Proverb of the day!

Pale Horse

Staff member
One about the practice of quoting quotes on a forum

"[sic]it is vain to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." Thoreau

Doc Savage

The Adventurer said:
It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe.
Good one.

"Obstacles are those frightening things you see when you take your eyes off of your goal." Thomas Edison (I think)

"Got a penny in my pocket and Im ready to roll"

"Never put your hand in a blender when its on off or on" ---From a guy with one hand---

"Your Ship is safe in harbor,but thats not what ships are made for"

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
If you have to eat a bullfrog, don't look at it for too long.

If you have to eat two bullfrogs, eat the big one first.
:sick:

"Clean your finger before you point at my spots." Benjamin Franklin

Doc Savage

"There are three ways to acquire wisdom: reflection, which is the noblest, imitation, which is the easiest, and experience, which is the most bitter" Confucius

Pale Horse

Staff member
I sense a trend

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. - Tyler Durden

The Adventurer

ClintonHammond said:
Inspired by THIS thread

FK 'em if they can't take a joke!
I am one in this category that inspired you, I told there my opinion and I don't make future comments on this one. If you want to laugh, then laugh at what you want and be sad at what you want...but don't FK with me, cause I don't FK with you.

Doc Savage said:
"There are three ways to acquire wisdom: reflection, which is the noblest, imitation, which is the easiest, and experience, which is the most bitter" Confucius
"Experience is something you get too late to do anything about the mistakes you made while getting it."...the reverse of "experience" too.:)

Gustav

The man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away.

-Charles Schwab

Believe nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher.

-Buddha

I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

-Voltaire

Doc Savage

Gustav said:
Believe nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher.

-Buddha
Buddha must have read Acts 17:11.

"Early morning hath gold in its mouth." Benjamin Franklin