging good audio content is an undertaking beyond my skill set, it doesn't seem too complicated for knowledgeable fans to script the news in a format of very flexible length. Having announcer voices is secondary, but they help. (I'm relatively new to the format, having suddenly reached my limit with pop radio during the commute.)

Thanks - will look into it....
Old 05-08-2017, 06:04 AM   #1672
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 249 is here!

In this week’s blockbuster episode of the IndyCast, Indy 5 gets a change of release date, the IndyCast gets highlighted on the Huffington Post, Official IndyCast Correspondent Mitch Hallock looks at a new Indy collectable, Chris A is back with the another edition of IJ in the UK, we welcome Morgan and Rich back to the show with their first full instalment of the Expanded Archives of Doctor Jones, Ron returns with another bite-sized Indy fun fact, Double T’s has another Grail Chronicles review, Joe has a snippet with director of Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Quest and we have more of your great emails.

Last edited by indycast : 05-08-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:01 AM   #1673
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Special: The Magic of John Williams #26 is here!

Ron Longo and Laird Malamed are joined by IndyCast host Ed Dolista as they discuss and play their favourite John Williams tracks as well as cover the latest news about the maestro John Williams! [In Stereo]

Old 06-05-2017, 03:29 AM   #1674
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 250 is here!

Itís the 250th episode of the IndyCast and to celebrate we are thrilled to have legendary artist Drew Struzan on the show speaking with Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock! We also have some great prizes for you to win, we debut a new segment looking at Indyís gear, Chris A is back with IJ in the UK and even more prizes, Ron returns with another bite-sized Indy fun fact, Double Tís has another Grail Chronicles review and we have more of your great emails.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:53 AM   #1675
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycast
we are thrilled to have legendary artist Drew Struzan on the show
Congrats on the big get, about to listen! My unorthodox question would have been about the unexpected death of the business associate Struzan was suing for stealing his artwork, resolving the case. Like the guy who hit Stephen King with his van (detailed in On Writing), later dying unexpectedly in his trailer. Spooky. I wonder if someone crossed Frank Darabont and met a similar fate.