Bring back the classic, we miss those good times!

Which shows and entertainment blocks do you want back?

• Class of 3000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teen Titans

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Toonami

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Jonny Quest: The Original Series

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Pirates of Dark Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SciFi's Flash Gordon

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

RedeemedChild

There are times when I wonder where did all the good times go to?

There have been many wonderful programs that seem to attract an ocean of fans and then that's just when the rug seems to get unceremoniously pulled from under our feet. I'm speaking of some of the greatest television and movie productions which all of a sudden are removed from television, canceled, unfinished, never receive re-airings or are just plain sabotaged and forgotten.

Like-A-Rock.jpg

Some of my favorite television programs that this has happened to are:

Star Trek: The Original Series, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Xiaolin Showdown, The Batman, Legion of SuperHeroes, Jonny Quest: The Original Series, Catscratch, David Carradine's Kung Fu, Michael Landon's Little House on the Prarie, DC Comic's/The CW's AquaMan,Teen Titans, Star Trek Enterprise and The History Channel's Josh Bernstein in Digging For The Truth.

Class_of_3000.jpg

To be honest with the above mentioned programs were all suddenly and without the approval of the fans removed from television.

I still remember being among the History Channel viewers in the histoy.com forum clamoring and protesting the History Channel's removal of Digging for the Truth and demanding that they recover Josh Bernstein for the show, many people have told me that History Channel ran Bernstein off and that the show had millions of viewers.

On the other hand I have no idea why Cartoon Network got rid of my favorite blocks Toonami and Miguzi.

Miguzi and Toonami were massively popular as was toonamijetstream.com and I still believe that if fans were to band together and boycott Cartoon Network and protest without end that Cartoon Network would bring back our beloved toonami and miguzi.

I really miss Storm Hawks, Class of 3000, Jonny Quest, Pirates of Dark Water, Xiaolin Showdown, Teen Titans, The Batman and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi. I would greatly appreciate if Cartoon Network would bring back those grand shows because I really, really miss them. They were in my opinion what I believe made Cartoon Network really great, a far better channel than Disney Channel and Jetix.

On the other hand I've no idea why Michael Landon abandoned his much beloved and highly successful Little House on the Prairie. That was one incredible program which I still enjoy to view no matter how many times I watch it.

My father continues to talk about a program called Kung-Fu staring David Carradine which I've not seen but would love to view. It bothers me that TV Land and Hallmark refuse to air Kung Fu. I'd rejoice if they'd air the show as it seems to be really good.

So I'd like to hear what you guys have to say in the matter. What do you think and how do you feel about your favorite TV programs?

BTW what exactly can we viewers do to get The CW to air and finish the unfinished AquaMan program that abandoned. How and what can we do to get Cartoon Network to re-air Class of 3000? BTW Atlanta had a Class of 3000 Live event last month. I also think that since Popeyes is all about the jazz and all that they could use Class of 3000 instead of Popeye the sailor as an advertisement force and mascot.

QBComics

Class of 3000 was cancelled probably because of the lawsuit against it. Toonami (as Miguzi, I'm sure) was cancelled because it got low ratings, and Teen Titans finished. Puffy Ami Yumi was cancelled (I don't know why...), and Catscratch still runs n Nicktoons Network, I'm sure. Storm Hawks was either cancelled or it faded away (might I suggest their new show League of Super Evil? It's done by the same people.)

Oh, and The Batman wasn't well received, so I'm sure it was cancelled. That or lack of ratings. I'm also sure that Star Trek: TOS still runs, because my dad records re-runs.

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
First I was complaining about rental movies and the films of 2008 and here I am now complaining about television. :p

To be honest, the stuff talked about here so far has been about cable. Well, some of us don't do cable coz frankly it's too bloody expensive.

I would like Australian TV to put on less crime shows. We have way too many of them: all versions of CSI, NCIS, all versions of Law & Order, Bones, the various true crime shows on both 7 & 9 and all over the Sunday timeslots. In place of this, I would like to see more variety, sitcoms and talk shows as we don't have that many of those. And what we do have tends to be reality TV (mostly imported formats), the magazine style programs that claim to be the news/current affairs (that's really like a "buckets/bouquets" section of local newspaper and selling me crap I don't need), only one night talk/interview show ("Rove"), two soap operas and tons of documentaries. I tend to end up watching the documentaries because I can't stand the magazine shows, "Rove" isn't funny, I'm not into soap opera and sure, I like a crime show, but not so many.

