Happy Halloween Everyone!

I or my family are not ant-Catholic, I have lots of friends and whos parents who are Catholic, we just don't like the Vactican system. I've met some Priest who tell me they wish they had never become a Priest, and Martin Luther hated the Catholic system thats why he spoke against the Pope. And as Christan's we have good times as well, its not boring at all, my family watchs movies, we play sports, video games, we have friends, birthday parties, we go to theme parks, we travel, and we celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, The 4th of July, Valentime's day, Fathers day, Mothers day, Family day and more. Just because I'm a Christan does not mean i can't enjoy myself. We don't celebrate Halloween because we believe Satan invented that day. Because God would never celebrate Halloween, I could never imagined Jesus running around dressed as a Skeleton trick or treating. And sometimes I dress up on Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Please do not think Christans are weird and do not have a good and enjoyable time.

Last edited:

The Drifter

Regardless to how Halloween started, the true meaning of the holiday has been lost through the ages.
It's been modernized and Americanized now. It's all about dressing up and trick-or-treating. It's about decorating one's house with witches and goblins. It's all in good fun.
Just because I decorate my home with devils and imps, and let my kids dress up in scary costumes does not mean I condone the "Devil's Holiday". At first Easter and Christmas were Pagan (I believe it was Pagan) holidays. But, we all can celebrate them in our own way. That does not mean it's bad.

Gear

IndyWolf15 said:
Because God would never celebrate Halloween, I could never imagined Jesus running around dressed as a Skeleton trick or treating.

LMAO!!

Jesus has been going as a white European for the past dozen plus centuries. Does it every Halloween.

But about Samhain, we've always celebrated it as the middle point between the fall and winter equinox, and tradition says that the veil between our world and everything else thins as we draw nearer to Halloween and then thickens as we pass away from it. And the wheel turns again. This means that entities from other plains are more easily able to cross between. This is, for my family (can't speak about others'), why the whole theme of ghosts, spirits, and such is celebrated, it's also a time to remember those gone.

We might be having a party this year, with festivities in the barn, which doesn't need much in the line of decoration, with the draped cobwebs and grisly tools.

Was thinking about being a dead cowboy--as in - a ghost gunslinger. Nothing hokey, but more like Clint Eastwood or something.

Halloween. \m/

Lonsome_Drifter said:
At first Easter and Christmas were Pagan holidays

In tradition, 'Ostara' is the spring solstice while 'Yule' is the winter turning. And rabbits and evergreens are also around the center of these.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Regardless to how Halloween started, the true meaning of the holiday has been lost through the ages.
It's been modernized and Americanized now. It's all about dressing up and trick-or-treating. It's about decorating one's house with witches and goblins. It's all in good fun.
Just because I decorate my home with devils and imps, and let my kids dress up in scary costumes does not mean I condone the "Devil's Holiday". At first Easter and Christmas were Pagan (I believe it was Pagan) holidays. But, we all can celebrate them in our own way. That does not mean it's bad.
I understand Drifter i know my dear friend Drifter would never celebrate something that is devilsh. And i never said people celebrate Halloween because of the devil. I just said, thats why my family doesn't celebrateb Halloween. Many people do not realize that Satan started Halloween. And i don't mind other people celebrating Halloween everyone has there own beliefs and my family has ours. I'm not trying to force people to not celebrate, I am just saying why I do not believe in Halloween.

So Gear where in the Bible does it say, Jesus celebrates Halloween?

Gear

IndyWolf15 said:
So Gear where in the Bible does it say, Jesus celebrates Halloween?

LOL.

Where does it say Satin came up with Halloween??

... But Satin did come up with Rock N' Roll...

Last edited:

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
I understand Drifter i know my dear friend Drifter would never celebrate something that is devilsh. And i never said people celebrate Halloween because of the devil. I just said, thats why my family doesn't celebrateb Halloween. Many people do not realize that Satan started Halloween. And i don't mind other people celebrating Halloween everyone has there own beliefs and my family has ours. I'm not trying to force people to not celebrate, I am just saying why I do not believe in Halloween.

