Whatcha playin? (Video games wise.)

Trennas

Have been playing Arkham Asylum for two days now (we got it a little later) and I'm absolutely loving every bit of it ^^ Everything about it just FEELS like Batman should, right down to the voices, the atmosphere and Batman's abilities. Very happy I pre-ordered it! :D

Morning Bell

Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii

I picked it up this week and I'm hoping to get around to it this weekend and see how the new controls work.

Trennas

After playing for most of the weekend (yes, I was THAT hooked) I finally finished Arkham Asylum! Man what a ride ^^

Now it's waiting for Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend!

The Drifter

Trennas said:
After playing for most of the weekend (yes, I was THAT hooked) I finally finished Arkham Asylum! Man what a ride ^^

Now it's waiting for Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend!

It should be waiting for Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, also!

Rhys135

Currently playing the original Wario Ware game, and I'm addicted again, and actually beating a lot of the high scores I got the first time around.

Can't wait for Beatles Rock Band and the new Proffessor Layton next month!

Dr.Jonesy

I purchased Batman: Arkham Asylum earlier today and it is awesome as hell!
:gun:

As a long time Batman fan/collector and who has played every Batman game that has come out since 1990, I have to say this game truly captures the comics and wipes the floor with every other Batman game ever.

I'm also an ardent Left 4 Dead fan (y)

DocWhiskey

Yeah, I'm hearing amazing things from reviewers and fans of Arkham Asylum. I'm a disgustingly big Batfan, and I downloaded the demo and was blown away. My favorite Batman game is still Batman on the NES, but this one might just beat that. I have to wait a at least 3 weeks to get it though.

Dr.Jonesy

DocWhiskey said:
Yeah, I'm hearing amazing things from reviewers and fans of Arkham Asylum. I'm a disgustingly big Batfan, and I downloaded the demo and was blown away. My favorite Batman game is still Batman on the NES, but this one might just beat that. I have to wait a at least 3 weeks to get it though.

That sucks you have to wait.
:(

I'm just glad they finally made a Batman game worth a damn!
(y)

Morning Bell

Arkham Asylum looks AMAZING. I'm considering getting a PS3 and that's one of the first games I'll be looking into. I'm not a huge Batman fan but I can't help but be impressed by it.

DocWhiskey

Dr.Jonesy said:
That sucks you have to wait.
:(

I'm just glad they finally made a Batman game worth a damn!
(y)

I'm glad too. I've played and pretty much own 90% of the Batman game library out there, and I never had as much fun with any of them as I did playing that 15 minute AA demo. And the reviews prove it certainly is that damn good.

I would buy the collectors edition, but the price is pretty hefty. And with everything else going on in my life right now, I have to wait long enough just to put some money aside for the regular game. Plus I haven't heard great reviews about the extras in the collectors edition.

But you have no idea how much it bugs me to hear everyone raving left and right about this game, and myself, this big batfan, trying to hold in my frustration that I have to wait haha. It especially hurts since there's at least 4 Gamestops in every direction by my school. A few days back I seriously stood outside the store and contemplated for a good 15 minutes on how I could get the game right then and there.

I think pretty soon I'm going to be locked up in Arkahm.

Dr.Jonesy

DocWhiskey said:
I'm glad too. I've played and pretty much own 90% of the Batman game library out there, and I never had as much fun with any of them as I did playing that 15 minute AA demo. And the reviews prove it certainly is that damn good.

I would buy the collectors edition, but the price is pretty hefty. And with everything else going on in my life right now, I have to wait long enough just to put some money aside for the regular game. Plus I haven't heard great reviews about the extras in the collectors edition.

But you have no idea how much it bugs me to hear everyone raving left and right about this game, and myself, this big batfan, trying to hold in my frustration that I have to wait haha. It especially hurts since there's at least 4 Gamestops in every direction by my school. A few days back I seriously stood outside the store and contemplated for a good 15 minutes on how I could get the game right then and there.

I think pretty soon I'm going to be locked up in Arkahm.

I know the feeling of having to wait so long. It's so not fun... Hell, I expected to have to wait until October to buy it but I have a discount at GameCrazy and had some store credit that helped me pay for it. So I'm lucky to have gotten it so quickly after release.

I've seen the Special Edition and it seems pretty cool, but nothing I'd pay a whole lot extra for. But it's still cool to look at. The game is all I really needed.

I hope you get around to buying it soon, because as a fellow Bat-Fan, I know you'll love it! I've enjoyed being locked in Arkham immensely and don't plan on escaping anytime soon.
:p
I'm sure when you get the game you'll concur.

I wish you luck Doc!
:hat:

HovitosKing

Morning Bell said:
Arkham Asylum looks AMAZING. I'm considering getting a PS3 and that's one of the first games I'll be looking into. I'm not a huge Batman fan but I can't help but be impressed by it.

Great (but short) single-player game; no online component and can't start a new game with your gadgets and moves from beating it before = very weak replay value. There are challenge rooms that are fun to play over and over again though.

The Drifter

HovitosKing said:
Great (but short) single-player game; no online component and can't start a new game with your gadgets and moves from beating it before = very weak replay value. There are challenge rooms that are fun to play over and over again though.

About how long did it take for you to beat it on your first play-through? Did you take your time or rush it?
I wanna know, because before I plop down my 60$ (which is hard to come by now-a-days), I would like to know if the SP is worth it for me.

Last edited: