what r u eating

Montana Smith

My lucky day.

Some toff just chucked half a cone of still warm chips into the garbage!

I'll hang around in the park later and see if any of the tramps fall asleep before they've finished their bottle of beer.

XanaduEli

Bacon sandwiches, Yum. :p

DiscoLad said:
Eating some cookies.
and gummy worms.

You would like this then. :p
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7RXmNRr8x7I?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7RXmNRr8x7I?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

XanaduEli

Montana Smith said:
Are you sure that's a gummy worm?

Whaaaat? I saw on the website and had to post it. There is also I giant Gummy bear too.
;)

I like Gummy sweets, but I am being tested for diabetes, So I am not allowed to eat much sugar until we get the results.

Mickiana

XanaduMel, possible diabetes? Refer to my dietary schedule on the previous page. It's not easy, but it works. And if you are vegetarian on some days, no problem, eggs and nuts are a good source of protein.

XanaduEli

Mickiana said:
XanaduMel, possible diabetes? Refer to my dietary schedule on the previous page. It's not easy, but it works. And if you are vegetarian on some days, no problem, eggs and nuts are a good source of protein.

Thanks, my mother and doctors think that I may have diabetes because it runs in the family and because I get ill after eating too much or too less fat and sugar. I wont know for sure until I get my blood test results on Monday.

I am also a vegetarian every Thursday mainly because I want to become a vegetarian but my family mainly eat meat so we thought we could have one day without eating meat.

Finn

Staff member
Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I must say that vegetarianism and veganism are two concepts I've never understood. Don't get me wrong, I can perfectly understand the moral reasoning most people employ, but it still doesn't hold against the fact that refusing to eat meat is... plain unnatural.

We're nature-createn (or God-createn, if that's what floats your boat) omnivores, meaning that evolutionary process has shaped our diets to consist of both flora AND fauna. In the order of nature, a human being is a predator and in order to stay healthy, we need the proteins granted by eating the flesh of other creatures. Sure, there's artificial products and stuff like tofu that can supplement those nutrients not gained by naturally eating meat, but to me, that sounds like nothing more than an admission to the fact.

And yeah, I'm also aware that we still do plenty other things that are plain unnatural, like drive cars, live in artificially-constructed houses or wear clothes which is all something no other animal does. But while we use artificial things to protect and comfort our outsides, our insides still pretty much the same when we first took our first steps on just two legs. Unless they develop a way to replace our digestive systems with plastic tubes that fully support a herbivorous diet, meat is what we must eat.

Before somebody walks in and says that herbivorous behavior is the way to save our human race considering this planet we live on isn't really equipped to support a predatory species as populous as the mankind, I must say I'm aware of that too. But herbivorism isn't a solution to that problem either. You resort to that, you're doing things bass-ackwards and curing symptoms instead of the cause. We don't need to stop being what we are. We simply need to control the rate which we reproduce. Because if we don't, this planet will do it for us... in a way that's way more unpleasant both to it and for us.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I must say that vegetarianism and veganism are two concepts I've never understood. Don't get me wrong, I can perfectly understand the moral reasoning most people employ, but it still doesn't hold against the fact that refusing to eat meat is... plain unnatural.

We're nature-createn (or God-createn, if that's what floats your boat) omnivores, meaning that evolutionary process has shaped our diets to consist of both flora AND fauna. In the order of nature, a human being is a predator and in order to stay healthy, we need the proteins granted by eating the flesh of other creatures. Sure, there's artificial products and stuff like tofu that can supplement those nutrients not gained by naturally eating meat, but to me, that sounds like nothing more than an admission to the fact.

And yeah, I'm also aware that we still do plenty other things that are plain unnatural, like drive cars, live in artificially-constructed houses or wear clothes which is all something no other animal does. But while we use artificial things to protect and comfort our outsides, our insides still pretty much the same when we first took our first steps on just two legs. Unless they develop a way to replace our digestive systems with plastic tubes that fully support a herbivorous diet, meat is what we must eat.

Before somebody walks in and says that herbivorous behavior is the way to save our human race considering this planet we live on isn't really equipped to support a predatory species as populous as the mankind, I must say I'm aware of that too. But herbivorism isn't a solution to that problem either. You resort to that, you're doing things bass-ackwards and curing symptoms instead of the cause. We don't need to stop being what we are. We simply need to control the rate which we reproduce. Because if we don't, this planet will do it for us... in a way that's way more unpleasant both to it and for us.

