Uncharted: The Games

Trennas

Cool! Was already looking for an official site, but couldn't find anything so quickly.. never thought of the possibility of them merging it with the Drake's Fortune website XD

And it's nice to get some background story already :) From all the bits and pieces I've gathered over the past few months, it sounds intriguing enough;curious what else they come up with :)

Le Saboteur

Columbia Pictures...

...is apparently attempting to bring "Drake's Fortune" to the silver screen. While I'm not adverse to the idea, some of the names MTV is bandying about for casting are disturbing.

The Playstation blog also has this interview with the women of Uncharted: Among Thieves, and this one with Nolan Noth, the man behind Nathan Drake.

Le Saboteur

90-minutes of cutscenes?

Nice. IGN has a recap of the Playstation Blog chat here. It looks like Drake will be slumming through Turkey, Borneo (!), Nepal, Tibet, and eventually the Himalayas.

Full text of the chat available here.

Trennas

Picked up about the news earlier this week as well. Although I have to say I'm happier about learning where Drake is going in the next game than the movie announcement. In my opinion, its a bit redundant since Uncharted is already such a cinematic product. On the other hand, it might give the non-PS3 crowd a chance to get in touch with the franchise. And who knows; it might even spawn a load of merchandise as well.

As for who should play Drake.. well.. for me there is just one obvious choice:

video-game-lookalike-080523-nathan-drake-uncharted-nathan-fillion.jpg

Le Saboteur

No soap opera actors, please!

It looks like Game Trailers TV will be airing an exclusive look at Uncharted this Thursday at 0030. Featuring an "all-new" level called the Ice Cave and one of the game's complete cinematics, it should be pretty awesome.

You can see the GTTV promo here.

Le Saboteur

"Everything I touch turns to 'ish."

Don't Give Up

Exclusive cutscene now available to view on-line. Excellent graphics and dialogue -- major plus for using actual Tibetan (?) language! Oh, and the Sherpa, Tenzin, looks totally rad.

Le Saboteur

Ice Cave Gameplay!

Forgot to post this yesterday. Excellent graphics all-around, with some very Tomb Raider-esque platforming going on. Also: There's a brief example of the single-player co-op interspersed throughout the video.

You'll also be able to make your own action flick with the new multi-player camera controls. Check it out here.

Last edited:

Le Saboteur

Le Saboteur said:
Gamespot has a very intriguing description of the first (?) level in "Among Thieves". Check it out here.

Here's a video demo of that stage description.

Looks really good! And while you can't really hear it over the background noise, there are some pretty nifty "taunting" effects coming from Drake's enemies.

Le Saboteur

Check out these pictures for the new Nathan Drake toys coming out this fall from ESC Toy's!

Original Drake
3744697056_2b42b946d8.jpg

Electric Drake
3743902323_fe92ff106f.jpg

Naughty Dog Exclusive

Glow in the Dark Drake
3744696762_8de3906f4d.jpg

fixer79

Aha, here's the 'Uncharted' thread. :)

I've bought the Platinum version last weekend and I've really enjoyed it...
BUT
I have these annoying graphics problems... There's quite a bit of screen tearing going on but what bugs me the most is the aura of blurry smudge around Drake. It's OK when you stand still, but if you move through the background it's really annoying... Even the crosshairs have the ugly aura around them. It's like the background around Drake needs time to go from a blurry mess to the sharpness it's supposed to have...

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?... Do you guys have the same problem?

Trennas

I don't have this problem at all, mine looks crispy, fresh and lush, as it should. The only blurriness I can recall is the motion blur when you spin the camera around fast, but thats it really..

Not much of an expert on video graphics, but are you playing with a regular cable or an HDMI cable? HDMI made all the difference in the world for me!

fixer79

Trennas said:
Not much of an expert on video graphics, but are you playing with a regular cable or an HDMI cable? HDMI made all the difference in the world for me!

I'm playing with an HDMI cable... Also, other games don't seem to have this kind of problem...

Weird, ain't it?

Trennas

Well, its definitely not supposed to do that, that's for sure. Uncharted is one of the best looking games on PS3 to date.

I doubt it's your HDMI cable because you say all the other games work fine. Your PS3 should be fine as well for the same reason. So most likely there is something wrong with the game or the image transfer from the game to the TV.

Few suggestions:

It could be that your PS3 and your TV have some sync (?) problems. We had problems getting it to work with the TV all together when we first got it, then we reset the PS3 and suddenly it worked. Now, yours is already working, but resetting it might help.

I don't remember whether Uncharted needs an install before you can play it, but if it does, it could be that it did not install entirely correctly on your PS3 hard drive. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and see if that makes a difference.

If all else fails, it could also be that your Uncharted copy is just busted. Don't know where you got it, but you could try it on a different PS3. If it has the same problem, the problem lies with the game, not the PS3.

Good luck! Hope one of the above things solves it!

fixer79

Trennas said:
Well, its definitely not supposed to do that, that's for sure. Uncharted is one of the best looking games on PS3 to date.

I doubt it's your HDMI cable because you say all the other games work fine. Your PS3 should be fine as well for the same reason. So most likely there is something wrong with the game or the image transfer from the game to the TV.

Few suggestions:

It could be that your PS3 and your TV have some sync (?) problems. We had problems getting it to work with the TV all together when we first got it, then we reset the PS3 and suddenly it worked. Now, yours is already working, but resetting it might help.

I don't remember whether Uncharted needs an install before you can play it, but if it does, it could be that it did not install entirely correctly on your PS3 hard drive. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and see if that makes a difference.

If all else fails, it could also be that your Uncharted copy is just busted. Don't know where you got it, but you could try it on a different PS3. If it has the same problem, the problem lies with the game, not the PS3.

Good luck! Hope one of the above things solves it!

Thanks for the tips, Trennas! I'll sure give 'em a try! :)

The Drifter

fixer79 said:
Thanks for the tips, Trennas! I'll sure give 'em a try! :)

When a new level loads in Uncharted it takes a few seconds for the textures of the surrounding items and landscape to pop into place. Mine does this, and countless reviews have noted it also.
Just stay still a few seconds when a level loads and let the textures load.

fixer79

Lonsome_Drifter said:
When a new level loads in Uncharted it takes a few seconds for the textures of the surrounding items and landscape to pop into place. Mine does this, and countless reviews have noted it also.
Just stay still a few seconds when a level loads and let the textures load.

I've noticed that, but I don't mind that. It isn't distracting...

I've tried to take pictures of the game (which was more difficult than I expected) and after taking -like- twenty of them, I finally have one that shows the issue clearly...

2009_018009_cropped.jpg

Mind you- Drake and the background are out of focus because of the motion blur but that's not the problem. Check out the aura around Drake...
See what I mean?

The Drifter

Does the aura stay around him when he is not in motion? Can you try to take another picture with him in focus? That would help me out better in trying to figure out your problem.

fixer79

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Does the aura stay around him when he is not in motion? Can you try to take another picture with him in focus? That would help me out better in trying to figure out your problem.

Nope, it's really only when he or the background around him is in motion. There's no problem at all when nothing is moving.

I'll try to make a clearer picture but our camera is kinda old and it's not a huge fan of taking pictures of cathode or LCD screens I've noticed :)

Also, I've written a mail to Naughty Dog earlier. I'm sure they've heard about the problem before... I don't think I'm the only one who's having it. I'm curious what they're gonna say about it... If they'll respond that is ;)

Thanks for your help you guys, I really appreciate it. :)