Obama's speech to Muslims

monkey

I watched and listened to President Obama's Speech at Cairo University.

Great Speech!! GREAT President!!!

I am so very proud of my President, Mr. Barak Hussein Obama.

I think that maybe we can finally, really move forward.

The Nightmare is over. We now have a REAL President of the United States of AMERICA!!!

The World can now move forward!

I am sorry if I am overly dramatic, but really, it is such a change from the nightmare that we have suffered through under... bush, ..that I find it difficult to contain my emotions.

The United States of America, after suffering the WORST President EVER for the last 8 years, now has what may be one of the GREATEST Presidents ever.

I fully support Mr. Obama!!

I hope that the rest of my fellow Americans do so also.

And as to Muslims: Many Americans like myself feel the same way, we have no fight with the Muslim peoples of the world. We seek a Better understanding.

Much hatred has been sewn over these past 8 years. This hatred has been intentionally sewn by those who benefit by hatred between America and the Islamic world.

(YOU know who YOU are).

Most Americans are good people who do NOT hate.

Allah, Salaam Alaika (please forgive the spelling).

Peace. And Free the Prisoners of Guantanamo!!

Pale Horse

Staff member
A Few Good Men

Hmmmm... transfer Santiago. Yes, I'm sure you're right. I'm sure that's the thing to do. Wait a minute, I have a better idea. Let's transfer the whole squad off the base. Let's... On second thought, Windward! Let's transfer the whole Windward Division off the base. John, go on out there get those boys down off the fence, they're packing their bags...Get me the President on the phone right away. We're surrendering our position in Cuba! Wait a minute, ...don't get the President just yet. Maybe we should consider this a second....Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, maybe, we have a responsibility as officers to train Pvt. Santiago. Maybe we as officers have a responsibility to this country to see to it that the men and women charged with its security are trained professionals. Yes, I'm certain I remember reading that somewhere once. And now I'm thinking, Col. Markinson, that your suggestion of transferring Santiago, while expeditious and certainly painless, might not be, in a matter of speaking, the American way. Santiago stays where he is. We're gonna train the lad!

Whoops! Wrong thread.

RedeemedChild

I'm with you my friend.

I'm so excited about Obama's speech. If only someone could provide a link to the full speech so that I can hear the entire speech. I keep getting the first half of the speech on NBC and NPR and the BBC.

Out of all of Obama recent speeches this is one of the greatest and most elegant and yet diplomatic speeches that Obama has given.

Live Long and Prosper.

The Man

ahmadinejad-grimace.jpg

"Meh."

Say what you will, but the extremists aren't going to let go.
But we should let them free because there's NO reason they are being detained...no reason at all. Americans just love to transport free and innocent people and torture them in the Caribbean.(n)

Let them go! They're innocent! They are political prisoners!:rolleyes:

Go tell that to the residents of your local Veteran's Hospital.(y)

A new audio tape from Osama bin Laden criticizes President Barack Obama for planting seeds of "hatred and vengeance toward Americans" and warns of "new long wars."

In the message, Bin Laden accuses Mr. Obama of ordering Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari to "prevent the people of Swat from implementing the Shari’a law by fighting and killing them through bombings and destruction. This has led one million Muslims, elderly people, women and children, to flee their homes and villages and live in tents after they’d been living with dignity in their homes.

"This simply means that Obama and his administration have planted new seeds of hatred and vengeance toward America," the translated message continues. "The number of these seeds equates that of those who have suffered and been made homeless in the Swat valley and the tribal areas in northern and southern Waziristan as well as those who sympathize with them.

"In this manner, Obama appears to have followed the same path taken by his predecessor, in creating more enmity towards Muslims, and adding on to the fighting enemies, thus paving the way for new long wars.

"Let the American people prepare to continue harvesting what their White House leaders grow, in the years and decades to come."

Good for the President, what he's doing needs to be done.

Though I fear while he discovers the reasons things are the way they are we ,(which is why so many of the Bush policies remain...for better or for worse), this time will serve as a fact finding administration and not much more.

Let's hope that's not the case.

Get the IRA out there and kick the Taliban's ass!
Dig a nice pit, shower them in pigs blood then light em up!
Screw the Guantanamo prisoners...