Yes, I understand that your family does not celebrate it. I know families who do not celebrate Halloween, Birthdays, and a lot of other holidays. I'm not downing anyone who chooses not to celebrate Halloween. It's your choice. But, there are some who celebrate it for it's real meaning (I believe Gears does, by his last post) and there's nothing wrong with that either.

I just like celebrating every holiday with Halloween being one of my most favorites. It seems that many people don't celebrate it as much as they used to. When my kids get too old for trick-or-treating; my house will be known as one of the best houses to get candy. I will go all out for it! I love it.

Gear said:
LOL.

Where does it say Satin came up with Halloween??

... But Satin did come up with Rock N' Roll...
Hold on guys I'm getting some Info right now and while i type out this info go search up on google this, the origions of Halloween.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IndyWolf15 said:
I or my family are not ant-Catholic, I have lots of friends and whos parents who are Catholic, we just don't like the Vactican system. I've met some Priest who tell me they wish they had never become a Priest, and Martin Luther hated the Catholic system thats why he spoke against the Pope. And as Christan's we have good times as well, its not boring at all, my family watchs movies, we play sports, video games, we have friends, birthday parties, we go to theme parks, we travel, and we celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, The 4th of July, Valentime's day, Fathers day, Mothers day, Family day and more. Just because I'm a Christan does not mean i can't enjoy myself. We don't celebrate Halloween because we believe Satan invented that day. Because God would never celebrate Halloween, I could never imagined Jesus running around dressed as a Skeleton trick or treating. And sometimes I dress up on Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Please do not think Christans are weird and do not have a good and enjoyable time.

The way you talk about Christians makes it pretty clear that you don't seem to think Catholics are included in that set. And I'm pretty sure that there are regular old Protestant preachers who regret their life path too, and not just Catholic priests. As for Martin Luther, isn't he the one who said "it is an ancient practice to burn bad books?

And I think you miss my point about Halloween being a traditional American practice. Yes, like good Protestants you celebrate Father's Day and Mother's Day and what not...but Halloween is possibly the most broadly social, the one shared by most of the population. It's not a matter of majority, of course, but of sharing something with your fellow citizens outside of the home, and beyond the family or the faith. That's tremendously important.

Attila the Professor said:
The way you talk about Christians makes it pretty clear that you don't seem to think Catholics are included in that set. And I'm pretty sure that there are regular old Protestant preachers who regret their life path too, and not just Catholic priests. As for Martin Luther, isn't he the one who said "it is an ancient practice to burn bad books?

And I think you miss my point about Halloween being a traditional American practice. Yes, like good Protestants you celebrate Father's Day and Mother's Day and what not...but Halloween is possibly the most broadly social, the one shared by most of the population. It's not a matter of majority, of course, but of sharing something with your fellow citizens outside of the home, and beyond the family or the faith. That's tremendously important.
I consider the people who are Catholic Christan as well, i never hinted in anyway that Catholics are not Christans they are simply not Protestants. And yes a lot of people celebrate Halloween, like i said, I have nothing against people who celebrate Halloween. No Martin Luther never said that.

You know what I'm not going to tell about who invented Halloween because if i do you will start saying ant this and that, you guys can search it up yourselves.

IndyWolf15 said:
You know what I'm not going to tell about who invented Halloween because if i do you will start saying ant this and that, you guys can search it up yourselves.

I don't care what the internet says, why do YOU believe Satan invented Halloween?

Rocket Surgeon said:
I don't care what the internet says, why do YOU believe Satan invented Halloween?
I will tell you this and this only Halloween is ant-Christan and Halloween is Satan worship.

IndyWolf15 said:
I will tell you this and this only Halloween is ant-Christan and Halloween is Satan worship.

