What are you not a fan of?

Mrs_Fedora

The Man said:
I've grown to hate going to the cinema. The projectionist constantly lets the print slip, they don't turn the lights down until long after the movie starts, and then people wander in during the show, looking for seats and obscuring your view. Grrrrr...:mad:

Please tell me this isn't just an Irish phenomenon.

I don't know, it's worse in Ireland than in Holland. In Holland people can be annoying too during movies, but at least theyr'e not taking their 5 yr old children to a 12+ movie.
Many times i sat in the cinema here in Dublin, watching movies together with mums who even brought their baby's! And i mean newborn baby's :eek:WTF?!?
don't get me wrong, i do like kids, but this is going too far.

The Man

Mrs_Fedora said:
I don't know, it's worse in Ireland than in Holland. In Holland people can be annoying too during movies, but at least theyr'e not taking their 5 yr old children to a 12+ movie.
Many times i sat in the cinema here in Dublin, watching movies together with mums who even brought their baby's! And i mean newborn baby's :eek:WTF?!?
don't get me wrong, i do like kids, but this is going too far.

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

NYCGoldenIdol

Jeremy Shockey, even though I'm a Giants fan. He strikes me as being so self-centered. Hope the Giants will trade his ass outta town. It seems as he also ruins the teams chemistry.

And I can't stand Michele Branch and the New Kids on the Block comeback. So lame.

I wish I was NEVER a fan of NKOTB when I was in junior high. Embarrassing as I look back **guilt trip**. Thank God during freshman year when I classmates helped me open my eyes and ears with better music, which was alternative.

Wanna-be art freaks especially those who don't have the artistic ability. They use art just to feel cool.

Shania Twain
Dixie Chicks
Mariah Carey
Faith Evans
Lil Kim
Missy Elliot
Christina Aguilera
Mandy Moore
Pink...ugh!
Usher

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

The Man said:
I've grown to hate going to the cinema. The projectionist constantly lets the print slip, they don't turn the lights down until long after the movie starts, and then people wander in during the show, looking for seats and obscuring your view. Grrrrr...:mad:

Please tell me this isn't just an Irish phenomenon.

Yeah, I HATE going to the theater. I used to like seeing films in a packed theater, because i love hearing audiences reactions to the movie, but lately I despise it. It all started when I went to see Spider-man 2 and I basically felt like I was watching the film in a crowded Mall. Teenagers talking nonstop, babies crying, little kids running around the theater with their parents chasing them, people constantly going in and out in and out, cell phones ringing, the constant ruffling of popcorn bags and people coughing. I had to see the film twice in one day just to get the rest of the story. I just hate people really.

Agent Z

Indy Pendant said:
I'm not a fan of sore throats..

But, who is? :confused:

As for those lamenting unruly theater crowds, one word: matinees.

Cheaper, with better crowds, especially if the local schools are still in session when you go. (y)

Montana_Jones

Indy Pendant said:
false fire alarms
my DVR
my TV when it shows widescreen movies
I'm not a fan of people who are completely ignorant of a features aspect ratio. Have you ever heard of OAR or Pan and Scan? I'm betting you own the 2003 DVD set in Fool Screen. Let me tell you what, the correct way the films were shown were in WIDESCREEN in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
By the way, Turner Classic movies ALWAYS shows a Widescreen film in Widescreen. Don't make any excuses, it's annoying hearing those Pan and Scan idiots complaining about "black bars".
Here're some links for the uninformed and the uneducated about this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_and_Scan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterbox
http://www.widescreen.org/aspect_ratios.shtml
http://www.widescreen.org/examples/labyrinth/index.shtml

So, that should have you thinking clearly about this Pan and Scam crap.

So, go OAR or the the fark outta here. The Indiana Jones films should only be watched Widescreen, not "Pan and Scan".

I'm also not a fan of someone who already has 100+ posts in only a month. Look at my join date.

Montana_Jones

LostArk said:
I always watch movies in Widescreen when its available. Gives it a more professional look.
And one should always watch Full Frame movies Full Frame. i.e. The Adventures of Robin Hood, Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz and others.
Every movie should actually be watched OAR instead. Click on the link to my DVD collection. EVERYTHING is OAR.
http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=DarkGryphon2038&list=owned

I don't even mind the "black bars". Research damm!t!

I'm not a fan, actually hate, movies being released on a home movie format in "Pan and Scan" only. I'm certainly glad all High Definition 1080p disc media has OAR only. To he!! with you Joe Six Packs!:mad:

I'm also not a fan of website with word filters. Lazy *********!

Last edited:

Mrs_Fedora

I wanted to say something about you not liking people who posted 100 posts in a month... but you edited your post already. :D

Montana_Jones

By the way, there'll be no bashing of Widescreen films in here. It shant be tolerated.

I hate, I mean literally, the Pan and Scan process. Also hate it's even considered to be put in stores. Pity only in Europe everything is released OAR only.

Oh, also not a fan of people think if it isn't available in America, it's a bootleg. I mean I import alot from Hong Kong, South Korea and even the UK. It's great having a high quality multi-region DVD player.

Agent Z

I am not a fan of my weak human body...and the fact that it needs to sleep.

My Heart, Soul, and Spirit say YES! YES! YES! to this project in front of me, but my eyelids = :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Must...hang...onnn.....

Michael24

Although I watched Voltron when I was little, I've otherwise never been a fan of Anime. I've seen a few movies (Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll) that were okay, but otherwise the style just turns me off. I especially dislike the big-haired/big-eyed character design that seems to be the most popular. Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie is probably the only Anime movie I actually really enjoyed.

NYCGoldenIdol said:
Michael Jackson. Freaking pedophile(n)
That's a case where I have to really separate the man from the work. Although I think he has some serious issues, I'm still a fan of his '80s and early-90s stuff. I was too big of a fan when I was a kid to suddenly stop listening to the likes of "Thriller," "Billie Jean," "Bad," and all the others. :)