fedora

indyt

Hey guys, I know this has been asked before, but what internet site or store sells fedora at a good price. I have checked some sites but did not know if anyone had some recommendations. Thanks for the help.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The Deluxe is from better quality materials and the wait time is half of that of the Regular.

Eric Solo

Last time I checked with Marc the wait time for the adventurebilt deluxe was 7 months at least. At least he is candid about that.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I haven't reblocked mine yet, it's three years old. Should get a reblock soon though.

Dr.JAH

tuff hat

Hello ,I did own a Herbert Johnson hat like Indy's 20 years ago it was a class a hat but I would not buy one now unless you were wanting it to stay nice.I have done a lot of calling to all that say they have the best Indy hat ,Adventure bilt is a nice hat but if you plan on doing alot of out door stuff and sweating ,real roughhousing then you want a Peters Bros. hat that is what I just ordered ,it is a 10x beaver felt which is tuff as nails.if any of you have a Resistol cowboy hat then you will know what I am talking about.Plus Mr.Spielberg a couple of weeks back oredered 10 hats from Peters Bros. for the Indy IV movie because they found out what a good tuff hat they make. I asked my friend Rudy who works in props dept. and he said I'll love the hat he seen them said they are like the military Hummer of hats. Joe at Peters Bros. said the hats will go up in price in sept. I think so right now they are still at $185.00 .Joe at Peters is 62 and has been making hats for a very very long time and can make hats in his sleep LOL .Rudy said all 10 hat were identical .You just have to ask yourself what your plans are for what you are going to be doing while wearing the hat to get what is right for you.I am outside doing digs and working so I choose Peters Bros. I need a hat that will take the abuse.
Later,Dr.JAH :hat:

"Mr.Spielberg a couple of weeks back oredered(sic.) 10 hats from Peters Bros. for the Indy IV movie"

It's my understanding that Adventurebuilt (Steve) was making the hats for Indy 4.... If he's not, what's with the LONG turn-around time that some people have been enduring?

IkoJones

ClintonHammond said:
... what's with the LONG turn-around time that some people have been enduring?

Some time ago I read somewhere that Steve's able to make like one hat a week and has MANY orders.

But I wonder, isn't mentioning suppliers for Indy IV kind of forbidden? I'm a little confused... Am I? I'm not sure :confused:

"isn't mentioning suppliers for Indy IV kind of forbidden?"
Why would it be?

(Don't let the BS rules of a place full of COWards spill over to here)

"what do you think of this fedore from todds"
For the most part, any hat that SAYS "Indiana Jones" on it is going to be a piece of junk.....

You could probably by a worse hat for 50 bucks though....

Dr.JAH

tuff hat

ClintonHammond said:
"Mr.Spielberg a couple of weeks back oredered(sic.) 10 hats from Peters Bros. for the Indy IV movie"

It's my understanding that Adventurebuilt (Steve) was making the hats for Indy 4.... If he's not, what's with the LONG turn-around time that some people have been enduring?
I did not say that Peters Bros. was thee supplier for the movie ,I am just STATING A FACT that they ordered 10 hats from Peters Bros.for the movie ,they use some 20 plus hats for the movie ,Spielberg and team read different forums and what customers have wrote about the Peters hat so they bought some . nuff said

"I am just STATING A FACT that they ordered 10 hats from Peters Bros.for the movie"
Got anything to back that up? Or are we supposed to just take your word that it's a 'fact'?

Dr.JAH

tuff hat

Call Peters Bros. ask for Joe or Paul talk to them for yourself. and why would my friend lie to me about were they got the 10 hats from, thats why I ordered a hat from Peters .Having made some buckskin outfits for old west movies over the years I have come to know people in the entertainment ind.
Don't be mad just because someone knows something you don't. I am just sharing info here.Thats what I thought this forum was about.:hat:

Dr.JAH

Dr.JAH said:
Call Peters Bros. ask for Joe or Paul talk to them for yourself. and why would my friend lie to me about were they got the 10 hats from, thats why I ordered a hat from Peters .Having made some buckskin outfits for old west movies over the years I have come to know people in the entertainment ind.
Don't be mad just because someone knows something you don't. I am just sharing info here.Thats what I thought this forum was about.:hat:
I have no reason to lie and nothing to gain by doing so ,I am just trying to enjoy my 5 year vacation ,I am not some young kid trying to impress someone I lived my life I have been around since before Kennedy became Press. when tv was black an white and you only got 3 channels.Sorry if I upset anyone.
Dr.JAH

"I have been around since before Kennedy"
Evidently you were around before punctuation too....

Me thinks she doth protest too much....

"Don't be mad"
I'm not the one with my knickers in a knot.... You have no proof of your claim, and that's fine.... some people might take you at your word.... Others, like me, will file your claim under "Bull"... for "flop"....