Who else thinks Twilight sucks?

RedeemedChild

Nurhachi1991 said:
beatlessss.jpg

Listen do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell Oooooooooo closer ooooo waaaa oooooo let me whisper in your ear ooooooooooo waaaaaaaa oooooooo tell you things you might not want to hear.

*whispers* Superman returns was a horrible movie and I'm in no way defending Twilight but there is no sex in it.

and movies do need gore! Hate to break that to ya kid

Well not exactly Nurachi. Superman Returns was perfect in my opinion. At lest it was with the fans that I know of the original Superman films with Christopher Reeves. The movie fit in perfectly and my father and our amigos from Havelock, NC all enjoyed the movie as we watched it on a nice big screen. I can't wait to see the sequel Superman: The Man of Steel.

On the other hand movies don't actually need gore and perversion to be a good movie. X-Men: Wolverine Origins had no gore or blood (if my memory and knowledge serve me right) but the movie was still exciting and almost as exciting as the first three X-Men movies. Plus J.J. Abrams Star Trek was also very much a wonderful film and it was free of gore things of that nature and it was a huge success and the same goes for The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Capsian.

Now to get back on topic I don't know tic- tac- toe about Twilight but from what I've heard and seen in TV ads and all the films and books are a cross between Harry Potter, Dracula and the mushy (almost soap opera) DC Comics/The CW television series Smallville.

I've never desired to read the books but I've seen a few clips along with the Wal-Mart TV Ad for Twilight with the girl and the vampire in a parking lot outside of Wal-Mart and I actually thought I was watching a Smallville or The Supernatural promotional ad until I saw the title card Twilight at the end of the AD. In my opinion it's all dribble and non-sense but it seems as if that is the intellectual level of most girls and young women (i.e. Hannah Montana craze).

I was shocked:eek: to hear that the author of the books claims to be a Christian and that she wrote the books as an allegory of Eve and the Serpent in the Garden of Eden.:sick: That's what I heard on NPR in the late summer of last year on WFSU's radio station. And to be quite honest that's all I know in regards to Twilight.

BTW just is case you guys think I might be on some kind of happy juice I've included some quotes from Wikipedia.

"Stephenie Meyer has stated that the apple on the cover represents the forbidden fruit from the Book of Genesis. It symbolizes Bella and Edward's love, which is forbidden, similar to the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, as is implied by the quote from Genesis 2:17 that is quoted at the beginning of the book. It also represents Bella's knowledge of what good and evil are, and the choice that she has in partaking of the "forbidden fruit", Edward, or choosing not to see him.[14] An alternate cover features Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, the actors who play Bella and Edward, respectively, in the film adaptation."

"Other major themes of the series include choice and free will.[12][16] Meyer says that the books are centered around Bella's choice to choose her life on her own, and the Cullens' choices to abstain from killing rather than follow their temptations: "I really think that's the underlying metaphor of my vampires. It doesn't matter where you're stuck in life or what you think you have to do; you can always choose something else. There's always a different path."[16]
Meyer, a Mormon, acknowledges that her faith has influenced her work. In particular, she says that her characters "tend to think more about where they came from, and where they are going, than might be typical."[11] Meyer also steers her work from subjects such as sex, despite the romantic nature of the novels. Meyer says that she does not consciously intend her novels to be Mormon-influenced, or to promote the virtues of sexual abstinence and spiritual purity, but admits that her writing is shaped by her values, saying, "I don't think my books are going to be really graphic or dark, because of who I am. There's always going to be a lot of light in my stories
."

So as you can see Christianity plays a role in this series and so that gives me a breath of fresh air although I'm still gasping for an understanding of this UNUSUAL series of books.

And while we're on the subject of "twilight" Why can't Disney make an animated television series out of the Twilight Zone ride at Disney with the aid of Tim Burton?

Last edited:

Dr Bones

RedeemedChild said:
Superman Returns was perfect in my opinion. At lest it was with the fans that I know of the original Superman films with Christopher Reeves. The movie fit in perfectly and my father and our amigos from Havelock, NC all enjoyed the movie as we watched it on a nice big screen. I can't wait to see the sequel Superman: The Man of Steel.

As a big fan of the Reeves movies I cannot agree with you at all.

Granted they got the casting of Routh about right...he's very simliar to Reeves and the whole arguement around this I will put aside. I agree on let's pretend Superman 3 & 4 never happened and the first scnee where supes sacves the plane was great. But that's all they got right. There after it went straigh down the toilet.

Luthor and Lois roles were weak considereing they were pivotal to the...ahem..."plot" and Luthor's Moll was a blatant Miss Teschmacher rip off. And the whole having a kid but whilst she can remeber who the father is she forgets that's he's also Clark....please!!!:sick:

I think people today dismiss the acclaim Superman the Movie had in it's day and it would be hard to live up to that, but even so Superman Returns was just so bad it hurt.

