Michael Jackson Dead(?)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
I hear people say that EO is only back because Disney is going to put in a whole new show and there putting EO in while they work on it. Also Disney brought back that Abe Lincoln thing

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was never really gone, though. Just being refurbed - though they did revive the older version of it somewhat, yes.

The fact remains, though, that they could have just kept Honey there until they have the new thing going. So it's still noteworthy.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
This is clearly a timely choice, and who knows how long it will last for. I'm fairly indifferent as far as Michael Jackson goes, but a Disney park actually reviving something from its past? Color me impressed.

Having been in their employ many years ago, I can say, you'd be surprised at what (and who) they recycle there.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Most certainly, but it goes well beyond that too.

When I was there, I worked at the French Market Restaurant. At that time, above that restaurant, there was a 'vault' of sorts. <-- {Read storage space}. The entire top floor was filled with Disney 'junk' from as far back as the 1960's. I was too naive at the time; but looking back, I certainly should have pilfered some stuff anticipating the soon to come EBay explosion. I'd be rich, today. I read too, somewhere that there is a facility in Burbank (I believe) that holds huge amounts of 'stuff'....just waiting to be unearthed again.

Belloq would have a field day, holding that 'HISTORY'.

While there certainly is a plasticine persona about much of the decor there, a good deal of stuff is always being reused and recycled.

Le Saboteur

If you haven't seen it yet, the Mice Chatters have their coverage of the Captain EO re-opening up on their site.

cap_eo.jpg-thumb-412x638-15207.jpg

DocWhiskey

Pretty cool indeed. Haven't seen it in years!

Anyone want to donate a plane ticket from Chicago to California to the DocWhiskey fund.?

Joosse

You know, when I read the title I was hoping that there was going to be evidence to the contrary in the thread...

;)

Nurhachi1991

I have seen Captain EO about 10 times haha I went to the cast screening 3 weeks before it opened and was there opening day in full MJ gear but there was some guy dressed as the BAD Michael and he even had the Jheri Curl.....

Haha Doc if you can get down there I will get you in for free(y)

tambourineman

Man I'd kill for a copy of that poster.

Finally got around to watching 'This Is It' today. Jackson was in great form! What amazing concerts they would have been.

Sorry gals...and guys, though I promised myself I would let things lie and not interject in your fan zone conversation anymore, the resurrection of this thread and an article I'm just now reading have made it impossible. This is from the man in the hat himself:

Some years ago you said, "The last thing we need is another 100,000 people running around endangered places in Michael Jackson T-shirts." Tourism is now arguably the largest industry on the planet—far larger than Hollywood. Do you think it can be harnessed as an eco-opportunity?

HF: Well, I still have trepidation about bringing all these people to untrammeled wilderness. But it's proven to be an educational tool that's affected the people who've made those trips. They come away as more critical partners in conservation. My concern wasn't the tourists in Michael Jackson T-shirts, but the indigenous people who would end up wearing them.

Nurhachi1991

Ok and thats bashing Michael how Rocket?

and I have 2 copys of the poster haha

and technicly Michael was the man in the hat before Indy..... just saying haha

Sharkey

Nurhachi1991 said:
Ok and thats bashing Michael how Rocket?

and I have 2 copys of the poster haha

Uh, technically speaking MJ was never a man! Anyone who wears more make-up off camera then on is not a man baby!

Stoo

Nurhachi1991 said:
Technically, no. The video for "Billie Jean" came out in 1983.;)

Joosse

Sharkey said:
Uh, technically speaking MJ was never a man! Anyone who wears more make-up off camera then on is not a man baby!

Hm.

I saw an Australian stand-up comedian the other day who had an interesting take on what a 'real man' was.

According to him, heterosexual men weren't real men, because they wanted all these soft and girly women to have sex with.

Homosexuals were real men, because they at least wanted to do it with blokes!

Now I'm not saying I agree, but he raises an interesting point, wouldn't you say? ;)

Nurhachi1991

Sharkey said:

Michael was more of a man than you will ever be baby!

I mean seriously the countless charities he organized the money he gave the time he spent with his fans

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iwimKsLJTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iwimKsLJTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is a man if I ever saw one

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

Stoo said:
Technically, no. The video for "Billie Jean" came out in 1983.;)

Technically yes Michael said he had a fasination for hats long before his Billie Jean days. He sported a Fedora all the time as a kind and wore one during the Destiny Tour I believe which was before Indy came out

Stoo

Nurhachi1991 said:
He sported a Fedora all the time as a kind...
I'm assuming you meant to write, 'kid', but technically, a kid is not a man. Categorically, the adult Jacko is most very likely, one of the worst examples of a "man" there is to choose from.:p
Nurhachi1991 said:
...and wore one during the Destiny Tour I believe which was before Indy came out
Think about it, though. How many people saw that tour vs. the MILLIONS of people who saw the "Billie Jean" video over and over and over and over and over, ad nauseum...:sick: