Happy Halloween Everyone!

The Drifter

Happy Halloween!

Just wanted to say that early again this year. You all have a safe one and a good one!
I would have drawn another picture like I've been doing the past two years, but I've upgraded to Linux and I don't have a paint program installed yet.

Show us some pictures of you dressed up or show us your pumpkin carving skills!

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Drifter said:
I would have drawn another picture like I've been doing the past two years, but I've upgraded to Linux and I don't have a paint program installed yet.

Unless this is Marty McFly posting, you still have time to get a paint application.

Halloween is still... two weeks away.

Got any New Year's posts too, while your at it?

The Drifter

Pale Horse said:
Unless this is Marty McFly posting, you still have time to get a paint application.

Wow, I didn't know Halloween was two whole weeks away! Thanks for enlightening me Pale Horse! :rolleyes:
And, have a HAPPY New Year!

Pale Horse said:

Tis the season baby! Two weeks seems about right to plan, gear up, decorate...in two weeks and a day its over.

DiscoLad

Nurhachi1991 said:
Happy Arbor day!

*Everyone in the room turns towards 'Hach with a -_- look*
:p

Halloween is my favorite holiday though, next to Christmas of course.(y)
I might join you in drawing, Lonsome.

The Drifter

A few pumpkins that I carved yesterday. I had to place them inside because it's raining here.

387086_2586697787962_1270059057_3064283_76777940_n.jpg

300662_2586694907890_1270059057_3064277_692248763_n.jpg

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Just got back in with my kids, they had a great time putting on the stealth gear, soaping windows and lobbing TP grenades...

We had to hit our own property too, lest we advertise.

(y)

Meant to reply to his last year.

It's interesting how the night before Hallowe'en is known by different names in different places. In Montreal it's known as Mat Night, named after the act of hiding people's door mats. When I was young, common pranks were generally ringing doorbells & running away or throwing eggs at windows. I've heard that it's called Gate Night in western Canada and have also heard it referred to as Devil's Night.

So, are you staying in tonight, Rocket, or are you going out with your kids?;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
It's interesting how the night before Hallowe'en is known by different names in different places. In Montreal it's known as Mat Night, named after the act of hiding people's door mats. When I was young, common pranks were generally ringing doorbells & running away or throwing eggs at windows. I've heard that it's called Gate Night in western Canada and have also heard it referred to as Devil's Night.

In the UK I think we call it grounds for an ASBO!

Montana Smith

Not really liking Indy's 1970 look. (n)

Still, I suppose there's plenty of time between now and the 2021 scheduled release for Lucas and Spielberg to change their minds and return to the classic look.

Dr. Gonzo

Once in a while I'll go out of my way and treat myself.

After searching for years for this specific item I finally felt like I have TRULY found it...

The most accurate and now (as of last year) officially licensed Michael Myers mask is now part of my collection... and just in time for the holiday.
officialhalloween2mask.jpg

The fact that Universal had the stones to go through all the red tape and acquire the rights is nothing short of a miracle.

The original mask was a 1975 Captain Kirk mask that was repainted white. and because it was the 70's and "Halloween" was a low budget independent film nobody cared or got sued...

...that is until "Halloween" became the most successful independent film up to that time. Then Universal bought the sequel rights.
However the copyright over William Shatner's likeness came into question resulting in every sequel after Halloween 2 to have white face masks that looked nothing like the original. You can notice in every film after Halloween 2 each succeeding mask is different from the last. This has been the cause of much heart ache for fans wanting to see on the screen (and own) the original mask... it just has that GREAT indescribable quality.

Well like I said Universal made Halloween 2, which used one of the two masks from the first film... so after all these years of legal red tape they've acquired the rights to use and sell the likeness of the original mask!

I don't know the details or for how long they can, but if you're a fan and have been looking, I'd say bounce on this opportunity while you still can. (y)

signed
Dr. "Gonzo-for-Halloween"

indyclone25

Dr. Gonzo said:
Once in a while I'll go out of my way and treat myself.

After searching for years for this specific item I finally felt like I have TRULY found it...

The most accurate and now (as of last year) officially licensed Michael Myers mask is now part of my collection... and just in time for the holiday.
officialhalloween2mask.jpg

The fact that Universal had the stones to go through all the red tape and acquire the rights is nothing short of a miracle.

The original mask was a 1975 Captain Kirk mask that was repainted white. and because it was the 70's and "Halloween" was a low budget independent film nobody cared or got sued...

...that is until "Halloween" became the most successful independent film up to that time. Then Universal bought the sequel rights.
However the copyright over William Shatner's likeness came into question resulting in every sequel after Halloween 2 to have white face masks that looked nothing like the original. You can notice in every film after Halloween 2 each succeeding mask is different from the last. This has been the cause of much heart ache for fans wanting to see on the screen (and own) the original mask... it just has that GREAT indescribable quality.

Well like I said Universal made Halloween 2, which used one of the two masks from the first film... so after all these years of legal red tape they've acquired the rights to use and sell the likeness of the original mask!

I don't know the details or for how long they can, but if you're a fan and have been looking, I'd say bounce on this opportunity while you still can. (y)

signed
Dr. "Gonzo-for-Halloween"
i've never seen kirks toupee look so good , hahah

kongisking

Off to a costume party tomorrow evening, dressed as who-the-heck-do-ya-think?

Now would actually be a great year for everyone here to be Indy, to show support for the rumors about Indy 5 being considered by Disney...