Happy Halloween Everyone!

KiKi Kat

Rocket Surgeon said:
Grace Slick in a sequined jump suit! You could sing We built this City in an 80's power stance!

(just kidding);)

Ha! That just gave me a mental image. That would be too funny to see. Maybe I can get him drunk enough to do that and record it.

No Ticket

IndyWolf15 said:
I will tell you this and this only Halloween is ant-Christan and Halloween is Satan worship.

How is it Satan worship? The original intention of dressing up for Halloween was to ward off evil spirits by disguising ones-self as one. It has absolutely nothing to do with Satan at all. I was brought up Christian and we've never been told that there was anything bad about Halloween. It's not worshiping Satan to wear a costume around the neighborhood collecting candy. I'm not even sure how it could be viewed as such.

Are you one of those people who freak out over the Harry Potter books? I know there are some Christians who do, and while I respect everyone's beliefs I think it's kind of silly to get worked up over those books being about witchcraft and wizards. It's a fairy tale and yet just because it has to do with imaginary things like witches it's got to be evil and the work of the devil!

That's largely what viewing Halloween as Satan worship sounds like to me. It sounds like someone just told you that and you just decided to believe it to be true even though it's not.

Agent Crab

No Ticket said:
How is it Satan worship? The original intention of dressing up for Halloween was to ward off evil spirits by disguising ones-self as one. It has absolutely nothing to do with Satan at all. I was brought up Christian and we've never been told that there was anything bad about Halloween. It's not worshiping Satan to wear a costume around the neighborhood collecting candy. I'm not even sure how it could be viewed as such.

Are you one of those people who freak out over the Harry Potter books? I know there are some Christians who do, and while I respect everyone's beliefs I think it's kind of silly to get worked up over those books being about witchcraft and wizards. It's a fairy tale and yet just because it has to do with imaginary things like witches it's got to be evil and the work of the devil!

That's largely what viewing Halloween as Satan worship sounds like to me. It sounds like someone just told you that and you just decided to believe it to be true even though it's not.

Just ignore her. She's pretty much off her rocker anyway. It's people who throw the religion card into any argue gets me annoyed.

Haunted House in Manatoba

This Halloween people from across Manitoba will be flocking to Dugald to experience the fear shared by characters in their favourite horror movies coupled with the excitement of knowing it's all for fun in support of a good cause.

Unique Events is bringing its famous haunted house to offer people here the opportunity to learn what everyone in British Columbia has been talking about for years. The haunted house will cover more than 32,000 square feet and will feature costumes and props from famous horror movies like Dark Angel, Final Destination, The Adams Family, The Fog, the Scary Movie and Scream series, and many others.

The haunted house will feature a variety of themed displays, including famous scenes from The Exorcist as well as Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. There will also displays of pirates, a western ghost town, a butcher's shop, an execution chamber, a graveyard, and even ancient ruins, just to name a few. The haunted house runs from Oct. 22-24 and again from Oct. 29-31, beginning at 6 p.m. and running until 10 p.m. each night.

RedeemedChild

blackbeard.jpg

Enter the link if ye dare my dear land lubbers, for there be more than dragons and ghouls beyond that bloody seadog link!

http://www.history.com/content/halloween

All the history one could ever ask for ARR!

Agent Crab

Thanks for the link!

Y'know... I do watch the History Channel. Most of their stuff is worth watchin', comapired to what we have.

Speakin' on TV.

Anyone a fan of the Simpson's Tree House of Horrors?

The Drifter

Agent Crab said:
Thanks for the link!

Y'know... I do watch the History Channel. Most of their stuff is worth watchin', comapired to what we have.

Speakin' on TV.

Anyone a fan of the Simpson's Tree House of Horrors?

I am. I love the Tree House of Horror episodes.

Deckard

My list of Halloween movies to watch :

Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters 2
Silence of the Lambs
American Psycho
The Shining
The Thing
An American Werewolf in London
The Lost Boys
ReAnimator
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Army Of Darkness
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Planet Terror
Friday the 13th (Remake)
Nightmare on Elm Street
Nightmare on Elm Street 3
Nightmare on Elm Street 4
Halloween
Halloween 2
Halloween 4
Trick R Treat

Agent Crab

The Shining was an awesome movie, eh?

Deckard, have you ever watched Jame's reviews on favourite horror flicks? I can throw you the link or two if you are intrested.

metalinvader

Agent Crab said:
The Shining was an awesome movie, eh?

Deckard, have you ever watched Jame's reviews on favourite horror flicks? I can throw you the link or two if you are intrested.

James as in AVGN?

If so he is one of my nerd icons!:cool:

Hey Deck,No love for Halloween 3?:p

Agent Crab

Here ya go.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YhLCnb6OZNM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YhLCnb6OZNM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shining.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/csHfT5lYVfU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/csHfT5lYVfU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Aline Invaders. If you can count those as Halloween flicks.

metalinvader

Agent Crab said:
Thanks! I love his movie reviews. Even his top Jackie Chan Moments were truly epic.

Have you seen all of his Indy reviews? His top 10 dumbest Indy moments video was damn good.