Bring back the classic, we miss those good times!

Which shows and entertainment blocks do you want back?

• Class of 3000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teen Titans

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Toonami

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Jonny Quest: The Original Series

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Pirates of Dark Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SciFi's Flash Gordon

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

The Drifter

RedeemedChild said:
Well Lonesome Drifter, I'm sure you've been following Jerry Bruckheimer and his lasted project The Prince of Persia. Now after seeing what he has done so far with The Prince of Persia how do you feel now, as of today about him helming Conan the Barbarian. BTW what is Dragon Lance? Is it a newer adaption of Dungeons and Dragons?

I would not mind him taking the reins for a new Conan movie. I don't really care who does it as long as they stay true to Robert E. Howard's work.
And, DragonLance is another realm from DnD set in the land of Krynn. There are the first three books from the series that tale of the first hero's adventures. I suggest you read them.

deckard24

I gotta say I'm a little confused by the choices in the poll! With the exception of Johnny Quest, aren't these shows a little new to be considered "classics"?

I don't know what the official cut-off would be to deem a show or movie a classic, but I would guess at least 20+ years.

Dragnet, The Six Million Dollar Man, In Search Of, Kung Fu, Hogan's Heroes, these are more in line with what I was thinking, and go back a lot further then 5-10 years.

deckard24 said:
I gotta say I'm a little confused by the choices in the poll! With the exception of Johnny Quest, aren't these shows a little new to be considered "classics"?

I don't know what the official cut-off would be to deem a show or movie a classic, but I would guess at least 20+ years.

The Six Million Dollar Man, In Search Of, Kung Fu, Hogan's Heroes, these are more in line with what I was thinking, and go back a lot further then 5-10 years.

Cheers to that...and The Munsters, Star Trek,

RedeemedChild

deckard24 said:

Dragnet, The Six Million Dollar Man, In Search Of, Kung Fu, Hogan's Heroes, these are more in line with what I was thinking, and go back a lot further then 5-10 years.

Well you do have a very good point there. However, when I made the poll I was primarily concerned with the direction in which Cartoon Network was going as from a very early age I've always admired animation and thought that Cartoon Network was one of the best television stations airing good, clean and high quality animated programs like Speed Racer, Jonny Quest and Samurai Jack along with the major CN hallmark Dexter's Laboratory.

However I also have heard people (my contemporaries, youth, young adults) referring to the some of the programs in the poll as "classics" and I do hope that you agree with me that most if not all of the current programs on Cartoon Network (i.e. 6Teen, Flapjack, Total Drama Island) and other TV stations such as Dancing With the Stars, Drawn Together, Wipeout, Gay, Straight or Taken, Tyra and Desperate Housewives is pure "garbage".

Television programing has gone in a downward spiral and I miss good quality and wholesome entertainment that the "whole family" can gather around.

But to answer you, yes I agree that Bonanza, The Ten Million Dollar Man, Green Acres and Laredo are more classic to those who are older than I and my peers. And no worries for I indeed enjoy and like programs like Laredo and Buck Rogers.

BTW I do feel that Pirates of Dark Water is indeed a classic that deserves a revival and SciFi's Flash Gordon was quite good in my opinion. I've never really seen the the original Flash Gordon but I have read at lest two or three original Flash Gordon classic comic strips and felt as if SciFi's Flash Gordon was inline with those original comics. However I'm open to your thoughts deckard24.

Agent Crab

Cartoon Network went down hill eons ago. Stuff like Johnny Bravo, Courage, Dexter and so on were great shows. Total Drama BS. Flapjack, CN's live action TV programs and Chowder are really lame. The only good show that came from Cartoon Network now was Transformers Animated; but that ended it's run. It's a shame, it was a really good show. I could care less about Adult Swim.

Boomerang does air older CN shows and will air Loony Toons, Tom and Jerry and so on as well.

Shows on Fox Kids were great as well. In the early 90's, there was Bobby's World, Peter Pan and the Pirates, Eek the Cat and even Tiny Toons. Even NBC showed good cartoons, before it ended it's cartoon blocks on Saturday in the early 90's.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
Cartoon Network went down hill eons ago. Stuff like Johnny Bravo, Courage, Dexter and so on were great shows. Total Drama BS. Flapjack, CN's live action TV programs and Chowder are really lame. The only good show that came from Cartoon Network now was Transformers Animated; but that ended it's run. It's a shame, it was a really good show. I could care less about Adult Swim.