We need more positive, happier programming (nothing stupid, just that sense of fun I'm always looking for). It's enough that I see people hurting and dying in terrible situations in the actual news and then to turn the channel and see a fictious story about people suffering and dying. It's enough to feel numb to it all unless it happens to you. If I'm not seeing others happy or hearing a good story, then how can I feel happy?

RedeemedChild

Violet Indy said:
First I was complaining about rental movies and the films of 2008 and here I am now complaining about television. :p

To be honest, the stuff talked about here so far has been about cable. Well, some of us don't do cable coz frankly it's too bloody expensive.

I would like Australian TV to put on less crime shows. We have way too many of them: all versions of CSI, NCIS, all versions of Law & Order, Bones, the various true crime shows on both 7 & 9 and all over the Sunday timeslots. In place of this, I would like to see more variety, sitcoms and talk shows as we don't have that many of those. And what we do have tends to be reality TV (mostly imported formats), the magazine style programs that claim to be the news/current affairs (that's really like a "buckets/bouquets" section of local newspaper and selling me crap I don't need), only one night talk/interview show ("Rove"), two soap operas and tons of documentaries. I tend to end up watching the documentaries because I can't stand the magazine shows, "Rove" isn't funny, I'm not into soap opera and sure, I like a crime show, but not so many.

We need more positive, happier programming (nothing stupid, just that sense of fun I'm always looking for). It's enough that I see people hurting and dying in terrible situations in the actual news and then to turn the channel and see a fictious story about people suffering and dying. It's enough to feel numb to it all unless it happens to you. If I'm not seeing others happy or hearing a good story, then how can I feel happy?

I agree with you on all the crime garbage. Here in America there are beginning to be way to many crime shows such as Life On Mars, NCIS, CSI, CSI: Miami, Castle, Dollhouse, 24, Law and Order and many, many more.

Television programing seems to get darker and darker which I find very disturbing.

However, there are still some good television programs as well.

BTW QBComics I'm also think that the lawsuit over Class of 3000 might have had something to do with it being removed from Cartoon Network. As for Star Trek TOS I've not really been able to find it on television, it used to be on G4TV but I have not seen it on there in a while.

BTW Violet Indy does Dragon Ball: The Original Series and Naruto air in Australia?

The Magic Rat

RedeemedChild said:
I agree with you on all the crime garbage. Here in America there are beginning to be way to many crime shows such as Life On Mars, NCIS, CSI, CSI: Miami, Castle, Dollhouse, 24, Law and Order and many, many more.

Television programing seems to get darker and darker which I find very disturbing.

BTW QBComics I'm also think that the lawsuit over Class of 3000 might have had something to do with it being removed from Cartoon Network. As for Star Trek TOS I've not really been able to find it on television, it used to be on G4TV but I have not seen it on there in a while.

BTW Violet Indy does Dragon Ball: The Original Series and Naruto air in Australia?

Couple of comments:

You must be young, these shows aren't that old at all! Pining for good times from 5 years ago shouldn't count!

That said, cop shows/crime shows have been a huge part of television since the 70's, it's not that they've taking over now. They do wane and grow in popularity, though.

I wouldn't say television is getting darker, you're just pointing out shows which are. I have to say, though, recalling the late 90's/early 00's I remember how gratuitous the sex and violence was. I think it's taken a bit of a dive, but is still quite excessive.

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
RedeemedChild said:

Dragon Ball used to a while back, now it's gone. Naruto used to a couple of years back as well, but again has been replaced by whatever the latest anime craze is. Australia likes to renew all the time. Nothing stays on for long and no one remembers anything from a couple of years ago.

Mickey Mouse cartoons have only just returned in the last year as has Looney Tunes but it's all Ben 10 and Batman and Hanna fricking Montana.

