Michael Jackson Dead(?)

Niteshade007

Nurhachi1991 said:
Hey man back off. Jackson was awesome from when he was a child to the early 90s

and the sad thing is that no one will remember him for Billie Jean,Smooth Criminal, Beat It, and Thriller................. no all the idiots will focus on him being white or molesting children

Since it seems that's all people can remember right now, I find this statement hard to believe.

I don't really feel anything about his passing, to be honest. I enjoyed some of his music, but wouldn't consider myself a fan. I suppose it's sad that the last decade or so of his life the man was a joke.

Webley

bennihana123 said:
This is surreal. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, now Michael Jackson.

I can't believe it. :(

sky saxon also died the same day as jackson and fawcett. not that anyone is gonna care...even though he's way cooler than both of them combined.

Sky Saxon of '60s rock band the Seeds dies
By JIM VERTUNO ? 9 hours ago

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) ? Sky Saxon, lead singer and founder of the 1960s band the "Seeds," who had a Top 40 hit in 1967 with "Pushin' Too Hard," has died after a brief illness.

Publicist Jen Marchand said Saxon died Thursday but did not have other details. He was in his 60s.

The Seeds sprang up in California, and their garage-band sound with Saxon's distinctive vocals became a favorite of the flower power generation. Another hit single of 1967 was "Can't Seem to Make You Mine" and their song "Mr. Farmer" was included in the soundtrack for the movie "Almost Famous."

The Mick Jagger-influenced vocals by Saxon (born Richard Marsh) dominated the sound and in turn influenced later punk rockers.

"All the bikers around San Diego thought the Seeds were apocalypse, then," famed rock critic Lester Bangs wrote in "The Rolling Stone Illustrated History of Rock & Roll." "I recall one hog-ridin' couple ... who didn't take the Seeds' first album off their turntable for three solid months."

Saxon had recently moved to Austin, where he played with his new band, Shapes Have Fangs.

He had been planning to perform this summer with the California '66 Revue, a tour featuring a lineup of California bands from the 1960s.

Gear

Nurhachi1991 said:
no all the idiots will focus on him being white or molesting children

One's reputation is made by what they do just like you're remembered by what you leave behind. The child molestation charges may or may not have been true to any degree, really, I didn't pay much attention. However, his public images are the seeds he sowed.

Goes back to what I said 25 posts behind.

AlivePoet

Gear said:
One's reputation is made by what they do just like you're remembered by what you leave behind. The child molestation charges may or may not have been true to any degree, really, I didn't pay much attention. However, his public images are the seeds he sowed.

The family who accused Michael had no problem accepting his settlement of $27 million.

Everything can be fixed with $.

Nurhachi1991 said:
You were calling his music crap and you know dang well it's not crap.I know you liked Beat It

People tend to believe that other people are just like themselves.

I never bought a single, album, chatchkey,ticket.

Always changed stations...not a fan, face it.

The Man said:
For those of us too young to know: was this how if felt when Elvis died..?

It was just as crazy obsessive "news worthy" time consuming and stupid. Only difference, he was a bloated pill popper wack job who slept with an underage Priscilla, and he/she was a pill popping wastrel waif who, slept with underage boys and girls.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
It was just as crazy obsessive "news worthy" time consuming and stupid. Only difference, he was a bloated pill popper wack job who married an underage Priscilla, and he/she was a pill popping wastrel waif who, slept with underage boys and girls.
Farrah Fawcett arrived to the Pearly Gates and St. Peter told her that upon entrance, she could have one wish how to make the world a better place.

Farrah thought for a moment and then said, "I wish that all the children would be safe."

"All right... just hold on a couple of hours, I think we can arrange that."

<small>You may find it a little unappropiate, but admit it, you still found it funny.</small>

The Man

Finn said:
Farrah Fawcett arrived to the Pearly Gates and St. Peter told her that upon entrance, she could have one wish how to make the world a better place.

Farrah thought for a moment and then said, "I wish that all the children would be safe."

"All right... just hold on a couple of hours, I think we can arrange that."

<small>You may find it a little unappropiate, but admit it, you still found it funny.</small>

Yes. That was funny.

This is the epitome of class...

Former Beatle Paul McCartney, who recorded with Jackson before they had a falling out over ownership of the Beatles catalogue, said his prayers went to Jackson?s family and fans.

?It?s so sad and shocking,? he said. ?I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy-man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones.?

...and yeah it was funny.

Nurhachi1991

So far out of all the people I know I'm the only one who gives a crap abut him dying most of my friends are like good I'm glad the perv is dead -_-

But yet most of them hold Jimi Hendrix in high regard and he was a low life druggie.

But he was the best at what he did

Nurhachi1991 said:
But yet most of them hold Jimi Hendrix in high regard and he was a low life druggie.

“When the autopsy comes, all hell’s going to break loose, so thank God we’re celebrating him now,” Liza Minnelli told CBS’ “The Early Show” by telephone.

Brian Oxman, a former Jackson attorney and a family friend, said Friday he had been concerned about Jackson’s use of painkillers and had warned the singer’s family about possible abuse.

Low life druggie...:rolleyes:

Did you ever apologize to IndyWolf about your Manny/Phillies rant?

J.C. Romero ring any bells?

Nurhachi1991

Rocket Surgeon said:
?When the autopsy comes, all hell?s going to break loose, so thank God we?re celebrating him now,? Liza Minnelli told CBS? ?The Early Show? by telephone.

Brian Oxman, a former Jackson attorney and a family friend, said Friday he had been concerned about Jackson?s use of painkillers and had warned the singer?s family about possible abuse.

Low life druggie...:rolleyes:

Did you ever apologize to IndyWolf about your Manny/Phillies rant?

J.C. Romero ring any bells?

Why would I apologise I hate the Dodgers :p

Jonesy9906753

All conflict aside,He made great music
and danced like no other,his death will
go right next to Elvis and Lennon's.
Another dead music legend.

michael_jackson%2Byoung-1.jpg

R.I.P

Oscar-winning film director Steven Spielberg was more specific in his praise. “Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson,” Spielberg told Entertainment Weekly.

That's funny, Chuck Berry is still alive...

pva.jpg

*not my work...

Last edited:

The Man

Scorsese Weighs In...

"Michael Jackson was extraordinary," Scorsese said. "When we worked together on 'Bad,' I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other."

"Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion. He was wonderful to work with, an absolute professional at all times, and - it really goes without saying - a true artist. It will be awhile before I can get used to the idea that he's no longer with us."

fixer79

Found out the news when I switched on my computer on my Birthday yesterday.
Not a happy surprise. :(

R.I.P. Michael.

you may not be aware of it, but Michael visited Last Crusade set :
MJ%20&%20Indiana%20Jones_jpg.jpg

Im really really sad, Im a huge fan and he was an important part of my life, and always will be. I love him.

Forbidden Eye

Skylover SC said:
you may not be aware of it, but Michael visited Last Crusade set :
MJ%20&%20Indiana%20Jones_jpg.jpg

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Michael Jackson also had another connection to Indiana Jones. While both were big 80s pop-culture phenomenons, they were also both Disneyland attractions as Michael Jackson was is the infamous Captain EO, produced by our very own, George Lucas(directed by his mentor, Francis Ford Coppola).
eo_poster.jpg

http://www.yesterland.com/eo.html

Maybe with his passing, Disney can find a way to release it on DVD.