Taste and association.

One day I suddenly realized that pork chops were horribly sickly. Wondered whether they resembled cuts of human, so decided not to eat them again. As a challenge I decided not to eat any more meat, but stick to fish instead.

Been avoiding meat, and chip shops (who mix their potato, meat and fish with abandon) for so many years that it would be hard to go back.

Gear

Finn said:
I can perfectly understand the moral reasoning most people employ [for choosing not to eat meat]...

I can also, to a degree. But something always gives its life for the consumer to live on. Regardless of whether it is plant or animal. So, in that respect, I don't perfectly understand why killing and eating meat is immoral. But, yes, I do think a lot of the ways we go about those processes is wrong.

Oh, and so as to contribute to the thread. . . i r eating nothing
(I not only love how this thread's title is written, but also that it's not even a question. *snicker snicker snicker*)

Montana Smith said:
As a challenge I decided not to eat any more meat, but stick to fish instead.

Fish is a meat.

DiscoLad said:
Why here, Finn? Why not Open Discussion. :)

Coz your mom's so fat, she favorited this thread.

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Taste and association.
Personal preference, not a moral choice. That's something I can dig. I don't put stuff in my mouth either if it disgusts me.

Gear said:
Fish is a meat.
What I was about to type next.

My jab was mostly aimed at those green souls who resort to herbivorism because they wish to do their part in "saving the world" or "get closer to the nature", while in fact, by denying our predatorous ancestry they're in fact detracting themselves from it.

And they're not doing much in the world-saving department either. Like I said, the only way to do that without losing the soul of our species is population control. Mother Nature's already doing something for it, in the form of HIV, cholera and other diseases, famine and (indirectly) wars over resources in the less-developed areas of this Earth.

And should, us, the western men, being better-off and all, do something about that? My answer is: No, we shouldn't. By intervening with the so-called "development aid" we're again treating the symptoms, not the cause. A bunch of disasters and diseases is the best possible consult in responsible procreation.

I may sound like a nihilist, but I'd like to think myself more as a realist and, as insane as it may sound, a naturalist. You can't battle the nature and what's it trying to do. If you do, one day she's just going decide "aw, sod it, let's just start over" and hit us with something that makes the Black Death look like a seasonal flu. You know, unless we've some other way managed to get our head count back to numbers it can maintain.

But I better stop ranting, since I'm going royally off-topic here. Hmm, or is it topic progression? Your call.

In any case, the bottom line is, if you don't eat meat because it has no appeal, that's reasonable. But if you try to stop eating meat because you want to become a vegetarian... then you're a fool in my book. Sorry for putting it so harshly.

Mickiana

Eating meat is a moral and a nutritional issue. The dispatching of life is so coldly and mechanically organised for our convenience, we don't really know what is going on. I've seen first hand the kill room of one of the southern hemisphere's largest abattoirs and it is confronting. It is sickening and frightening. But I was eating meat the next day. I'm right into webering and it is now a luxurious art I practise.

There's no doubt meat is a good source of nutrients and protein, but I think we eat too much of it. But then, the whole western diet is off track.

NB Big storm coming over. Must turn the computer off.

Montana Smith

Gear said:
Fish is a meat.

The words 'fish' and 'meat' have become distinct. I look on it as legs or no legs. I don't eat prawns or squid!

Finn said:
Personal preference, not a moral choice. That's something I can dig. I don't put stuff in my mouth either if it disgusts me.

That's what she said...

Finn said:
My jab was mostly aimed at those green souls who resort to herbivorism because they wish to do their part in "saving the world" or "get closer to the nature", while in fact, by denying our predatorous ancestry they're in fact detracting themselves from it.

Yes, we'd have to stop using milk and wool as well, as one of the major problems to the environment is methane from cattle and sheep (from both ends of the said ruminants).

Finn said:
But I better stop ranting, since I'm going royally off-topic here. Hmm, or is it topic progression? Your call.

It didn't take much to inject a bit of progress into this thread. It might, of course, evolve into recipe-exchanging, as opposed to what you're eating right now.

Finn

Staff member
Mickiana said:
I've seen first hand the kill room of one of the southern hemisphere's largest abattoirs and it is confronting. It is sickening and frightening.
Indeed. And the more long-lasting solution to this atrocity is the mathematical "less humans eating less meat", not the moral "more humans eating less meat".