The Ugly Mugs of Raveners...

00Kevin

Indyfan
apalehorse said:
Be careful what you wish for...both of you. :D

*Turns into elvis and Marries Ameera*

OH NO!!!!! :D

group photo...that would be cool, but It comes back to the point of when and wear we can do this, look at who we have:

-ameera, teenager in montana
-aaron H, college student in colorado
-attila, teenager in ohio
-apalehorse, uhhhh, who knows
-canyon, adult in england
-Finn, adult in Finnland
-Gregorie Defense, college student in chicago (who I know makes the journey through ohio and into penn. every break)
-Gilles, adult in Belguim
-Raffey, adult in california
-ren, adult in new england
-Shpwreck, adult in Oklahoma
-Tequilerous, adult in holland
-Webley, adult in New England
-Westford-college student in england

and that's not including the 2003ers, the guys who left after the adventures (zharah, indy 4, hffan2000, dutch) and others...

well, I'm in ohio, so is attila, (and indy 4 if we can ever contact him) I think we could do one where greg stops in during a school break to meet us, and ren and webley (if you're still thinking about cross country) stop in as well (and anyone else who can make it)

then of corse, there are several up in europe...england, holland, belgium, finnland)....you guys are willing to travel a wee bit, perhaps you could do that

it would be good to even it up and get some guys in west US and perhaps even south US, but I can't recall very many raveners off the top of my head who are close enough

so, what do you guys say? wanna try to go with these plans?

Canyon

intergamer said:
Ameera said:
Judging by the smiley face in his post, I'm sure VP did not mean for his comment to sound vicious. :rolleyes:

Agreed. There's <i>insensitive</i>, and then there's <i>sensitive</i>.

It's not what VP said, it was the way in which he said it.

Believe me, I'm all for having a laugh and a joke, but I feel that his comment was insulting.

"4. Misunderstandings:
Before you hit the submit button on your post, reread what you have written to make sure it could not be misunderstood or misinterpreted by another. The Raven is an international message board visited by members from all over the globe. What is considered funny or witty in your area may be considered off color or just plain insulting in another. Be mindful of what you write, and if nothing appears wrong, hit submit."

VP

Moderator Emeritus
"Have I offended you? Then I am sorry."

And I MEAN it. I truely apologize. Maybe I can get a hot pic of Indy for you, so we can all forget this stupid misunderstanding. :)

00Kevin

Indyfan
Aaron H said:
00Kev, I'm 20, almost 21...not a teenager anymore.;)

uhhh, read the thing, you are listed as college student, not teenager (aye, some teenage brains still move on)

bahhh, it seems everyone is complaining about my list instead of the task in hand

as for ren's Idea of a photoshop picture, I had that in mind and it would be a good Idea to try sometime...but fist we need to do the group pics

Pale Horse

Staff member
00Kevin said:

bahhh, it seems everyone is complaining about my list instead of the task in hand

as for ren's Idea of a photoshop picture, I had that in mind and it would be a good Idea to try sometime...but fist we need to do the group pics

Everyone seems a bit fiesty, today. Just out of curiosity, are we trying to imitate the Srgt. Peppers Album Cover? Because that is what I think will happen if we photoshop it...

Canyon

Re: Re: Smooth Move...

VP said:
Renderking Fisk said:
Lets see you in your gear VP? or are you already in that thread you posted a link to and just had to share your embarrasment?

No, I just have that one lousy fedora and a Finnish Army gas mask bag. And the fedora is even too small. When I get a credit card and enough funds I'll order an Akubra.

And I was joking, I already apologized and my post even had a 'BIG GRIN' smiley. BTW Canyon, do you have a bit lighter pic? All your currently gear looks black.

Here's the same picture, only this time lighter. My holster and tie are both black and I was kinda going for a Last Crusade Indy look.

Me%20as%20Indy.2.jpg

QUOTE]Originally posted by VP
"Have I offended you? Then I am sorry."

And I MEAN it. I truely apologize. Maybe I can get a hot pic of Indy for you, so we can all forget this stupid misunderstanding. :)
[/QUOTE]

Eek! I didn't see your earlier post. Apology accepted. I know, it was just a...........misunderstanding. ;)

A hot pic of Indy? Yes please!
*drools all over keyboard*

Renderking Fisk said:
VP... if it helps I'll donate a pic of me when I get ripped and buff again.

Now Fisk, when you're all Temple style physique again, I want a picture of you looking just like this with your fedora on, posing in the exact same way. Got that?
raiders_86.jpg

[Edited by Canyon on 01-26-2004 at 04:57 pm]

Last edited:

intergamer

Canyon said:
intergamer said:
Ameera said:
Judging by the smiley face in his post, I'm sure VP did not mean for his comment to sound vicious. :rolleyes:

Agreed. There's <i>insensitive</i>, and then there's <i>sensitive</i>.

It's not what VP said, it was the way in which he said it.

Believe me, I'm all for having a laugh and a joke, but I feel that his comment was insulting.

"4. Misunderstandings:
Before you hit the submit button on your post, reread what you have written to make sure it could not be misunderstood or misinterpreted by another. The Raven is an international message board visited by members from all over the globe. What is considered funny or witty in your area may be considered off color or just plain insulting in another. Be mindful of what you write, and if nothing appears wrong, hit submit."

My case stands. No offense to you in particular, but I am not sensitive, and sensitive people drive me crazy. Besides, it often seems to me that people who seem to be "sensitive" are merely using it as a facade to get across a point or what not. Indeed, If I were VP, I would take your allegation that he insulted you (even though he didn't) more sensitively than the insult in the first place (which would just bounce right off of me). Again, no offense to anybody, just my 0.02 rupees.

Webley

00Kevin said:
-Webley, adult in New England
[/B]
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, Webley an adult HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, thats a good one HA HA HA HA, I may be 28 but Im no adult gest ask my wife, Iv see 15teen year olds in hear that are more adult like than me. HA HA HA HA HA, Webley an adult give me a brake.

Finn

Staff member
As we have noticed already, the physical and mental ages among our members vary enormously... :D

Webley

Finn said:
As we have noticed already, the physical and mental ages among our members vary enormously... :D
Well said.
Ill put up some dumm pick of me when I get home from work to day.

[Edited by Webley on 01-27-2004 at 02:07 am]

Canyon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Smooth Move...

VP said:
Canyon said:
A hot pic of Indy? Yes please!
*drools all over keyboard*

What scene, what movie?

Oh, I don't mind. As long as he's wearing his gear, tweed suit, arab disguise, nazi uniform disguise... ;)