Proverb of the day!

Finn

Staff member
The Adventurer said:
It is not the religion that do evil things...it's the humans behaind it...humans which turn the religion in a tool of control, power and geting rich...
MOD NOTE: Any comments concerning this rather fine question are not the subject of this thread (not to mention potential trouble). Dare to do so and there'll be trouble.

The Adventurer

Finn said:
MOD NOTE: Any comments concerning this rather fine question are not the subject of this thread (not to mention potential trouble). Dare to do so and there'll be trouble.

I did get the point...and this remind me about how little we are compared to what we think we are...but this is not the time nor the place...

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. -Steven Weinberg-
"You can be as orthodox as the devil, and as wicked." -John Wesley

And for the record and Moderator consideration, that does qualify as a proverb

Pale Horse

Staff member
(A) moderator's note: (or proverb)

When birds fly in formation, they need only to exert half their effort.

Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.

If it's truth you're interested in, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall.

-Indy-

How about this...

If you never take chances, you'll never get any.

Last edited:

Doc Savage

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." Theodore Roosevelt

Pale Horse

Staff member
I'm an Emerson fan, myself

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. "

Doc Savage

Pale Horse said:
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. "
Good one. I may have to look up Emerson.

"Censure acquits the raven, but pursues the dove." Juvenal

If Caesar was alive, you'd be chained to an oar!

(o.k... more a quote than a proverb.... There are quite a few people in the world who should take it as a warning too! LOL )