RedeemedChild

Attila the Professor said:
Here's a link to the thing.

Thank you so MUCH Attila! If I were able to I'd trow my arms around your neck and give you the biggest hug I'm capable of delivering and then for good measure I'd sign a bill of Brotherhoodness.

Live Long and Prosper.

sgttom

The United States of America, after suffering the WORST President EVER for the last 8 years, now has what may be one of the GREATEST Presidents ever.
The United States of America, after enjoying one of the GREATEST PRESIDENTS EVER for the last 8 years, now has to what may be one of the WORST Presidents ever.

Big difference in opinions lol
Though really the Muslims that are giving us trouble aren't going to change because Obama buttered them up in a speech.

I agree I'm watching his speech right now it is very good. I don't care what anyone says but you just have to love him. He has class he speaks, he has humor he is the best president we have ever ever had!

sgttom said:
The United States of America, after enjoying one of the GREATEST PRESIDENTS EVER for the last 8 years, now has to what may be one of the WORST Presidents ever.

Though really the Muslims that are giving us trouble aren't going to change because Obama buttered them up in a speech.

AGREED!

He is doing the right thing reaching out...but don'tmake him out to be something he's not.

You nay sayers and kool aid drinkers check out this sight. While not the be all end all, its a good place to start.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/

RedeemedChild

sgttom said:

If you were in elementary school you'd be put in Special Ed. If you think that George W. Bush was the greatest President then you've been drinking some kind of happy juice and chewing flubacco. Geroge W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Newt Gingrich are all cukes and flukes.

In my opinion George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson along with FDR were the greatest Presidents that we've ever had.

sgttom

In my opinion George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson along with FDR were the greatest Presidents that we've ever had.
Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson were all great presidents, but its really impossible to compare them to Presidents of modern day. We have new problems, new evils, and new ideas that are being fought. I wouldn't say Bush was the greatest but I like him a lot.

Short Round

It's so sad how excited people get over Obama's petty speeches.

"Much hatred has been sewn over these past 8 years."
Yeah, by liberals toward our President, George W. Bush.

"Peace. And Free the Prisoners of Guantanamo!!"
This guy is an absolute joke. Is another attack on our soil gonna be the only thing to prove to you how wrong and stupid this comment is.

"Out of all of Obama recent speeches this is one of the greatest and most elegant and yet diplomatic speeches that Obama has given."
See, this is the problem. People love Obama's speeches that he reads from the teleprompter so much that they ignore what he ACTUALLY does, or doesn't I should say.

"Say what you will, but the extremists aren't going to let go.
But we should let them free because there's NO reason they are being detained...no reason at all. Americans just love to transport free and innocent people and torture them in the Caribbean."
Exactly Rocket, it is amazing how ignorant some liberals are.

"I agree I'm watching his speech right now it is very good. I don't care what anyone says but you just have to love him. He has class he speaks, he has humor he is the best president we have ever ever had!"
hahahhahahahahahahahahahaha. This is actually some people's mentality. He can speak! He is the best president ever! If anyone thinks he is even in the top 25 presidents of all time, they have no idea what they are talking about.

"In my opinion George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson along with FDR were the greatest Presidents that we've ever had."
Maybe you'd be put in special ed. for believing FDR is the greatest president of all time. Wasn't FDR the one who put the Japanese in internment camps? Yeah he was. But liberals seem to forget that, don't they?

So far, Obama has done NOTHING but give speeches full of rhetoric with no substance. He is making America appear weak and America is not going to put up with it much longer.

sgttom

I fully agree with your post Short Round. Though I have to dissagree with this one.
He is making America appear weak and America is not going to put up with it much longer.
That's what I'd like to think but unfortunately it seems many Americans not only will put up with it but also praise it.
"I've come here to Cairo to seek a new beginning"
I am sorry Mr. President but its not going to happen, the terrorists that attacked the twin towers aren't going to have a peace treaty. They will fight to their deaths. The history of the Muslim religion is one of fear, hate, and power. The Muslims convert people by shoving a gun behind their back that's their tradition and its not going to change. I don't agree with Bush for invading Iraq. However this speech in Cairo is silliness its not going to change or spark a change to anything.

