Captain Lone Starr's costume

The_Raiders

Has anyone here ever seen "Space Balls"? I love that movie, have it for DVD... anyway I think they got the basic outfit for Lone Starr from indy, he has a brown leather jacket, a coller shirt (not white tho:rolleyes: ), kaki pants, and in the begining he has a brown hat. What do you think? :hat:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I always felt that the costume was a hybrid of Indy and Han Solo, sort of a 'space cowboy' outfit, though in a more literal sense.

No Ticket

Obviously it was supposed to look like Indy... they're spoofing Han, played by Ford who.. well, you know.

Burke

To this day, I dry heave a little when I see the cheese bubbling and erupting off Pizza the Hut.

Indy_Chic

I love Spaceballs, that movie is classic! (y)

No Ticket said:
Obviously it was supposed to look like Indy... they're spoofing Han, played by Ford who.. well, you know.

Yeah, that's what I thought too so the first scene of Lone Starr always cracks me up.

Deckard

Spaceballs The Animated Tv Show - Coming To G4 - Voiced By The Original Actors. Woot.

http://www.g4tv.com/spaceballs/index.html

fasf.jpg

Michael24

^He's does! That's funny. Haha!!

But hasn't this cartoon been "coming soon" for about the last 3-4 years? Is it actually ever going to see the light of day?

Deckard

No it was only made official about 6 months ago. It will be out this year, they are in production right now. I dont know who will replace John tho.

Shemp

Deckard said:
No it was only made official about 6 months ago. It will be out this year, they are in production right now. I dont know who will replace John tho.

John was the best, it's gonna be hard to find a voice like his. Uncle Buck and Planes, Trains, & Automobiles forever! I'm still waiting for that PT&A 20th Anniversary Addition DVD. Oh well, guess it won't happen now...

As for Lone Starr's outfit, definetly a spoof of Indy's. Shame they didn't give him a whip :whip:.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
The animated series? Wow. I didn't know about that. That would be frigging awesome. I want one of those Yogurt dolls that says "May the Swartz be with you". (y)

barranca

Indy fan 235 said:
I wonder who will do Barf's voice since John Candy passed away?

''Barf will be voiced by a wonderful actor, Tino Insana. Tino is a long-time friend of John's, had worked with him in Second City in Chicago, and actually did additional dialogue recording for John Candy's character in the film Wagons East, as John passed away during filming. As such he's a perfect choice to play the lovable character, Barfolemew.'' (from IMDB)

UltimateManGod

I always enjoyed that movie. I'll see what the show is like. I remember the Onion ran a fake story about a prequel for Spaceballs during the whole prequel hype for Star Wars. All I remember was that Jonathan Lipnicki was going to play a young Dark Helmet in the article. It was pretty funny.