In one interview I saw Bryan Singer admitted that returns was almost a chick flick...that statement alone should have ensured the end of his career in the superhero genre.

I could rant all day about the things that annoyed me about that film but I'd get RSI and it would be nothing most critics and Superman fans haven't already said.

Superman the movie and Superman 2 were epic....Returns was an epic....FAIL.

RedeemedChild

I must say the way things were going in this thread I was lead to believe that Twilight was some horrible nightmare of sorts.

However I now have a tottaly different view of the Twilight Saga. It's very much an allegory of Faith, True Love and Abstinence among other things. It's no different than Tim Burton's upcoming Alice in Wonderland or Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

images

I also found Alice Cullen to be quite impressive and in a way retro in my opinion.

Alice-Cullen-twilight-series-4129008-640-480.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
I must say the way things were going in this thread I was lead to believe that Twilight was some horrible nightmare of sorts.

I think the real nightmare is the fanaticism of those who like it. (And often, for that matter, those who don't.) But I simply treat Twilight as I treat Harry Potter or the works of Dan Brown or whatever other crazes that arise, with the knowledge that this, too, shall pass.

RedeemedChild

Attila the Professor said:
I think the real nightmare is the fanaticism of those who like it. (And often, for that matter, those who don't.) But I simply treat Twilight as I treat Harry Potter or the works of Dan Brown or whatever other crazes that arise, with the knowledge that this, too, shall pass.

I'm sorry Attila, but we're just getting started. ;)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmFkdzdt2C0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmFkdzdt2C0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Play Ball Alice Cullen!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Drifter

Redeemed; when posting a video the only thing that you have to do is just copy the embed code from the website you are getting the video from, and paste it here in your post.
There is no need to use the image tags at all. So, don't click the insert image icon or type the tags out.

RedeemedChild

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Redeemed; when posting a video the only thing that you have to do is just copy the embed code from the website you are getting the video from, and paste it here in your post.
There is no need to use the image tags at all. So, don't click the insert image icon or type the tags out.

Guys I know that. I'm sorry it was subconsciousness. Old habits die hard. Finn explained it to me. I simply forgot. Could you please forgive me? I promise I won't do it again.

RedeemedChild

Move over Harry Potter, pipe down Narnia, Take a back Lord of the Rings because here comes the second installment in the Twilight Saga: New Moon!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q58iQSHhZGg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q58iQSHhZGg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Move over Harry Potter, pipe down Narnia, Take a back Lord of the Rings because here comes the second installment in the Twilight Saga: New Moon!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q58iQSHhZGg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q58iQSHhZGg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

...'Kay.

The werewolves look really cheesy.

Agent Crab

Nurhachi1991 said:
Why do all the werewolfs have to have there shirts off? I mean come on

Fanservice and eye candy to the girls who like shirtless men. I also notcied alot of Shirtless "Bishies" fangirls love the hairless ones.

RedeemedChild

The Volturi are like the Medici. Has anyone else noticed that New Moon looks a lot like Prisoner of Azkaban with a bit of The Two Towers tossed in? BTW The Two Tower's aired on TNT yesterday.

Anyway New Moon is going to be incredible. I'm looking forward to this!

DocWhiskey

So Twilight introduced us to wussy vampires.

Now Twilight is going to introduce us to wussy werewolves.

What's next? Wussy Frankenstein? Wussy Mummy?

WHERE ARE THE SCARY MONSTERS?

Why does every woman want to **** a vampire nowadays? Yeesh.

Bring back the blood sucking creatures of the night!

The Drifter

DocWhiskey said:
So Twilight introduced us to wussy vampires.

Now Twilight is going to introduce us to wussy werewolves.

What's next? Wussy Frankenstein? Wussy Mummy?

WHERE ARE THE SCARY MONSTERS?

Why does every woman want to **** a vampire nowadays? Yeesh.

Bring back the blood sucking creatures of the night!

You sir, are a man after my own heart.

Nurhachi1991

Lets go down the list shall we

Wussy Vampires

Wussy Werewolfs

Whats next a wussy Sasquatch? hahahahahaha

harryandthehendersons.jpg

Oh........... yeah

The Drifter

Nurhachi1991 said:

Wussy Vampires

Wussy Werewolfs

Oh........... yeah

The picture that you linked to is down. . .

RedeemedChild

Nurhachi1991 said:

Wussy Vampires

Wussy Werewolfs

Oh........... yeah
LOL. Your attempt to make fans of a morally uplifting saga that has it's origins in the Garden of Eden failed. Your image link worketh not my friend. Better try again.