I don't see how day to remember those who have died is anti-christian.

What do you know about Halloween?

Dr Bones

IndyWolf15 said:

All hallow's eve was originally a holiday of honouring the dead. A Pagan festival marking the end of Summer. Along camr the christians and it was then as with many other rtitual events, converted or usurped by Christian festivals. I believe therefore nothing to do with Satan.

I went to a CofE school (Christian) and Halloween was celebrated as just a bit of fun for the kids and a bit of history.

There's a lot of misinformation about ancient festivals that we still mark today albeit by superimposing more fashionable ideologies as the old ones made baby Horus.....sorry...erm...Jesus, cry.

Chalk up another thread where someone brought religion in to suck the fun out of it. :rolleyes:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IndyWolf15 said:
I consider the people who are Catholic Christan as well, i never hinted in anyway that Catholics are not Christans they are simply not Protestants. And yes a lot of people celebrate Halloween, like i said, I have nothing against people who celebrate Halloween. No Martin Luther never said that.

It's nice to say that he didn't, but...it seems unlikely. And even if the quote is off, it still seems that he burnt the papal bull. And here's a source.

Dr Bones and Rocket Surgeon are quite right, however. There is a pagan influence (<I>not</I> Satanic), but once Christianity came around, they began treating it as a day for the remembrance of the dead, along with November 1st and 2nd.

DocWhiskey

Why does everything turn into such a religious debate around here?

We have a thread just wishing everyone a fun and safe Halloween and once again religion rears it's ugly head.

If there was a Chanukah or Kwanzaa thread, why start a debate? Just move on to the other dozens of topics on here and find something you enjoy.

Halloween's all about candy and costumes nowadays anyway. It's actually a very fun and creative holiday. You go out dressed up however you want, get free candy, and perhaps try to get the crap scared out of you somehow.

October 31st is about as dangerous as the other 364 days of the year.

Sure, every year I may sacrifice a virgin here and there and drink their blood for sustenance to please my god Malbolgia, but that's not my point.

But anyway.......

If you guys are dressing up, whatcha gonna be?

What are your usual Halloween plans?

KiKi Kat

DocWhiskey said:
Sure, every year I may sacrifice a virgin here and there and drink their blood for sustenance to please my god Malbolgia, but that's not my point.

But anyway.......

If you guys are dressing up, whatcha gonna be?

What are your usual Halloween plans?

Just wonderin where you find virgins at this day and time. I thought they were myths like Pegasus or Unicorns.
But anyway, I'm thinkin of maybe Little Red Ridin Hood or possibly a witch. And I have been lookin at Wonder Woman costumes. I can't decide!!

Robyn

DocWhiskey said:
Why does everything turn into such a religious debate around here?

We have a thread just wishing everyone a fun and safe Halloween and once again religion rears it's ugly head.

If there was a Chanukah or Kwanzaa thread, why start a debate? Just move on to the other dozens of topics on here and find something you enjoy.

Halloween's all about candy and costumes nowadays anyway. It's actually a very fun and creative holiday. You go out dressed up however you want, get free candy, and perhaps try to get the crap scared out of you somehow.

Yeah Doc's right, Halloween is what you make of it.. If you're just dressing up, getting candy, having a party, why can't it be just that? Halloween can be fun! And I consider myself a strong Christian.. Actually a funny thing is last Halloween, when my teen niece and nephew were going trick or treating they'd grown plenty of inches taller than me,(I'm 5'4) and 25 at the time LOL But I thought it would be funny if I dressed up and tried to blend in with them, I ended up with a bucket full of candy! I felt so ashamed of myself LOL But dangit it was fun going trick or treating again!:cool:

KiKi Kat said:
I'm thinkin of maybe Little Red Ridin Hood or possibly a witch. And I have been lookin at Wonder Woman costumes. I can't decide!!

KiKi you can't go wrong as Wonder Woman! lol