Boomerang does air older CN shows and will air Loony Toons, Tom and Jerry and so on as well.

Shows on Fox Kids were great as well. In the early 90's, there was Bobby's World, Peter Pan and the Pirates, Eek the Cat and even Tiny Toons. Even NBC showed good cartoons, before it ended it's cartoon blocks on Saturday in the early 90's.

Yes, I also liked and enjoyed Transformers Animated. I to liked FOX Box which I believe is now know as 4kidsTV which airs on the CW.

I never knew that SciFi (now know as SyFy) had an animated program block but I wonder if they will restore it now that SyFy has begun a campaign to attract younger viewers with programs like last year's Tin Man and the upcoming Alice in Wonderland mini series entitled Alice. I do appreciate that they do air "classic" programs like The Twilight Zone and Star Trek and I hope that this trend will continue, perhaps they will even begin to air the original classic Star Wars trilogy and reruns of Star Wars Clone Wars The Micro-Series, Irwin Allen's classic and beloved Lost in Space and The Time Tunnel along with Land of the Giants.

Agent Crab

It's 4Kids TV now. It was first Fox kids, then FoxBox, then 4Kids. Sci Fi Cartoon Quest showed alot of decent cartoons such as Transformers, Bionic Six, Ewoks, Droids and so on. USA Cartoon Express aired GI Joe, Real Ghost Busters and even GO-BOTS. Sci Fi also aired some decent anime. Not that **** on Cartoon Network.

RedeemedChild

I miss G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero and G.I. Joe Sigma 6.

Hopefully the creators of Teen Titans, Ben10 and Justice League: The Final Frontier can come together to create a new animated G.I. Joe television series that would have a tone similar to that of Star Wars The Clone Wars and at the same time carry the same spirit of the classic 1960's G.I. Joe.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
I miss G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero and G.I. Joe Sigma 6.

Hopefully the creators of Teen Titans, Ben10 and Justice League: The Final Frontier can come together to create a new animated G.I. Joe television series that would have a tone similar to that of Star Wars The Clone Wars and at the same time carry the same spirit of the classic 1960's G.I. Joe.

Would G.I Joe Resolute Tickle your fancy?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/plAojf-KVog&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/plAojf-KVog&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Agent Crab

Nurhachi1991 said:
I only miss the G.I. Joe from the 80s I really did not care for the Sigma 6

YO JOE!!!!!

G.I Joe Resolute is pretty close to the orginals. Sigma 6 was overly silly.

RedeemedChild

G.I. Joe Resolute is a LOT better than the new G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra movie.

However it's to Naruto-esque at times, but still at lest it's something that will give children of today an image of the G.I. Joe that we grew up with that's a lot like that of the classic cartoon G.I. Joe Real American Hero.

BTW some felt that Transformers: Animated was to silly, however I enjoyed it and I view G.I. Joe Sigma 6 the same way. It was nice take on the G.I. Joe saga in my opinion.

On that other hand I've noticed people are taking a renewed interest in Astro Boy. Do any of you guys think that the 2003 Astro Boy anime was better than the classic Astro Boy that my parents grew up with?

Nurhachi1991

RedeemedChild said:
G.I. Joe Resolute is a LOT better than the new G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra movie.

However it's to Naruto-esque at times, but still at lest it's something that will give children of today an image of the G.I. Joe that we grew up with that's a lot like that of the classic cartoon G.I. Joe Real American Hero.

BTW some felt that Transformers: Animated was to silly, however I enjoyed it and I view G.I. Joe Sigma 6 the same way. It was nice take on the G.I. Joe saga in my opinion.

On that other hand I've noticed people are taking a renewed interest in Astro Boy. Do any of you guys think that the 2003 Astro Boy anime was better than the classic Astro Boy that my parents grew up with?

Why did you not like the movie? Without spoiling anything

Agent Crab

Compairing a ****ty anime like Naruto to GI Joe makes me wanna rampage and ravage the land...

Sigma 6 was redeeming in the silliness factor, while Transformers Animated threw in random refernces to G1 and Beast Wars. TF Animated was well written, comapired to most cartoons geared for children and animes alone. It was a hell of a lot better than Robots in Disguse.

There's been differnt versions of Ninja Turtles. You had the Dark Comics, The 4Kids version of Ninja Turtles which was pretty dark, The 80's version, a 90's version.

Same with the Real Ghost Busters.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
Compairing a ****ty anime like Naruto to GI Joe makes me wanna rampage and ravage the land...

Sigma 6 was redeeming in the silliness factor, while Transformers Animated threw in random refernces to G1 and Beast Wars. TF Animated was well written, comapired to most cartoons geared for children and animes alone. It was a hell of a lot better than Robots in Disguse.

There's been differnt versions of Ninja Turtles. You had the Dark Comics, The 4Kids version of Ninja Turtles which was pretty dark, The 80's version, a 90's version.

Same with the Real Ghost Busters.

Yeah brother! I really enjoyed Transformers Animated. In fact I've downloaded the pilot episode of Transformers Animated and all the episodes of G.I. Joe Resolute to my PSP.

On the other hand please don't ever call Naruto ***** again. Naruto is one of the greatest, most popular and well loved hallmarks of incredible and spectacular anime worldwide and it was Naruto along with Dragon Ball, LOTR and Harry Potter that inspired and helped spawn the new American successful mimic of anime Avatar The Last Airbender. And it is also Naruto that has influenced the new and upcoming anime Halo Legends. So please don't beat up on Naruto.

Agent Crab

Naruto is hardly a great anime. Don't tell me not to bash on it. It's called an opinion. It's a poorly done anime with a plot that drags on and on and on and on and on... Like DBZ. DBZ is far better, but Naruto is horrid. You honestly can't tell a person not to harp on Naruto. People have opinions.

If you wanna fawn all over Naruto, go to an anime forum, where you can get on your high horse and tell people that it don't blow.

Compairing the scenes with Stormshadow and Snake eyes to a piece of crap like Naruto is lame. Naruto isn't even a decent anime. It's a low brow anime.

Agent Crab said:
Naruto is hardly a great anime. Don't tell me not to bash on it. It's called an opinion. It's a poorly done anime with a plot that drags on and on and on and on and on... Like DBZ. DBZ is far better, but Naruto is horrid. You honestly can't tell a person not to harp on Naruto. People have opinions.

If you wanna fawn all over Naruto, go to an anime forum, where you can get on your high horse and tell people that it don't blow.

Compairing the scenes with Stormshadow and Snake eyes to a piece of crap like Naruto is lame. Naruto isn't even a decent anime. It's a low brow anime.

What is your blanking blanking problem i guess you forgot there are fans out there who like the show very much AND I'M ONE OF THEM. GiJoe is hog wash to me who's ever herd of a Ninja called SnakEyes in the blanking military. We don't have ninjas in the military we have Special OPS and Navy Seals and then we have local Police SWATS but noo blanking Ninjas. I have nothing against Ninjas BTW i love Ninjas!!!!!! BTW i liked your old icon Agent this icon is freaky and it does not fit you personality. T_T

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:

Well you do have a point. And yes, I'm sorry you are entitled to your own opinion Agent Crab.

BTW I love Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

Agent Crab

IndyWolf15 said:
What is your blanking blanking problem i guess you forgot there are fans out there who like the show very much AND I'M ONE OF THEM. GiJoe is hog wash to me who's ever herd of a Ninja called SnakEyes in the blanking military. We don't have ninjas in the military we have Special OPS and Navy Seals and then we have local Police SWATS but noo blanking Ninjas. I have nothing against Ninjas BTW i love Ninjas!!!!!! BTW i liked your old icon Agent this icon is freaky and it does not fit you personality. T_T

Who has heard or seen a Ninja run around in Orange and act like he had some sort of hyper issues? It seems Farfetched as the Ninjas in the Military.

GI Joe and Naruto are fictional shows.

Indywolf.

People have opinons. Not everyone likes Naruto, GI Joe, etc. Naruto isn't really a "Ninja" show. It's "Fruity Pebbles" Ninjas. Wnat a real ninja? Watch a real ninja show.

This isn't a Naruto forum, though. If you really wanna go discuss how great Naruto is, please go to an anime or a Naruto forum. If someone dislikes it... BIG DEAL! Get over the fact I don't like Naruto.

@ Reedeem - I do belive the DiC Episodes of GI Joe give more background on the two said characters.