Whatcha playin? (Video games wise.)

Le Saboteur

What am I playing?

Well, I'm still playing MLB The Show '09, and still hacking my way through Empire: Total War. It's a long slog to global domination.

Dr.Jonesy

HovitosKing said:
Great (but short) single-player game; no online component and can't start a new game with your gadgets and moves from beating it before = very weak replay value. There are challenge rooms that are fun to play over and over again though.

It's not short for me. And I've been playing awhile.

It has great replay value, in my opinion.

Trennas

Lonsome_Drifter said:
About how long did it take for you to beat it on your first play-through? Did you take your time or rush it?
I wanna know, because before I plop down my 60$ (which is hard to come by now-a-days), I would like to know if the SP is worth it for me.

I took my very sweet time going through entire game, collecting and solving all of the Riddler challenges, which takes some backtracking. Still a lot of fun to do it though! If you just follow the story line you'll probably go through it much faster, but I think I spend 10+ hours on completing it entirely. Which isn't short, but rather normal in my opinion. Also, I'd rather have a 10 hour game which is just so damned good than a 20 hour game that sucks :p The length of the game is perfect for the game itself though; I mean, how long do you think you can drag out a storyline set in a relatively locked (even though the areas are still pretty big) environment, without it getting boring as hell?

For me, the SP alone was definitely worth it. I enjoyed myself immensely, as have others, and I'm still just stunned at how it all FEELS like a genuine Batman adventure. I don't think you're gonna find a better Batman game out there anytime soon; because this one just has it all. :)

Dr.Jonesy

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I may start on either Fallout 3 or Bioshock next.
I've been replaying my old games here lately.

Both brilliant games. Especially Bioshock, which I recently replayed.
:gun:

If you like Fallout 3, try Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. That's one hell of a game too.

The Drifter

Dr.Jonesy said:
Both brilliant games. Especially Bioshock, which I recently replayed.
:gun:

If you like Fallout 3, try Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. That's one hell of a game too.

Very true.
I bet I put close to 200 hours into Oblivion.

Trennas

I was much into Oblivion for a while when it just came out, but it just got boring sooooooo quickly.

I'm gonna pick up Bioshock as well soon. Local toy store has it for 20 euros, which is a bargain (other stores are still selling it for 40 euros, though) if you ask me! Played the demo a while back and I was quite amazed at the great design :)

The Drifter

Trennas said:
I was much into Oblivion for a while when it just came out, but it just got boring sooooooo quickly.

I'm gonna pick up Bioshock as well soon. Local toy store has it for 20 euros, which is a bargain (other stores are still selling it for 40 euros, though) if you ask me! Played the demo a while back and I was quite amazed at the great design :)

You won't be disappointed in Bioshock. Great game design, beautiful graphics, awesome story, and one of the best twists ever!

The Drifter

Oh, and I started on Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
I beat the game once before, but the game is so great that I had to do another play-through before the sequel hits on the 27th of October.

If you love GREAT games I urge you to pick this gem up and also it's sequel (Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time) when it is released.

DocWhiskey

I just bought Mega Man II, Legend of Zelda, Castlevania, and Metroid for my NES. I haven't played them in years. They're still sooooooo much fun.

Le Saboteur

Not playin' yet...

...but I am looking forward to this.

In the meantime, I put down the controller, and am playing this again.

pic175966_md.jpg

The Drifter

Well, in the past few weeks I have beaten Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
I have beaten those before, and the games were just as good as when I first played them.

I'm now working on Assassin's Creed.
I am loving this game so far. If anyone likes history during the times of the Crusades, secret assassin guilds, and hidden corruption from the Templars. This game may be right up your alley.

Trennas

Congrats on beating Uncharted! I want to get my second run finished by the time Among Thieves comes out. Incidentally, october 16 is also the release date for Brutal Legend. I think my girlfriend and I are going to have to flip coins about who gets to play which game first, since they're both gonna be flipping awesome (y) Oh, that reminds me, the Brutal Legend demo was released today! Can't wait to try it out!

And I have yet to touch Assassin's Creed! Can't seem to find the time to play these days!

The Drifter

I also want both Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend on the 13th of October.
But, about the Brutal Legend demo. If you have not pre-ordered the game at Gamestop, you can't access the demo until next week.
Don't quote me on that, but that's what I've been hearing.