Uncharted: The Games

Crusade>Raiders

UIMJ said:
I've got 100% of the trophies for this game. When you go for the hardest difficulty playthrough, all I can say is just take it one area (not level but area) at a time and know that each area you clear out is one step closer towards the end.

That is the key right there, my friend. For every really hard difficulty really. I'm always like "Ok, I can beat this and then I'll never have to do this part on this difficulty again!".

Indy's brother

Trennas said:
p.s. who is Jebus' name is Sam Earch?

A bit of a puzzle, isn't it? Hmm, let's see, Sam Earch, Sammich, Samuel Earch, S.Earch? Either that, or Finn thinks you left a sandwich on your kitchen counter.

*mutters* Hmm. Feeling kind of hungry mahself, now where the hell did I leave that Baconaise?

[EDIT] Sorry, Trennas, didn't mean to beat you over the head. Somebody beat me to it with the Sam Earch explanation.

Last edited:

Trennas

word to the wise: don't give riddles out to someone on sleep deprivity ;) Indy's brother, thou art forgiven :p

For the rest: there is a new trailer out! Also explains the apparently not so flying train:

Ska

I'm (finally) going to finish this game this weekend...I'm in chapter 21 (out of 22).

I don't want it to end. This was such a remarkable game.

But I'm nowhere near 100% on trophies/metals. So there's always reason to dust it off and play it again. Although I have so many other games to beat (spanning back to the PS1).

Now on to Tomb Raider Underworld (guess I should finish TR Anniversary first...I'm in Atlantis)!

Trennas

It is a remarkable game! When I almost finished it I didn't want it to end either :p

It looks like things have fallen a little quiet again around Uncharted 2, apart from some interviews here and there there isn't much news to report.. I got the Edge a while back which had a big feature on the game, but most of what was in there can now be found on the internets (y)

The Drifter

I'm kind of iffy about the sequel. I am afraid that it is gonna try to be more "edgy" than the first one, and go the way of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I mean we're gonna see the edgier side of Nathan? His shadier side within the black market. Meh.

I like what I see with the snow levels, but I am kinda disappointed with the city level. Why do they always think a sequel needs to be set in a city at some point?

Trennas

It's an abandoned city, it that helps :p Besides, Drake's Fortune was also set in more city environments, albeit that they were a lot older than this one :)

As for Drake's edgier side; I think they are mostly referring to his shady past, and not to his character in particular. I very much doubt that they will turn him into the ultimate bad-ass when his flawed human character worked so well in the first game :)

Cool new screens too! Visually there is nothing to complain about with this game :)

|ZiR|

The first sequel tends to suck. This isn't always the rule, of course. But I believe it has some merit.

The Drifter

Trennas said:
It's an abandoned city, it that helps :p Besides, Drake's Fortune was also set in more city environments, albeit that they were a lot older than this one :)

As for Drake's edgier side; I think they are mostly referring to his shady past, and not to his character in particular. I very much doubt that they will turn him into the ultimate bad-ass when his flawed human character worked so well in the first game :)

Cool new screens too! Visually there is nothing to complain about with this game :)

Yeah, but the this city is a modern one. The "cities" in the first game were ancient and more like forgotten ruins.

Uncharted+2+Among+Thieves+Immagini.jpg

Drake may not come out as the ultimate bad-ass, but the light-hearted feel of the first will be replaced with a shadier theme. Much like what happened between Sands of Time and Warrior Within.
Even the subtitle hints at this; "Among Thieves".

Uncharted portrayed Drake as a lighthearted, quick-witted treasure seeker who had a knack for getting in trouble but always meant well. Uncharted 2 will explore some of those personal faults in deeper detail by throwing Drake into some nastier situations that will tempt his desire for uncovering riches with more on the line.

(Text from Gamespot)

Trennas

*shrugs* I have enough faith in Naughty Dog to think that they can handle the material for the sequel to be either just as good or better than that of the first game, regardless of its settings (the abandoned city is just ONE location, there will be other places to go) or its (darker) theme.

Trennas

E3 is proving to be very fruitful this year! Lot's of cool announcements, trailers, etc. Including a few awesomely breathtaking videos of Uncharted 2! Seriously, I have no other words for these beauties besides: WANT.RIGHT.NOW! High-res is definitely recommended, just for awesomeness' sake!

Cinematic Trailer:

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14225971&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/990/990009/uncharted2_trl_e3_060209_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Gameplay Demo:

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14225971&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/989/989909/uncharted2_gmp_demo_60209_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Snakes

Amazing new trailer and gameplay! (y) I recently caved and bought a PS3, mostly just so I could play the Uncharted games. I'm definitely glad I did after seeing the new E3 trailer and walkthrough. Has anyone here got into the multiplayer beta? I thought I had when I pre-ordered Uncharted 2 at Gamestop, but it turned out to be a multiplayer demo, which starts in August. What the difference is, I dunno, but it really got me peeved. One very minor gripe about the new game is that it seems like they've toned down Drake's flailing "action movie" jumping. Great game Uncharted is though, a must play for anyone who loves pulp adventure stories (and also has money to invest in a black monolith of death, er...Playstation 3)

Trennas

Lol XD I have to say that selling the Wii and getting a PS3 in return was one of the single most satisfying decisions we ever made. We just had so much fun with the cool games that came out on it, and there is still so much more goodness to come! I'm sure you won't regret your choice of spending money on the black monolith of doom from hell :)

Only downside of the machine is that it's not backwards compatible :( So in order to play Staff of Kings, I would have to dig up ye trusty old PS2 again, from a box, somewhere in the attic :p

I saw some ads in which you could order Infamous and get access to the multiplayer demo of Uncharted 2, but well, I'll prefer the single player demo anyways I think..

Le Saboteur

"Elena Fisher. Last year's model."

In case y'all have been too distracted by the pissing contest in of the other threads, there is something resembling an 'official site' for Uncharted: Among Thieves. Aside from some basic videos, screenshots, and whatnot, it still seems rather bereft of content; hopefully that'll continue to change as the release date gets closer.

Uncharted