Cartoons-wise, I pine for Sailor Moon and The Jetsons (was a fan of both as a kid). I never saw Sailor Moon cartoons beyond the end of the series with Rini. I know there's heaps more episodes coz Youtube has tons of parts of episodes but haven't been successful in finding DVD's of them.

I'd love to see "Dinosaurs" or "Alf" back on TV. I used to watch them when I was very little.

In terms of crime TV, I have to agree with Magic Rat that it's a trend at the moment. Film and TV genres often run in cycles. At the moment, the crime genre is at it's peak because it gets ratings. But the more crime shows you put on, the more competition each one has and it's beginning to reach nauseam, which means that audiences will switch off from them and tune into a different genre. Whatever that different genre is that grabs the majority will be the new genre trend and the cycle begins again. Happens all the time.

Morning Bell

I miss the good old days of 90's television, especially Seinfeld and The X-Files. I love Futurama as well and unfortunately that was cancelled in favor of continuing series like Family Guy and The Simpsons, shows that used to be great and have now far out-lived their prime.

Being a kid back then was great: we had shows like Garfield and Friends, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Darkwing Duck. Good times.

Robyn

The Magic Rat said:
Couple of comments:

You must be young, these shows aren't that old at all! Pining for good times from 5 years ago shouldn't count!

I was going to say that too, most of those shows mentioned sounded fairly newer to me, certainly wasn't the good o'l times, not for me anyway lol

Last edited:
Agent Crab said:
I miss Rocko's Modren Life...

Catscratch is one weird show.. Waffles the cat was a favourite, though.
http://raven.theraider.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=421492
My friend watched Cat Scratch i asked him why he liked it so much he said it helps his nerves :eek: he is 17, I think its to silly. I love Avatar the last Airbender i hope they keep airing the show i think its one of the best show out there. I wake up at 6am just to watch the show.
250px-Katara.png

And i love Xiaolin Showdown that was one of my favorite shows, when i heard that they had stopped airing the show I thought all good shows always hast to come to a end and bad show go on.
wpxiaolin800.jpg

Teen Titans GO! i love Teen Titans its a hit for myself as well, why do they have to stop writing the show i ask myself and my friends. Maybe the will starting writing the show again lets hope they do. I was amazed they stopped airing Josh Bernstein: Digging For The Truth the show had just started have fans and a lot of people liked the show, I liked one reason why it reminded me of Indiana Jones a lot with the Fedora he wore on his head:whip: .
joshbernstein.jpg

I would go on but there are so many show that are out there that i like and many other people love that have been canceled.

RedeemedChild

Violet Indy said:
Dragon Ball used to a while back, now it's gone. Naruto used to a couple of years back as well, but again has been replaced by whatever the latest anime craze is. Australia likes to renew all the time. Nothing stays on for long and no one remembers anything from a couple of years ago.

Mickey Mouse cartoons have only just returned in the last year as has Looney Tunes but it's all Ben 10 and Batman and Hanna fricking Montana.

Cartoons-wise, I pine for Sailor Moon and The Jetsons (was a fan of both as a kid). I never saw Sailor Moon cartoons beyond the end of the series with Rini. I know there's heaps more episodes coz Youtube has tons of parts of episodes but haven't been successful in finding DVD's of them.

I'd love to see "Dinosaurs" or "Alf" back on TV. I used to watch them when I was very little.

In terms of crime TV, I have to agree with Magic Rat that it's a trend at the moment. Film and TV genres often run in cycles. At the moment, the crime genre is at it's peak because it gets ratings. But the more crime shows you put on, the more competition each one has and it's beginning to reach nauseam, which means that audiences will switch off from them and tune into a different genre. Whatever that different genre is that grabs the majority will be the new genre trend and the cycle begins again. Happens all the time.

I like your tastes when it comes to television programs VioletIndy. BTW Naruto, Dragon Ball, Flash Gordon, Superman, Iron Man, Wolverine and the X-Men are what's really popular here in America at the moment along with Hannah Montana, The Simpsons, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver and The Jonas Brothers.

