Who else thinks Twilight sucks?

Meerkat

Because I do.
No plot, no character flaws (which makes the story boring), and an absolutely horrid and twisted idea of "true love". (Does teenage marriage/pregnancy by an abusive boyfriend sound like true love to you?) :mad: :mad:
I would rant more about the suckishness of this disgrace to literature, but I don't have time right now. So I'll do it later.

Last edited:

The Drifter

Never read the book, never watched the movie, nor do I want to do either.
But, if anyone likes it - That's cool with me.

Hawkeye

Twilight isn't geared towards people like myself. I've never read the books, never seen the movie, and I never intend to. But I don't think that since I don't read or watch it, others shouldn't either. Different strokes for different folks. I'd rather read a 500-odd page Civil War history book than Twilight, but I know a lot of people would prefer the latter. I'm not going to be all uppity and say someone's beneath me if they like it; it makes no difference to me.

Meerkat

I never said anyone was beneath me because they liked Twilight, but one thing that REALLY got me was the quality of the fangirls' hatemail. So many people have anti-Twilight websites...and this is what the hatemail they receive look like. (The poor quality spelling also amuses me, by the way :p.)
Also, Twilight has driven its fangirls to do crazy things in the name of the series- innocent antis have been punched, kicked, stabbed with needles, and almost drowned. Just ask anyone here, and they'll tell you exactly what I said.

The Drifter

Meerkat said:
I never said anyone was beneath me because they liked Twilight, but one thing that REALLY got me was the quality of the fangirls' hatemail. So many people have anti-Twilight websites...and this is what the hatemail they receive look like. (The poor quality spelling also amuses me, by the way :p.)
Also, Twilight has driven its fangirls to do crazy things in the name of the series- innocent antis have been punched, kicked, stabbed with needles, and almost drowned. Just ask anyone here, and they'll tell you exactly what I said.

Reminds me of a few months ago. I was up at my cousin's house and I was walking by her daughter's room (the daughter is 15) and seen all of the Twilight posters. I laughed and said Twilight sucks to just be an ass, and the daughter and friend said she would kill me.
Was she playing or serious? Dun Dun Dun!

Last edited:

The Drifter

Not too rabid, that's why I still chuckle about it.
The girl's mom likes Twilight as well and she said I needed to read it. I said that I would if she reads one of my books.
So here soon, I gotta go take my book of Solomon Kane stories by Robert E. Howard out to her.

Agent Crab

I pretend Twilight don't exist. If people like it, it's their buiness and not mine. Though, the fanbase is known to be violent and will atatck people for opinions.

Meerkat

Agent Crab said:
Though, the fanbase is known to be violent and will atatck people for opinions.

Literally.

Cole said:
Those movies attract the same audience that the Jonas Brothers do.

You mean...giggling, simple-minded fangirls who can't think of anything other than what they're obsessed with?

Goonie

I don't even know what Twilight is (Ok I sort of do know, it's something the teenie boppers like). On the other hand, I do know what The Twilight Zone is.

DocWhiskey

I don't hate it really. I mean, it's not like it bugs me. Just like Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers, they're teeny bopper stuff and since I'm not a teeny bopper I'm barely aware of it.

My friend and I were driving to a concert and the drive was long and he had his girlfriend's copy of Twilight in his backseat so I read the first 30 pages or so. And I could see why teenage girls like it. It's like a romance novel but at the reading level of a young adult series. Pretty uneventful and boring from what I read. But if people enjoy it? Whatever.

I just want to know when Vampires will be considered scary creatures of the night again and not dreamy glittery Abercrombie models.

Meerkat

But now that Stephenie Meyer has written this series...I don't think we'll be seeing vampires on Halloween displays anytime soon:eek:
'Tis sad, isn't it?

Agent Crab

Meerkat said:
But now that Stephenie Meyer has written this series...I don't think we'll be seeing vampires on Halloween displays anytime soon:eek:
'Tis sad, isn't it?

The whole Twilight hate is basically jumpin' the bandwagon. I know poorer authors than her.

Hating Twilight is no differnt from a group of girls liking it. It's a Double Edged sword.

Meerkat

You...you know worse authors than Stephenie Meyer? Is...is that even possible?
(And BTW, if it is possible, feel free to name names, because I'm curious.)

Last edited:

Agent Crab

Meerkat said:

This includes god awful Fanfiction authors and someone who got their story published, only to have it a poorly written piece of Tripe. There was another story, published by one person, only to have the same written material for the same chapters.

The Drifter

Meerkat said:

Try Jean Rabe....bleh!

Morning Bell

I'm really tired of all of these vampire romance trends. Honestly, who thought that would be a cool idea? It's like a really bad joke or something that people have ended up loving. I just don't get it.

Meerkat

People probably thought vampire romance would increase the suspense/danger/action factor because vampires suck human blood....