Michael Jackson Dead(?)

WillKill4Food

I really find it hard to care about this. Never been a fan of his music, and when you take into consideration the other 150-some thousand people who die every day, this really pales in comparison.

bennihana123 said:
Wow. The King of Pop. :(
It seems that now Pepsi and Coca-Cola will be fighting over that title.

WillKill4Food said:
I really find it hard to care about this. Never been a fan of his music, and when you take into consideration the other 150-some thousand people who die every day, this really pales in comparison. It seems that now Pepsi and Coca-Cola will be fighting over that title.

The only thing good to come out of this is that you and I agree on something Will!(y)

So it's not all in vain...

WillKill4Food

Rocket Surgeon said:
The only thing good to come out of this is that you and I agree on something Will!(y)

So it's not all in vain...
I was actually thinking the same thing. We probably agree on other things, but those things just aren't interesting enough to talk about.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Enough with the kissy-kissy you two! :sick:

It should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world...

You on the other hand should go back to your music collection and rethink some things...Dancing Queen INDEED!

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
It should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world...

You on the other hand should go back to your music collection and rethink some things...Dancing Queen INDEED!

You're the one who did not want to go all Harvey Milk in PM, right? But, all I see is two men frolicking through the daisies about agreeing to be happy about someone's death.
Go post in your trivia thread noone reads.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
You're the one who did not want to go all Harvey Milk in PM, right? But, all I see is two men frolicking through the daisies about agreeing to be happy about someone's death.
Go post in your trivia thread noone reads.

Ha ha ha ha! Aw come on now! That's right, two guys burying the hatchet and all you see is homoerotism, (pun intended).

As you write, it's all YOU see, however there's not an inkling of joy in those posts. Wonder, yes, disgust, yes...but not happiness.

Ouch, there's a difference between reading and answering...but you'll figure that out. Maybe.

Oh, you read it all right, you can't help yourself!

Come on Will there are some nice daisies over there...to many pansies around here...

Last edited:

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Ha ha ha ha! Aw come on now! That's right, two guys burying the hatchet and all you see is homoerotism, (pun intended).

As you write, it's all YOU see, however there's not an inkling of joy in those posts. Wonder, yes, disgust, yes...but not happiness.

Ouch, there's a difference between reading and answering...but you'll figure that out. Maybe.

Oh, you read it all right, you can't help yourself!

I'm really just messing around with you Rocket. I'm sitting here watching The George Lopez Show and listening to my manly, macho music and bored. I can't find many threads that pique my interest to post in, so I came in this one. Carry on good lad, carry on.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I'm really just messing around with you Rocket. I'm sitting here watching The George Lopez Show and listening to my manly, macho music and bored. I can't find many threads that pique my interest to post in, so I came in this one. Carry on good lad, carry on.

Me too...Cheers!

sandiegojones

Wow. I'm so surprised by this! Like Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Transformers, I grew up with Michael Jackson's music in the 1980's. Too bad he had such a troubled life. I enjoyed his music, though I never could imagine him being 60 or 70 years old.

WillKill4Food

Lonsome_Drifter said:
But, all I see is two men frolicking through the daisies about agreeing to be happy about someone's death.
I'm not happy about it. I just think it's crazy that this is what the news media, and just about everyone else in America, will think and talk about tonight and tomorrow.

A wrinkly supermodel and a washed-up pop-star die, and all the world's in shock, crying over their two idols.

This is what passes for urgent matters these days.

That cap-and-trade bill the House of Representatives is voting on tomorrow, it doesn't matter. What will it do? Help the environment? Deepen the recession? It just doesn't matter which it does, I suppose, because it didn't write a hit single about monsters.

God help us.

Or somebody.

Tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, you know what you'll see on TV? Stories of his life, the details of his autopsy. Did you know that a homicide squad was sent in just because the man is famous? Our tax dollars at work!

Explain to me why that he is so much more important than the thousands of other people who died today? The starving children in Africa? The protesters standing for liberty in Iran? Hmm? What difference in the world did he really make?

I'm not celebrating his death. I just don't care. At all.

DocWhiskey

WillKill4Food said:
I'm not happy about it. I just think it's crazy that this is what the news media, and just about everyone else in America, will think and talk about tonight and tomorrow.

A wrinkly supermodel and a washed-up pop-star die, and all the world's in shock, crying over their two idols.

This is what passes for urgent matters these days.

That cap-and-trade bill the House of Representatives is voting on tomorrow, it doesn't matter. What will it do? Help the environment? Deepen the recession? It just doesn't matter which it does, I suppose, because it didn't write a hit single about monsters.

God help us.

Or somebody.

Tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, you know what you'll see on TV? Stories of his life, the details of his autopsy. Did you know that a homicide squad was sent in just because the man is famous? Our tax dollars at work!

Explain to me why that he is so much more important than the thousands of other people who died today? The starving children in Africa? The protesters standing for liberty in Iran? Hmm? What difference in the world did he really make?

I'm not celebrating his death. I just don't care. At all.

I agree for the most part.

But I'm sure somebody will type the exact same thing on a Michael Jackson board somewhere down the line when Harrison Ford dies.

Nurhachi1991

Rocket Surgeon said:
Really? Wow!

You guys listened to his/her crap? Ugh!

I don't revel in anyone's death, I'm surprised, but not moved.

Maybe Paul McCartney will get the rights to his music back...he's one guy who's not broken hearted.

Here's your "King"

3660825699_5ffaabab63.jpg

Hey man back off. Jackson was awesome from when he was a child to the early 90s

and the sad thing is that no one will remember him for Billie Jean,Smooth Criminal, Beat It, and Thriller................. no all the idiots will focus on him being white or molesting children

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
Hey man back off. Jackson was awesome from when he was a child to the early 90s

and the sad thing is that no one will remember him for Billie Jean,Smooth Criminal, Beat It, and Thriller................. no all the idiots will focus on him being white or molesting children

It seems unlikely that no one will remember him for his work. And it also seems reasonable to remember him for both, really.