BTW The Magic Rat your right regarding my age, I was born in 1988. BTW I do understand that television goes through cycles. Adam 12 and Hawaii Five-O are prime examples of crime shows that were the mainstay of viewers in olden days before my time. I find Adam 12 to be very nice surprisingly.

object>

As far as The Jetsons are concerned VioletIndy I've never really been able to watch it, but I do admire what I've seen of the program.

I also really like the old Jonny Quest and I hope to be able to watch The Jetsons and Jonny Quest again before the new movies are released next year. I hope the new Jonny Quest and The Jetsons movies will be as good as the Speed Racer movie we got year before last year. I'm really praying this new J.J. Abrams Star Trek will be good and faithful to the Star Trek TOS because that last "this is not your fathers Star Trek" TV Spot was awful.

To honest William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Patrick Stewart truly cannot be replaced for they are the heart and soul of Star Trek.

StarTrek_PineinChair-thumb-500x318-14416.jpg

Nurhachi1991

I miss 90s shows.............. Kennan and Kel was pretty funny and does anyone remember Are you Afraid of the dark?

I stopped likeing kid orientated cartoons after Hey Arnold and Rugrats stopped showing. Kids shows nowadays just dumb down children.

The Drifter

Nurhachi1991 said:
I miss 90s shows.............. Kennan and Kel was pretty funny and does anyone remember Are you Afraid of the dark?

I stopped likeing kid orientated cartoons after Hey Arnold and Rugrats stopped showing. Kids shows nowadays just dumb down children.

Yes, I remember Are You Afraid of the Dark, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, and Kennan and Kel.
Also, I loved Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, and Doug. I also used to watch Saved By the Bell, Boy Meets World, and all the dumb shows that aired on TGIF.

RedeemedChild said:
I like your tastes when it comes to television programs VioletIndy. BTW Naruto, Dragon Ball, Flash Gordon, Superman, Iron Man, Wolverine and the X-Men are what's really popular here in America at the moment along with Hannah Montana, The Simpsons, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver and The Jonas Brothers.

BTW The Magic Rat your right regarding my age, I was born in 1988. BTW I do understand that television goes through cycles. Adam 12 and Hawaii Five-O are prime examples of crime shows that were the mainstay of viewers in olden days before my time. I find Adam 12 to be very nice surprisingly.

object>

As far as The Jetsons are concerned VioletIndy I've never really been able to watch it, but I do admire what I've seen of the program.

I also really like the old Jonny Quest and I hope to be able to watch The Jetsons and Jonny Quest again before the new movies are released next year. I hope the new Jonny Quest and The Jetsons movies will be as good as the Speed Racer movie we got year before last year. I'm really praying this new J.J. Abrams Star Trek will be good and faithful to the Star Trek TOS because that last "this is not your fathers Star Trek" TV Spot was awful.

To honest William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Patrick Stewart truly cannot be replaced for they are the heart and soul of Star Trek.

StarTrek_PineinChair-thumb-500x318-14416.jpg

I like the Jetson's its pretty funny. Ben 10, Ben 10 Alien Force is the best show on cartoon network, and i like Johny Test now that show is really funny but it can be really dumb sometimes, i think the show is parody of Jonny Quest. . I hope they never stop writing Ben 10, i hope they keep going the way they are and never mess the show up.

Jonny Quest is one of my favorite shows i have only seen two episodes because it is so hard to find the episode's online or at the library.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:

What America are you living in where Andy Griffith and Jerry Mathers have that much popularity?

The Drifter

Attila the Professor said:
What America are you living in where Andy Griffith and Jerry Mathers have that much popularity?

I love the Andy Griffith Show. But, I despise Leave It To Beaver.

DocWhiskey

Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver are boring as hell to me. Dick Van Dyke and All in the Family is where it's at.

Stoo

RedeemedChild said:
Adam 12 and Hawaii Five-O are prime examples of crime shows that were the mainstay of viewers in olden days before my time. I find Adam 12 to be very nice surprisingly.
If you like "Adam-12", you might like "Dragnet" and "Emergency!". All produced by Jack Webb (star of "Dragnet"). He also produced a cool, short-lived series called, "Project: UFO" about the USAF's Project Blue Book which I would LOVE to see again. Now, those are what one calls CLASSICS.;)