Short Round said:
It's so sad how excited people get over Obama's petty speeches.

"Out of all of Obama recent speeches this is one of the greatest and most elegant and yet diplomatic speeches that Obama has given."
See, this is the problem. People love Obama's speeches that he reads from the teleprompter so much that they ignore what he ACTUALLY does, or doesn't I should say.

"Say what you will, but the extremists aren't going to let go.
But we should let them free because there's NO reason they are being detained...no reason at all. Americans just love to transport free and innocent people and torture them in the Caribbean."
Exactly Rocket, it is amazing how ignorant some liberals are.

"I agree I'm watching his speech right now it is very good. I don't care what anyone says but you just have to love him.

So far, Obama has done NOTHING but give speeches full of rhetoric with no substance. He is making America appear weak and America is not going to put up with it much longer.

The germans loved what Hitler had to say too!

With onehand I stoke the flames...

But seriously folks, they are politicians...ALL ofthem right and left.
They tell youwhat you want to hear to get your vote.

I'm an Independent but registered Republican, and Bush Jr was a nightmare. I have a real problem withhim spending like a liberal democrat. Throwing money at a problem doesnt solve anything. Mission Accomplished! What a D-BAG!

Keep laughing Obama-mites, your precious hasn't done much but morgage your future...enjoy paying taxes do ya? Well your precious liberals do not.

The difference between Jesus and Obama? Jesus could assemble a cabinet.

Transparent administration? No earmarks, no pork, no special intrests or lobbyists in this administration! What a D-BAG.

Mission Accomplished...retards,keep praising the liars.

Bailouts without stipulations, charging the bailouts to a credit card our taxes fund to pay millions in bonuses to failed executives, great strategy.

Again I encourage all of you to go to politifact.com and see what you think of the track record of your political heroes.

As long as they can blame each other, nothing gets done.

sgttom said:
"I've come here to Cairo to seek a new beginning"
I am sorry Mr. President but its not going to happen, the terrorists that attacked the twin towers aren't going to have a peace treaty. They will fight to their deaths. The history of the Muslim religion is one of fear, hate, and power. The Muslims convert people by shoving a gun behind their back that's their tradition and its not going to change. I don't agree with Bush for invading Iraq. However this speech in Cairo is silliness its not going to change or spark a change to anything.

Because you think it can't happen doesn't mean it should not be tried. When Obama has to bomb the hell out of them, (like Clinton did to get Lewinsky off the front pages) at least he'll have tried, so he'll say.

Defining all of Islam by the actions of Muslim extremists is like saying all Catholics endorse killing abortion doctors and does you and your arguments a great disservice.

Diplomacy is the first step...

Last edited:

sgttom

The Muslims convert people by shoving a gun behind their back that's their tradition and its not going to change.
I'll admit I made a mistake by saying "they will never change". I have no way of knowing they will never change so I made a false statement.
Defining all of Islam by the actions of Muslim extremists is like saying all Catholics endorse killing abortion doctors and does you and your arguments a great disservice.
Yes your statement is true. What I was trying to say was Obama's speech isn't going to change a Muslim Extremist or help the hopeless situation in the Middle East. I am not trying to stereotype the Muslims as all Terrorist extremists who massacre helpless civilians. I have to say a couple murderings of Abortion doctors is much different then the attack on the twin towers or any of the other massacres the Terrorists have committed.

Last edited:
sgttom said:
I have to say a couple murderings of Abortion doctors is much different then the attack on the twin towers or any of the other massacres the Terrorists have committed.

I'm not quantifying it, merely pointing out the penchant for extremists to twist the teachings of a faith to support their self serving agendas.

I would like to believe the words of hope...but human nature being what it is, I won't be a willing victim.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
He who wishes peace, should prepare war

Niteshade007

Short Round said:
"Peace. And Free the Prisoners of Guantanamo!!"
This guy is an absolute joke. Is another attack on our soil gonna be the only thing to prove to you how wrong and stupid this comment is.

If torture worked wouldn't we have Bin Ladden? But since there hasn't been another terrorist attack on our soil, the system works.

WilliamBoyd8

We recently had a terrorist attack in Arkansas and another one in Kansas.

I guess that these two states are not on "American soil".

:)